Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake 'Brett' Bortles

On average Brett Favre had an 86 QB Rating and threw on average 17 INTs each season (16.8 rounded up), and 25 Touchdowns per season.   He is the Jaguars QB Blake Bortles idol, and the more you watch him play he does remind me of Brett in a few ways even down to the type of character.  Brett fumbled about 8.3 times per year too, its funny how people forget stuff like that because the Packers were winning games.

At least to this point one way they differ is that Blake is more like Aaron Rodgers in how he uses his legs to keep Defenses honest & to get critical first downs when receivers are covered that Brett never did, and Blake is more elusive in the pocket (because he has to or he would probably be killed with his oline).

Brett didn't play his rookie year so you can only really compare the 2nd year of both QBs where Brett threw for 3,227 yard
s 18 Tds
, 13 INTs, 6.9 avg, 85.3 Rating, 30 20+ and 9 40+ passes.

to Blake's 2,952 yards
, 6.8avg, 22TDs
, 13 INT, 82.3 AB Rate, 50 20+
& 6 40+ passes and he still has five more games to add to it!

The key is Blake has to make better choices, and his Oline has to give him more time to throw.  The Jaguars have some easy teams to play including the Saints which he should have a very favorable game against.

Only once in Jacksonville Jaguars history did a QB go over 4,000 yards passing which was Mark Brunnell in 1996!  Yes, Blake has a chance to be in that club this year!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/te...assing.htm

List of Jaguar QB Single Season stats from Profootball

Blake currently needs one more passing Touchdown to tie (David Garrard) for the franchise single season Passing TD record (Blake has 22 with five more games to go.  DG threw 15 INTs that year and only had 2,734 yards that year along with MJD to help him out & a much better oline).

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I see it too. If he has bretts career, I'll be very very very.ect ect ect happy.

Quote:He is the Jaguars QB Blake Bortles idol, 

You aren't the first one who has said this.

When did Blake ever say he idolizes Favre or that he is trying to be Favre? I know a lot of the people on this board keep comparing him to Favre, but where did Blake say he wants to be like Favre?

If Blake didn't say it, it's like a bunch of other nonsense on this board that gets perpetuated by other board members then eventually a bunch of mouth breathers start taking as divinely inspired fact, much the like oft-misinterpreted "It is built". But at least Bradley actually said that one.

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

I've been saying that since day 1

Now he's "Big Ben Favresberger"?    I like it !!

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Brett BortlesbergerINT.

Let the turd polishing commence.

Quote:Let the turd polishing commence.
Are you calling Bortles a turd?!?
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:Are you calling Bortles a turd?!?

He's not a complete turd, but the boy has some flies swarming around. My point is we have a team that perennially dwells at the bottom of the league and yet we're making comparisons to Brett Favre. The disillusionment some engage in to instill an iota of optimism is downright comical.

Btw, we just lost to San Diego.

Quote:He's not a complete turd, but the boy has some flies swarming around. My point is we have a team that perennially dwells at the bottom of the league and yet we're making comparisons to Brett Favre. The disillusionment some engage in to instill an iota of optimism is downright comical.

you're a clown
[Image: giphy.gif]

That interception pass to manti teo was farve-resque.

Quote:He's not a complete turd, but the boy has some flies swarming around. My point is we have a team that perennially dwells at the bottom of the league and yet we're making comparisons to Brett Favre. The disillusionment some engage in to instill an iota of optimism is downright comical.

Yeah, those stupid fans getting excited about their team and stuff. Morons with sprinkes and stuff, amirite? Derp.

Quote:That interception pass to manti teo was farve-resque.

I thought the 2 (two) passes beyond the LOS in a single game cemented his place in the HOF.

Quote:Yeah, those stupid fans getting excited about their team and stuff. Morons with sprinkes and stuff, amirite? Derp.

No, you're not "rite". What's derp is associating qualities of a HOF player to a struggling QB on a sub-par team in the illusion that it will somehow invoke the magical favors of the Win Gods. Sorry, it doesn't happen like that.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2015, 10:43 AM by HolsterHusto.)

Quote:No, you're not "rite". What's derp is associating qualities of a HOF player to a struggling QB on a sub-par team in the illusion that it will somehow invoke the magical favors of the Win Gods. Sorry, it doesn't happen like that.

If this is Blake struggling then I am even more excited about Blake. Blake is Favre, but I can definitely see the comparison in playing style.

Anyways, want a cloud for that silver lining?

Quote:If this is Blake struggling then I am even more excited about Blake. Blake is Favre, but I can definitely see the comparison in playing style.

Anyways, want a cloud for that silver lining?

Jus' keepin' it real, yo.

Quote:You aren't the first one who has said this.

When did Blake ever say he idolizes Favre or that he is trying to be Favre? I know a lot of the people on this board keep comparing him to Favre, but where did Blake say he wants to be like Favre?

Will Blackmon: http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/american-foo...8395.html#$$nysgxl&&W7YtPpnUEeW0pQqm9jXk6Q$$

Blake on Favre's consecutive starts: http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...sday-night

Another article referencing (though no quotes) Favre: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/no...ys-wembley

Blake on Favre: http://www.sportscollectorsdigest.com/fe...ke-bortles

<p style="font-family:'Palatino Linotype', 'Book Antiqua', Palatino, serif;font-size:13px;color:rgb(102,101,100);background-color:rgb(245,240,237);">Bortles said his prized piece of memorabilia is his game-worn jersey from the 2014 Fiesta Bowl victory.

<p style="font-family:'Palatino Linotype', 'Book Antiqua', Palatino, serif;font-size:13px;color:rgb(102,101,100);background-color:rgb(245,240,237);">And what relic would he want? Bortles said a game-worn jersey from Brett Favre, who was his hero growing up.

- See more at: http://www.sportscollectorsdigest.com/fe...OLc8C.dpuf

Quote:Jus' keepin' it real, yo.

Reality and Logic doesn't apply around here. You should know that by know Man, lol!

Only blind homerism and denial of any flaws are permitted, or you're not a true fan!

I'm truly glad the Jags have a QB that looks like he actually belongs in the NFL. No way on earth I would ever want Henne, Gabbert, or some scrub offseason acquisition over Bortles. No way.

But, Bortles does have his flaws. And they often show up at critical times in games and either deep in their own territory or in scoring position. But, we should just accept that as normal and blame the teams woes on everything else but the QB. The whole team sucks man. Jags woes are caused by both sides of the ball and coaching. But BB is a sacred cow around here. No criticism allowed.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2015, 02:04 PM by Dockerill91.)

Quote:I thought the 2 (two) passes beyond the LOS in a single game cemented his place in the HOF.
Tbh those passes didn't bother me, the first one no one was open, he decided to run, went past the los then saw he was going to get tackled on 3rd down short, may aswel go for it in the hopes its not picked up.

IIRC the 4th one was similar

Quote:Tbh those passes didn't bother me, the first one no one was open, he decided to run, went past the los then saw he was going to get tackled on 3rd down short, may aswel go for it in the hopes its not picked up.

IIRC the 4th one was similar

The 4th one? Yikes!!!! I sure hope BB5 doesn't continue to try to complete a pass while past the LOS.

Can't he see that big yellow line out there?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.