Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lawmakers demand acting DEA chief's ouster after he calls medical marijuana 'a joke'

Lawmakers demand acting DEA chief's ouster after he calls medical marijuana 'a joke'

A bipartisan group of lawmakers say the acting DEA chief’s dismissal of medical marijuana as ‘a joke’ is no laughing matter -- and they want him out of the job.

Chuck Rosenberg, who came on as the acting administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration after embattled head Michele Leonhart resigned in May, told reporters on Nov. 4 that calling marijuana a medicine is “a joke,” and that smoking marijuana “has never been shown to be safe or effective as a medicine.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/...cmp=hplnws

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Marijuana is bad. It's a gateway drug that'll turn you into a crackhead. You'll sell your dog, pimp your wife, lose your teeth and pawn your kids.. But we need to keep the funding high for manufactured pain killers because they're way less dangerous. Oxycontin is way less harmful and people won't kill to get it..

Oh wait..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:pawn your kids.
[Image: 02e.jpg]

Quote:Marijuana is bad. It's a gateway drug that'll turn you into a crackhead. You'll sell your dog, pimp your wife, lose your teeth and pawn your kids.. But we need to keep the funding high for manufactured pain killers because they're way less dangerous. Oxycontin is way less harmful and people won't kill to get it..

Oh wait..

It is bad. It's not as effective as real pharmaceuticals. It makes potheads dumber. It still shouldn't be outlawed.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:It is bad.

No worse than alcohol for recreational use, and only bad if abused and smoked, not vaped.

It's not as effective as real pharmaceuticals.

That depends on the medical condition.

It makes potheads dumber.

Any reply I could post is an easy target, but suffice to say that's a dumb thing to say.

It still shouldn't be outlawed.

The only 100% correct thing in your post.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I did more stupid [BLEEP] on alcohol then I ever did on Mary Jane

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote:[Image: 02e.jpg]
Take it imo. Best deal you'll find.

Quote:It is bad. It's not as effective as real pharmaceuticals. It makes potheads dumber. It still shouldn't be outlawed.
Admit it, you're just mad that you're drug tested at work.

Quote:Take it imo. Best deal you'll find.

Admit it, you're just mad that you're drug tested at work.

I do the testing at work.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I do the testing at work.
Then you must be really mad.

Quote:Then you must be really mad.

Why would I be mad?

Quote:Then you must be really mad.

Double.

Quote:Why would I be mad?
Because you can't partake, so you don't want others to Wink

Quote:Because you can't partake, so you don't want others to Wink

Not at all. Do what you like, but don't expect me to retain you if you fail the test.

Quote:Not at all. Do what you like, but don't expect me to retain you if you fail the test.
I live in Texas now. Marijuana represents illegal immigration, terrorism and the devil here, and Texas cops get their panties in a twist about all three of those things. No mas ganja Sad

I think marijuana will be legalized faster than I thought. Once the old school generation starts to die out (the weed is the devil, so is technology) it'll begin to be legalized by the next generation of voters. These older generations are fearful of change and the votes prove that. It's hard to keep voting against a medicine that has been clinically proven to help..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I live in Texas now. Marijuana represents illegal immigration, terrorism and the devil here, and Texas cops get their panties in a twist about all three of those things. No mas ganja Sad

The puritanistic demonization of illicit substances had always been a tactic by racists to keep the minority down through incarceration. Now they're permitting it because they discovered that legal use leads to pacification and its much cheaper than the old way.

From what i understand colorado hasnt yet turned into elysium.

I think it does way more good than harm. You can't overdoes on it. You never hear about High Drivers causing accidents. Doesn't make people aggressive. Relieves general aches and pains. Helps people with cancer when they can't eat due to no appetite. I'm obviously all for the legalization. 

We're spending too much money on the drug war, and that's not even including all the money we're spending to keep people in prison for use of drugs.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I personally don't use the drug, and have no desire to do so.  I did smoke marijuana back in my younger days recreationally, but have not used it for many years.

That being said, after talking with people that used it for medical reasons, I'm not against it.  However, I would object to "medical use" in certain occupations and situations.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.