Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Most Aggravating Thing

Great points OP, Bullseye, NYC, All22 & KY. I enjoyed reading this. The fact that we are debating position strengths shows uncertainty in personnel and the current overall state of the team. It is in a significant transitional phase, with management, coaching, players and philosophy. But, it's still only March, let's allow the new era a few months on the job to gain form. Let's see how their plan unfold by camp.

Meanwhile, as I read thru this, I wonder, how many 'topmost' tier players do the Jags have? Ramsey, Smith, Linder, perhaps Robinson? 4 at most, which could arguably be scaled to 1; Ramsey? We need more true core pieces within the position groups. The growth of Fowler and Ngakoue at end is crucial, as is the Oline retooling obviously. I am fine with WR & RB personnel. Can add juice at RB but I am not advocating one with 1st pick. Sort TE out. Do your Hail Mary's at QB. Appears bleak overall, but with a chance for a quick upturn. Now, we read, type, fight, hug, wait and see. Go Jags
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:One huge mistake Caldwell made was not address left guard seriously prior to last season.

The fact he thought Mackenzy Bernadeau could start at left guard was disturbing. He couldn't even make it to the regular season. 

And his backup plan to that was Joeckel?

They could have easily re-signed Wisniewski for a temp starter at guard, depth at center. He did not.

They could have signed a guard like Jeff Allen, Brandon Brook or Josh Sitton that would have been a day one starter. He did not. 

And from all accounts, they did not seriously pursue Mack last year. Another mistake.

It would not surprise me if in addition to Albert, the team adds at least two veteran linemen plus drafts two in the first four or so rounds.

From my perspective the Jags LG position was much stronger than Cann at RG or Parnell at RT. Both Joeckel and Omameh played well at LG. If Parnell's poor play was due to injury and he has recovered, then there's only RG as a problem. Of course LT (and
 I hope the Jags re-sign Beachum) and RT could both be upgraded, and better depth is needed.

We'll see what free agency brings.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:One huge mistake Caldwell made was not address left guard seriously prior to last season.

The fact he thought Mackenzy Bernadeau could start at left guard was disturbing. He couldn't even make it to the regular season. 

And his backup plan to that was Joeckel?

They could have easily re-signed Wisniewski for a temp starter at guard, depth at center. He did not.

They could have signed a guard like Jeff Allen, Brandon Brook or Josh Sitton that would have been a day one starter. He did not. 

And from all accounts, they did not seriously pursue Mack last year. Another mistake.

It would not surprise me if in addition to Albert, the team adds at least two veteran linemen plus drafts two in the first four or so rounds.
From your lips to God's ear...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!