Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WRs before the Allen Bros....Yikes

As Jaguar fans we all know we haven't had a 1000 yard wr in almost a Decade! Thank God for the Allen Bros that looks to be broken by both guys this season, also having Walters, Greene and Lee in there gives us an exciting and bright future at WR....but let us at a look in the past before this new Era of the Allen bros.... get ready for a lot of lols and smhs...

Reggie Williams, Ernest Wilfort, Troy Williamson, Matt Jones, Dennis Northcutt, Jarrett Dillard, Mike Sims-walker, Jerry Porter, Mike Thomas, Jason Hill, Tiquan Underwood, Kassim Osgood, Cecil Shorts, Chastin West, Laurent Robinson, Kevin Elliot, Jordan Shipley, Michael Spurlock, Mike Brown, Ace Saunders, Danny Noble and Justin Blackmon.

I know im missing some... doesn't this make you appreciate our WR even more!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:As Jaguar fans we all know we haven't had a 1000 yard wr in almost a Decade! Thank God for the Allen Bros that looks to be broken by both guys this season, also having Walters, Greene and Lee in there gives us an exciting and bright future at WR....but let us at a look in the past before this new Era of the Allen bros.... get ready for a lot of lols and smhs...

Reggie Williams, Ernest Wilfort, Troy Williamson, Matt Jones, Dennis Northcutt, Jarrett Dillard, Mike Sims-walker, Jerry Porter, Mike Thomas, Jason Hill, Tiquan Underwood, Kassim Osgood, Cecil Shorts, Chastin West, Laurent Robinson, Kevin Elliot, Jordan Shipley, Michael Spurlock, Mike Brown, Ace Saunders, Danny Noble and Justin Blackmon.

[Image: 44UlXU2.gif]

Quote:As Jaguar fans we all know we haven't had a 1000 yard wr in almost a Decade! Thank God for the Allen Bros that looks to be broken by both guys this season, also having Walters, Greene and Lee in there gives us an exciting and bright future at WR....but let us at a look in the past before this new Era of the Allen bros.... get ready for a lot of lols and smhs...

Yes you are missing some of the Charles Sharons (Preseason wonder) , John Broussard's. But you did great on others.  Danny Noble, Kevin Elliot, Spurlock  etc. 

Let us wait for 1-2 games before popping the Champagne. 

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2015, 01:22 PM by temporaryname.)

As I posted in another thread, "I'm just stoked that we have so many options at WR after so much disappointment at that position for so many years... We've gone from famine to feast. Kudos to our staff for making it happen." David Caldwell has done in little time what our prior GM failed to do his entire tenure....We now have a surplus of very good to top tier ranked receivers.

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2015, 12:25 PM by Hawaii_jaguar.)

Quote:Yes you are missing some of the Charles Sharons (Preseason wonder) , John Broussard's. But you did great on others. Danny Noble, Kevin Elliot, Spurlock etc.

Let us wait for 1-2 games before popping the Champagne.
Ah yes Sharons how could I forget lol... but wait 2 games? Why the talent is obviously a billion times better than its been in a long long time and I you can't book the Allen bros go over 1000, you can come at me if one of them dont. In my humble opinion, I think A-Rob goes Well over 1000

Of all of them Blackmon had the best shot to going over 1k if he had half a brain to stay outta trouble.

Quote:Of all of them Blackmon had the best shot to going over 1k if he had half a brain to stay outta trouble.

Mike Sims-Walker and Cecil Shorts also got VERY close but missed a few games

Don't forget Torey Holt
Chicken nuggets is like my family.

Lol Underwood now plays for the Tiger Cats in the CFL and is actually doing pretty well there, he also got cut by the Pats the week of the superbowl...tough break for the guy. 

I miss Matt Jones one handed catches

I actually liked Wilford. Dude was clutch.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I vividly remember reading about Dillard and Mike Thomas post draft and thinking they were going to be quality players.

Jason Hill looked like a rock star in preseason and training camp, but his hands turned to compete stone as soon as the regular season hit.

Quote:I vividly remember reading about Dillard and Mike Thomas post draft and thinking they were going to be quality players.

I'll never forget Vic Ketchman saying Gene Smith "fixed" the WR position by drafting Mike Thomas (4th), Jarrett Dillard (5th) and Tiquan Underwood (7th) in 2009.

I liked Vic, but that was a bad call.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I actually liked Wilford. Dude was clutch.

Agree.  IMO he was the best pre-Allens/post Thunder/Lightning.  Not spectacular, but reliable.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I actually liked Wilford. Dude was clutch.
yeah he was

Matt Jones was fun to watch.  Imagine if he actually cared.  Reggie Williams wasn't too bad in retrospect.  The dude could block, LOL.

I liked Jarret Dillard. But that list make me nauseas

I actually like Mike Sims-walker out if all these guys (post thunder and lighting/ pre Allen bros)... he looked promising before his injuries... think he had some kind of knee infection that was a recurrence

Spurlock and Osgood were special team guys on their respective teams before they came to

Jacksonville. Then they became our starting WRs lol