Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Offense is Amazing

So I'm watching the game again, and I've been focusing on the D.  

The D sucks and is depressing to watch.  They look lost out there.

But this offense--- This offense is something special.  Every time the D got torched, the offense comes back for HUGE plays.  BB5 is a smart QB, with a great arm and no fear.  Yeldon is a utility back that can do whatever you ask him to do.  AR15 is a great WR, and JT80 (formerly known as man-boobs) has become a true threat in the red zone.

This offense is going to have at least 3 if not 4 perennial pro-bowl players.  

These guys make it worth the price of admission.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I know some will light me up for saying this, but yesterday's game showed me a lot of things that i've been dying to see.  We're so upset at the D (rightfully so) that we're forgetting that Bortles is the youngest QB to ever throw 5 td's and over 350 yards with 0 ints.  I went into this season anxious to see some shiz from Bortles and yesterday he showed it.  He's been good all year but yesterday was fantastic. Even though it was against a very poor team, I was happy about it.  

Now if we could just get some men on that Defense. 

I agree the offense has improved so much.

We still miss a couple of linemen to add to the run blocking game which has been awful this season so we can use Yeldon more effectively (by the way rewatching the game he gave great pass protection yesterday saving Blake a couple of times properly).

And maybe a slot guy, we need to get the short yardage game going, be it through the running game or short passes.

Other than that this offense is really fun to watch and more importantly it has a big margin for growth considering how young it is.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 02:12 PM by ThunderCat.)

This offense is not amazing yet. It's good in spots really good. But this offense won't be amazing until we can pickup 3rd downs consistently to sustain drives and kill time of possession and ware out the defense. Don't get me wrong they can score on the back of big plays. It wasn't till yesterday that the redzone offense finally came through. But wait until the slot guy and rbs are more involved. Then this offense will be greatest show.

The offense is SOOO fun to watch. We've solved the QB riddle, finally! We have plenty of weapons, we're set, sans a lineman upgrade or two. If Blake improves another substantial amount next year like he did this season, whoa, we might have a scary good offense. 

The defense should be easier to solve than if we had that mess on offense. Even if we only just had DFJ we'd be much better off next year, but you know Dave will focus all attention to that side of the ball. 

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2015, 02:22 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:This offense is not amazing yet. It's good in spots really good. But this offense won't be amazing until we can pickup 3rd downs consistently to sustain drives and kill time of possession and ware out the defense. Don't get me wrong they can score on the back of big plays. It wasn't till yesterday that the redzone offense finally came through. But wait until the slot guy and rbs are more involved. Then this offense will be greatest show.

I'll grant you 1 point---  That our run O has a tough time sustaining drives.  I think everyone wants a little bit more from the run  game.  I think 2 changes occurr next year that help our run game--- Linder comes back and we rid ourselves of Beadles..,..  That alone will shore up aspects of our short yardage game.

Other than that, the offense is pretty much secured as one of the best in the NFL.  I'm thinking top 10 next year--- And that's being conservative.

Quote:I'll grant you 1 point--- That our run D has a tough time sustaining drives. I think everyone wants a little bit more from the run game. I think 2 changes occurr next year that help our run game--- Linder comes back and we rid ourselves of Beadles..,.. That alone will shore up aspects of our short yardage game.

Other than that, the offense is pretty much secured as one of the best in the NFL. I'm thinking top 10 next year--- And that's being conservative.

I agree completely. Get some run blocking big uglies and watch the offense explode! It's nice to finally see some offense.

I agree with you Anchor.

Although, the offensive line still needs work (improvement or upgrades at a couple positions).

So many young playmakers on offense:

Bortles

A Robinson

Hurns

Yeldon

Greene

Thomas

Walters

D Robinson

Lee (hopefully)

Solidify the line by getting a franchise centre. move Cann over to LG and ditch Beadles. We'll have: Joeckel, Cann, ???, Linder, Parnell. The offense is SO close right now to being top level and they're almost all young guys. Focus on the D in the offseason.

I still stand with my position that Olson needs to be upgraded next year as well.  He's routinely has an average offense.  This offense should be even better than it is.  There are coaches that would/could get more out of this team than he will I feel.  This offense has big potential I don't feel it is likely to ever reach with Olson as OC.

The points yesterday were nice but they are an anomaly in the big picture of Olson's career at OC.

Legal, Blake Bortles only threw for 322 yards yesterday. Where did you get 350 from?

Quote:I still stand with my position that Olson needs to be upgraded next year as well.  He's routinely has an average offense.  This offense should be even better than it is.  There are coaches that would/could get more out of this team than he will I feel.  This offense has big potential I don't feel it is likely to ever reach with Olson as OC.

The points yesterday were nice but they are an anomaly in the big picture of Olson's career at OC.
I disagree. Olson is doing a good job imo and has shown an ability to make adjustments.

Quote:I disagree. Olson is doing a good job imo and has shown an ability to make adjustments.

I'm curious what adjustments are you speaking of?  Do you have any specifics?

Quote:So many young playmakers on offense:

Bortles

A Robinson

Hurns

Yeldon

Greene

Thomas

Walters

D Robinson

Lee (hopefully)

ALUALU

Solidify the line by getting a franchise centre. move Cann over to LG and ditch Beadles. We'll have: Joeckel, Cann, ???, Linder, Parnell. The offense is SO close right now to being top level and they're almost all young guys. Focus on the D in the offseason.
FTFY*

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

When was the last time we led the division in scoring? Feels weird
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

If Cann has an offseason like Linder did and Linder comes back whole then this team should have no issues running the ball next year.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Legal, Blake Bortles only threw for 322 yards yesterday. Where did you get 350 from?
Maybe it's coming up soon

Quote:Maybe it's coming up soon

380 at NYJ
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:This offense is not amazing yet. It's good in spots really good. But this offense won't be amazing until we can pickup 3rd downs consistently to sustain drives and kill time of possession and ware out the defense. Don't get me wrong they can score on the back of big plays. It wasn't till yesterday that the redzone offense finally came through. But wait until the slot guy and rbs are more involved. Then this offense will be greatest show.

I saw a stat in the middle of the fourth quarter that said we were 10/13 on 3rd downs. How much more consistent can you be?
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:I saw a stat in the middle of the fourth quarter that said we were 10/13 on 3rd downs. How much more consistent can you be?

Yeah, it's an incredible thing.  Especially when you consider that it seems that we are always behind on 3rd down.  I don't know how many times we're at a 3rd and 7 or longer, but I'm never worried about it.

In previous years, if we're at a 3rd and 4, it's pretty much time to get Anger ready.  Now, at 3rd and 7, it's still within grasp to get the 1st down.