Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marshall Faulk Twitter Comment

Quote:It was kind of depressing to see on tv the amount of empty seats even in the lower section. It's bad when the first thing people say to you at work is, "do the jags even have fans?" or "it looks like you are the only jags fan".

It's hard to get people up for a Thursday night game when the team has a coach that is something like 10-33 and the team has been playing like hot garbage for years. It's really a testament to how hardcore the fans in Jacksonville are that anyone at all goes to the games under the current conditions. Of course with all of that said the team is trending in the right direction now, starting to win games it should win, even if it took some questionable officiating in the ravens game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is anyone actually genuinely offended by this guy?..

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

He got killed on that twitter battle, if you can even call it that.

Quote:I knew you would be here to say something about the crowd after your sorry [BLEEP] bragged about sitting on your couch. Friggin clown. Moms wouldn't' give you 15 bucks for a ticket?

Lol. Show me where there is such thing as a 15 bux game ticket before the game starts and ill go.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015, 01:56 PM by leopold332002.)

Quote:Lol. Show me where there is such thing as a 15 bux game ticket before the game starts and ill go.

You are truly a clown because you diss our city about our upper deck but your butt is on the couch not willing to support the team. Go root for somebody else bandwagon fan.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:You are truly a clown because you diss our city about our upper deck but your butt is on the couch not willing to support the team. Go root for somebody else bandwagon fan.
So low income people who are fan of the Jags aren't really fans because they can't afford to go the game.  Ok.  I understand how being a fan works.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015, 02:12 PM by Jagwired.)

Quote:Lol. Show me where there is such thing as a 15 bux game ticket before the game starts and ill go.
CraigsList, stub hub, street vendors. We personally sold two in 434 that my better half won from a radio station. $30 for both of them. Seek and you will find. if you cant afford any price it's all good. You alluded to being cheap not low income.

Edit: probably best to refrain from empty stadium comments when you don't attend. Just saying.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Yes, there were a lot of empty seats. But us hardcore Jags fans that made it to the game made up for it with our noise. It was kind of depressing to look out at the empty seats though

There is always empty seats in EVERY stadium. Look at the bud zone they are there lol.

Quote:You are truly a clown because you diss our city about our upper deck but your butt is on the couch not willing to support the team. Go root for somebody else bandwagon fan.

You really think he/she/it is a fan?

Huh

"Shouldn't have to take a swimming pool or 1000 ft screen for loyal fans to show up."

I've seen this argument used before and still don't understand the logic...why is improving fan experience a negative? Hell forget 1000 feet video boards...why have anything at all? Why even have seats, loyal fans would sit bare [BAD WORD REMOVED] on concrete like at high school games. It's completely asinine, and it's always the same people who fawned over Jerry's World when it was built and how it was the next best thing.

Quote:There is always empty seats in EVERY stadium. Look at the bud zone they are there lol.

Not true. Every NFL stadium is full except here in Jacksonville.

;

;

Quote:Not true. Every NFL stadium is full except here in Jacksonville.
I have to believe you are being sarcastic here based on that comment.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015, 06:26 PM by nate.)

Quote:"Shouldn't have to take a swimming pool or 1000 ft screen for loyal fans to show up."

I've seen this argument used before and still don't understand the logic...why is improving fan experience a negative? Hell forget 1000 feet video boards...why have anything at all? Why even have seats, loyal fans would sit bare [BAD WORD REMOVED] on concrete like at high school games. It's completely asinine, and it's always the same people who fawned over Jerry's World when it was built and how it was the next best thing.

Great point.

Every team in the league is trying to do stuff to distinguish and improve the game day experience.  

Every.  Single. Team

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015, 07:15 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:So low income people who are fan of the Jags aren't really fans because they can't afford to go the game.  Ok.  I understand how being a fan works.

If you have disposable income like 15 dollars to buy tickets that you can attend, but yet you comment on the "empty seats" dont go to the game you are not a fan.

Simple as that. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:CraigsList, stub hub, street vendors. We personally sold two in 434 that my better half won from a radio station. $30 for both of them. Seek and you will find. if you cant afford any price it's all good. You alluded to being cheap not low income.

Edit: probably best to refrain from empty stadium comments when you don't attend. Just saying.

Back in my college days, I could score some tix and get in for 10.00. Usually I would have to wait after kickoff for the value to go down. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:If you have disposable income like 15 dollars to buy tickets that you can attend, but yet you comment on the "empty seats" dont go to the game you are not a fan.

Simple as that.
I've watched every game from kickoff till the clock reads zero. I guess I'm not a fan.

Wasn't the weather really bad that day? Combine that with 7-8 losing seasons, and you can see why the seats will be empty. Win and they will come.

Quote:Marsha, Marsha, Marsha
you win the thread

Quote:While I have no problem talking about the attendance despite being able to attend, I've watched every game, from kickoff till the clock reads zero. I guess I'm not a fan.
 Fixed and that is correct.