Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marshall Faulk Twitter Comment

nice to see the old jackson deville getting a shot in as well lol... gettem curtis.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow, dude is getting destroyed right now with some cold blooded facts lol.

Quote:What's his deal? Why does he hate us so much, lol...

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/marshallfaulk/status/667806671746437123'>https://twitter.com/marshallfaulk/status/667806671746437123</a>

All those replies made him look like the dumbest dude in broadcasting. Hilarious.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2015, 03:14 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Do you also know that over 10,000 people are located between the bud zone and fanduelville deck right? That can also explain the empty upper deck and next time maybe you need to do some research as well and you called yourself a jag fan.

So, one should do a head count between bud zone before declaring the actual fact that the upper decks were empty? Got it.

You sound angry.

Quote:nice to see the old jackson deville getting a shot in as well lol... gettem curtis.
throwing rib shots on faulk lol

https://twitter.com/marshallfaulk/status...1746437123

I just lost a lot of respect for Faulk for that twitter comment, that shows he is making it personal

The stuff after the game was more blah blah Jags just suck typical tv stuff, but that makes no sense 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Damn, Faulk 10/10 for trolling. Jags fans have been triggered. I'm surprised no one had their jimmies rustled when Dion and co. were clowning on the 3rd round punter pre game.

Quote:Damn, Faulk 10/10 for trolling. Jags fans have been triggered. I'm surprised no one had their jimmies rustled when Dion and co. were clowning on the 3rd round punter pre game.
That was actually funny and true. This guy is just a jerk that knows absolutely nothing, and shouldn't have a job with NFL Network.

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2015, 04:59 PM by Baconator.)

Quote:That was actually funny and true. This guy is just a jerk that knows absolutely nothing, and shouldn't have a job with NFL Network.

I mean, it all stems from him thinking that Mariota actually played a better game right? If so, he wasn't the only one. There were at least a few media outlets who thought Mariota played well, and I think Mariota was actually graded higher by PFF and FO, for example. Nothing wrong with that opinion, but the cheap shot regarding the empty upper level was a little tasteless. Its not exactly like the Jags fans on twitter have shown any sort of class either. Seems like its being overblown a bit by some people who got their fee fees hurt.

Quote:I mean, it all stems from him thinking that Mariota actually played a better game right? If so, he wasn't the only one. There were at least a few media outlets who thought Mariota played well, and I think Mariota was actually graded higher by PFF and FO, for example. Nothing wrong with that opinion, but the cheap shot regarding the empty upper level was a little tasteless. Its not exactly like the Jags fans on twitter have shown any sort of class either. Seems like its being overblown a bit by some people who got their fee fees hurt.

Check downs will get you higher ratings on that crap site. Pff is a joke. Just like the qbr.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Looks like it has all been deleted lol.  I checked it out earlier too though, dude got destroyed on twitter lol

Quote:Check downs will get you higher ratings on that crap site. Pff is a joke. Just like the qbr.

That wasn't my point, just that its not outside the realm of reason to think Mariota played well for a rookie who was essentially playing by himself on offense. Nor is it unreasonable to be disappointed by a supposedly young explosive offense who couldn't take advantage and assert themselves against a beat up 2-7 team. Furthermore, you don't have the 8th highest YPA in the NFL by checking down every play. The point is that people are irrationally upset by one guys opinion. 

Quote:That wasn't my point, just that its not outside the realm of reason to think Mariota played well for a rookie who was essentially playing by himself on offense. Nor is it unreasonable to be disappointed by a supposedly young explosive offense who couldn't take advantage and assert themselves against a beat up 2-7 team. Furthermore, you don't have the 8th highest YPA in the NFL by checking down every play. The point is that people are irrationally upset by one guys opinion.
You brought up those things and now it's not your point? Tell me are you always this full of it?
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:You brought up those things and now it's not your point? Tell me are you always this full of it?

The point was that he wasn't the only one who thought Mariota outplayed Bortles. Or at the least that Mariota played relatively well despite the lack of supporting cast, or that Bortles was disappointing because he couldn't really assert himself against a beat up secondary with a top 5 receiving corps. My point is not about comparing the QBs, just that Faulk isn't the only one who held such an opinion, and that there is reasonable evidence to back it up.

Quote:That wasn't my point, just that its not outside the realm of reason to think Mariota played well for a rookie who was essentially playing by himself on offense. Nor is it unreasonable to be disappointed by a supposedly young explosive offense who couldn't take advantage and assert themselves against a beat up 2-7 team. Furthermore, you don't have the 8th highest YPA in the NFL by checking down every play. The point is that people are irrationally upset by one guys opinion. 

Maryota's passing YPA is a great example of how deceptive stats can be. The reality is that the titans are last in the league at big passing plays while the Jaguars are top. Bortles YPA is lower than Maryota's because he constantly pushes the ball up the field and attempts difficult throws while usually getting little in yards after catch area from the guys he throws to while maryota throws a lot of dink and dunk stuff and has been fortunate against a couple of teams to benefit from some really poor tackling to help pull his YPA up with a lot of YAC.

Still I'll say this, this Maryota guy reminds me of a young chad Henne, so much promise as the next great checkdown master.

Quote:Maryota's passing YPA is a great example of how deceptive stats can be. The reality is that the titans are last in the league at big passing plays while the Jaguars are top. Bortles YPA is lower than Maryota's because he constantly pushes the ball up the field and attempts difficult throws while usually getting little in yards after catch area from the guys he throws to while maryota throws a lot of dink and dunk stuff and has been fortunate against a couple of teams to benefit from some really poor tackling to help pull his YPA up with a lot of YAC.

Still I'll say this, this Maryota guy reminds me of a young chad Henne, so much promise as the next great checkdown master.

Another jags fan who got their fee fees hurt. Don't turn this into a mariota vs bortles thread. It's about a bunch of people who got triggered by something someone said on the internet. Why do you guys care so much?

Quote:Another jags fan who got their fee fees hurt. Don't turn this into a mariota vs bortles thread. It's about a bunch of people who got triggered by something someone said on the internet. Why do you guys care so much?

The stats say whatever you want them to say. The eye test doesn't lie, Maryota does a great job of not making mistakes with where he goes with the ball, I don't think it'll lead to great development for him, but really his small body and weak arm are likely to be his eventual undoing.

https://twitter.com/marshallfaulk/status...1746437123

Big... friggin... deal.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I mean, it all stems from him thinking that Mariota actually played a better game right? If so, he wasn't the only one. There were at least a few media outlets who thought Mariota played well, and I think Mariota was actually graded higher by PFF and FO, for example. Nothing wrong with that opinion, but the cheap shot regarding the empty upper level was a little tasteless. Its not exactly like the Jags fans on twitter have shown any sort of class either. Seems like its being overblown a bit by some people who got their fee fees hurt.

[Image: Baseball-Player-Tries-To-Hold-In-The-Lau...g-Zoom.gif]

;

;

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2015, 06:07 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:Another jags fan who got their fee fees hurt. Don't turn this into a mariota vs bortles thread. It's about a bunch of people who got triggered by something someone said on the internet. Why do you guys care so much?
I think people care when someone says things that are factually incorrect. Mainly not taking the time to even know how long Bortles has been in the league. Also, what people say does matter. Perception is reality. Not too much to ask someone to do their job.

Neither QB player great. It's subjective on who you thought had the better game. 4-6 and in the playoff hunt. 2-8 and not. Don't get it twisted. You can beat the drum, but we have hope for playoffs. You have hope for next year when the records get reset.