Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marshall Faulk Twitter Comment

Quote:Wasn't the weather really bad that day? Combine that with 7-8 losing seasons, and you can see why the seats will be empty. Win and they will come.

There was light rain early in the morning, after 5pm the rain was gone so it was no issue. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It seems ironic that the Jags and Faulk have something in common, an empty upper deck.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Wasn't the weather really bad that day? Combine that with 7-8 losing seasons, and you can see why the seats will be empty. Win and they will come.

Don't make any comments about the empty seats seen on tv, a simple observation. They'll say you aren't a jaguars fan.

Quote:Don't make any comments about the empty seats seen on tv, a simple observation. They'll say you aren't a jaguars fan.
I wont say you are not a fan. You're just that kind of fan. To each their own.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Don't make any comments about the empty seats seen on tv, a simple observation. They'll say you aren't a jaguars fan.

Especially if you watch the team on tv until the final snap and you have disposable income to attend the game. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

What was the official attendance number given for the game?

The last game I attended, in addition to the cost of the seat, I also spent 25 dollars to park, 7 bucks for a bottle of water, another 12 bucks on food and then had the great pleasure of sitting behind two teal-wigged college girls who spent the entire game on their feet trying to attract the attention of the camera men so they could be on tv. I spent most of the game looking at the old jumbotrons to get some idea of what was happening on the field. So much for my game-day experience....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

If the stadium is sold out, he wont be able to comment...

come on ...

everyone here knows a fan that can't afford to go, and its Christmas time coming...

dont be a grinch!

Quote:I wont say you are not a fan. You're just that kind of fan. To each their own.
Yea, the worst kind.

Quote:The last game I attended, in addition to the cost of the seat, I also spent 25 dollars to park, 7 bucks for a bottle of water, another 12 bucks on food and then had the great pleasure of sitting behind two teal-wigged college girls who spent the entire game on their feet trying to attract the attention of the camera men so they could be on tv. I spent most of the game looking at the old jumbotrons to get some idea of what was happening on the field. So much for my game-day experience....

I'll say this 1 more time. There's 20000 (approximately) cities in America; 32 of which (don't go there Jdub, let's keep this simple) have NFL football teams. People in Jacksonville that are within an hour of the stadium have an opportunity to do something that most of the other 350 million people in America don't: easily see an NFL game live and in-person.

The cost of everything sucks, but it's your team in your city. If you have the extra money, it's just a pure shame if you don't go, because there's plenty of people who would love to have that opportunity.

To each his own I guess.

Blah blah blah.... shut the hell up.  I've spent hundreds in purchasing Jags related merchandise for myself and relatives in other cities. I've watched every game from beginning to end since the team's inception. Ive been to close to 20 games and even manned the "Broadcaster Experience" booth half a dozen times when I worked for Comcast. Just because someone prefers to enjoy a game from the comfort of their home, doesn't make them any less of a fan.

Quote:Blah blah blah.... shut the hell up.  I've spent hundreds in purchasing Jags related merchandise for myself and relatives in other cities. I've watched every game from beginning to end since the team's inception. Ive been to close to 20 games and even manned the "Broadcaster Experience" booth half a dozen times when I worked for Comcast. Just because someone prefers to enjoy a game from the comfort of their home, doesn't make them any less of a fan.

Oh, you've spent hundreds? Oh my, I'm so sorry to have offended you. Someone get this man a fan of the century tee-shirt.

The place better be packed on Sunday against the chargers, with minimal Charger fans. 

We are in a playoff race. 

I thought the crowd was quite pathetic on Thursday night. 

I know I know there was 35,000 people in the Bud Zone.  Blah blah blah

Quote:Oh, you've spent hundreds? Oh my, I'm so sorry to have offended you. Someone get this man a fan of the century tee-shirt.
Someone get this man a arrogant [BLEEP] of the century tee... his old one is somewhat tattered....

Quote:The last game I attended, in addition to the cost of the seat, I also spent 25 dollars to park, 7 bucks for a bottle of water, another 12 bucks on food and then had the great pleasure of sitting behind two teal-wigged college girls who spent the entire game on their feet trying to attract the attention of the camera men so they could be on tv. I spent most of the game looking at the old jumbotrons to get some idea of what was happening on the field. So much for my game-day experience....

Some people just aren't made for game day experience I guess.

I've enjoyed the majority of the games I've attended... I was just referring to my last GDE

Quote:I'll say this 1 more time. There's 20000 (approximately) cities in America; 32 of which (don't go there Jdub, let's keep this simple) have NFL football teams. People in Jacksonville that are within an hour of the stadium have an opportunity to do something that most of the other 350 million people in America don't: easily see an NFL game live and in-person.

The cost of everything sucks, but it's your team in your city. If you have the extra money, it's just a pure shame if you don't go, because there's plenty of people who would love to have that opportunity.

To each his own I guess.
Amen a thousand times.  

I'm in Utah and would LOVE to attend Jags games.  Someday I will, but I can't swing it yet.  

Quote:I'll say this 1 more time. There's 20000 (approximately) cities in America; 32 of which (don't go there Jdub, let's keep this simple) have NFL football teams. People in Jacksonville that are within an hour of the stadium have an opportunity to do something that most of the other 350 million people in America don't: easily see an NFL game live and in-person.

To each his own I guess.

This, I'm a Jax native living in Minneapolis (been here for about 15 years now), I'm thinking about moving back to Jax (part time) just so I can attend the games.The only way to shutup guys like Marshall Faulk is to pack that stadium, win or lose. 

Watching this segment put me in some kind of bizarro world where everything is backwards.  I always held Rich and Marshall in good regards as far as there bias and opinion came into play.  I have always thought the opposite of Irvin, thinking of him as a loudmouth that was a complete homer to Dallas. Then all of a sudden, my mind was blown...

BTW, maybe I am a homer, but I didn't think the game was boring at all.  There were some great plays, especially by Robinson and Greene, and some not so great ones.  in other words, an okay NFL game.

To each his own I guess.

This applies to everything. If I have the extra money I should buy a corvette. But I won't. I'll spend it elsewhere. People are going to spend money and invest in areas that interest them. Up until this point the Jags have not been interesting in quite some time. I'm sitting on the fence with this because I do go to jags games when I can. However, I can get why people wouldn't want to.