Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Important Stat I saw from yesterday

We blitzed 5 or more 7 out of the 45 times and 2 of those plays were negated by penalties. Rivers was 2-5 for 46 yards on those blitzes. As a team that has struggled to get a pass rush going you would think we would utilize the blitz more! I know our secondary kept getting burned yesterday but to be fair our scheme has them playing soft zone which starts normally 7 yards back. It's just so conservative,like the 3-12 play or the 4-7 play why not rush rivers into having to make a good throw. We don't have von miller and chandler jones who can beat there guy consistently and get pressure,we need to blitz and play more press.Just be aggressive! Please

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This has been an issue all year.  They think that rushing 4 guys is going to somehow going to produce pressure when all it's done is give opposing QBs forever to throw.  Why they don't blitz more is mind-boggling.  I'd rather give up a big play now and then due to that then just letting people pick us apart.

We also had an INT called back early because of an offsides.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

The problem wasn't the defensive scheme or plan.  The problem was the dreadful red zone execution.  Think of the game if the first two effortless drives had been touchdowns.  This team is challenged.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:We also had an INT called back early because of an offsides.
That INT never would of occured without the offside. Rivers knew he had a free play and just threw it up.

Quote:The problem wasn't the defensive scheme or plan.  The problem was the dreadful red zone execution.  Think of the game if the first two effortless drives had been touchdowns.  This team is challenged.
The red zone defense isn't god either right now.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2015, 02:19 PM by Doc Holliday904.)

Until we learn how to score in the redzone we wont be seeing very many Ws in the future

Quote:We also had an INT called back early because of an offsides.
The interception happened in the first place because Rivers realized it was a free play offered by Clemons. Otherwise Rivers would've completed to Gates after 4 secs in the pocket  over the middle for a safer first down. 

It is unbelievable that Rivers has amassed the stats he has.  Guy has a pea shooter arm and throws lollipops.

The Khan Years

Here is an important stat...Branch and Clemons combined for a whopping 3 penalties and 1 tackle all night.

Quote:This has been an issue all year.  They think that rushing 4 guys is going to somehow going to produce pressure when all it's done is give opposing QBs forever to throw.  Why they don't blitz more is mind-boggling.  I'd rather give up a big play now and then due to that then just letting people pick us apart.

Rush or cover. You gotta pick one when you can't do both. Sometimes, this team can't do either.

Quote:It is unbelievable that Rivers has amassed the stats he has. Guy has a pea shooter arm and throws lollipops.

I kind of feel bad for him. Right up there with the top QBs but the team can never quite find success
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Rush or cover. You gotta pick one when you can't do both. Sometimes, this team can't do either.
We don't have the personnel to just sit back and cover.  Since we lack pass rushers, we have to blitz to generate any kind of pass rush.  That at least gives us a shot and forcing the opposing QB to make mistakes.

Quote:This has been an issue all year.  They think that rushing 4 guys is going to somehow going to produce pressure when all it's done is give opposing QBs forever to throw.  Why they don't blitz more is mind-boggling.  I'd rather give up a big play now and then due to that then just letting people pick us apart.
Playing scared. That is the philosophy from Gus I dislike so much. This team has good enough CBs to play man coverage to use extra DB for more pressure upfront but Gus just doesn't trust his DBs. 

If the redzone execution was better we would have started to play prevent. See bills game where we got up big early.

Quote:Here is an important stat...Branch and Clemons combined for a whopping 3 penalties and 1 tackle all night.
A reporter brought up that statline to Gus at today's press conference. Gus' response? "I thought they played solid."

Quote:The problem wasn't the defensive scheme or plan.  The problem was the dreadful red zone execution.  Think of the game if the first two effortless drives had been touchdowns.  This team is challenged.

The problem was both the defensive scheme AND the red zone execution.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Here is an important stat...Branch and Clemons combined for a whopping 3 penalties and 1 tackle all night.

In the case of the second penalty on Clemons he responded to a Chargers WR moving. The Chargers should have been called for a false start on that play.

Of course that's no excuse for a combined one tackle.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:We don't have the personnel to just sit back and cover.  Since we lack pass rushers, we have to blitz to generate any kind of pass rush.  That at least gives us a shot and forcing the opposing QB to make mistakes.

Blitzing works especially well against patchwork OLs and rookie and backup QBs, of which we've played just about every game so far. Funny how this seems obvious based on our observations as well as the stats, but Gus continues to rush just four, game after game.

Quote:Blitzing works especially well against patchwork OLs and rookie and backup QBs, of which we've played just about every game so far. Funny how this seems obvious based on our observations as well as the stats, but Gus continues to rush just four, game after game.

It's painfully obvious. What else can we say. Obviously I feel like a change is needed. A large contingent on this board disagree. But I'm not sure those fans are being objective. Seems like they just want to believe the Gus juice is real. This team must practice baby steps in practice because we're not seeing real changes to a game plan or any sort of game plan. Can anyone tell me what our defensive game plan against the Chargers was?

Quote:It's painfully obvious. What else can we say. Obviously I feel like a change is needed. A large contingent on this board disagree. But I'm not sure those fans are being objective. Seems like they just want to believe the Gus juice is real. This team must practice baby steps in practice because we're not seeing real changes to a game plan or any sort of game plan. Can anyone tell me what our defensive game plan against the Chargers was?

It seems the gameplan is to hope the wide receivers can't catch.  Honestly the drops are the only thing that allowed the defense to get off the field.

The Khan Years