Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

Quote:Its becoming comical how much you guys are harping on his deep ball issues. Historically the deep ball has always come last in the development of young QBs, even Bortles struggled with the deep ball last year. Consider this, in his rookie year he was 13/50 26% on deep balls, 36th in the league of all qualifying QBs. Thus far, Mariota is 11/33 for 33%, or 31st in the league.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature/25380837/a-much-improved-blake-bortles-leads-the-jaguars-vs-afc-south-rival-tennessee'>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature/25380837/a-much-improved-blake-bortles-leads-the-jaguars-vs-afc-south-rival-tennessee</a>

I think the deep out is more of a concern. Most guys in the NFL can chuck the ball downfield, but hitting that small window 10-20 yds downfield with consistency when the defense protects the underneath and deep route is really what seems to make or break guys.

But again, I haven't watched him enough and I don't know enough about his history to know if that will be a problem or not.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Its becoming comical how much you guys are harping on his deep ball issues. Historically the deep ball has always come last in the development of young QBs, even Bortles struggled with the deep ball last year. Consider this, in his rookie year he was 13/50 26% on deep balls, 36th in the league of all qualifying QBs. Thus far, Mariota is 11/33 for 33%, or 31st in the league.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature/25380837/a-much-improved-blake-bortles-leads-the-jaguars-vs-afc-south-rival-tennessee'>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature/25380837/a-much-improved-blake-bortles-leads-the-jaguars-vs-afc-south-rival-tennessee</a>

I think it is comical how you are ignoring the large amount of posters that agree with your assessment of MM.

I don't think he will hold up at this level and would not have picked him at number 2. However, he has looked promising in his rookie year.

Come on guys. This thread is still 57 pages behind the epic "Who is Andrew Luck" thread.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015, 03:47 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Hey Baconator, where do you discuss stuff with other tack fans?

I'd like to join in that conversation.  If you don't wish to make it public, feel free to PM me.

As for the tacks and MM, I don't know.  He's so pedestrian.  I mean, I guess he could make leaps and bounds next year to be in the conversation.

So let's give him next year.

As for BB5, he's good.  I think if we had a better head coach, he'd be even better.  But what can you do?

I mean, we all remember the nightmare that was last year.  This year is exponentially better than last.  And BB5 is exponentially better than he was last year.  

MM would be lucky to have that type of progression.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015, 04:00 PM by Baconator.)

Best place I've found for actual rational and informed discussion is Reddit.

Quote:<div>
I think it is comical how you are ignoring the large amount of posters that agree with your assessment of MM.

I don't think he will hold up at this level and would not have picked him at number 2. However, he has looked promising in his rookie year.

</div>

While there have been a few posters who have acknowledge Mariota's abilities, the board is overrun with irrational hate. Posters are doing some serious mental gymnastics for every time Bortles struggles or when Mariota does well. Some people are just so out of touch with reality.

Quote:1.   Best place I've found for actual rational and informed discussion is Reddit.

<div> 

2..While there have been a few posters who have acknowledge Mariota's abilities, the board is overrun with irrational hate. Posters are doing some serious mental gymnastics for every time Bortles struggles or when Mariota does well. Some people are just so out of touch with reality.

</div>

1...Reddit???  So at s/titans your are u/baconator?

2...  All posters in The Jungle have been rational about MM...  He's a simple QB.  There is no irrational hate on MM.  We all see him for what he is.  You on the other hand...  He's had success but he's a check down QB that thrives in the spread offense.  How is that irrational hate?

I think you have really lost your mind if you think that this Message Board is doing mental gymnastics and you are the one that has the clarity of thought...

At the very least,. you'd have Marshal Faulk types that would see these 2 QBs as similar.  But I'm not sure that any real football fan would think that MM and BB5 are similar at all.  They are 2 completely different QBs, on is legit.  The other is a system QB similar to Vince Young or Colin Keapernick...  

Anyways, so you hang out at Reddit?  Is your username baconator on Reddit?

Quote:1...Reddit???  So at s/titans your are u/baconator?

2...  All posters in The Jungle have been rational about MM...  He's a simple QB.  There is no irrational hate on MM.  We all see him for what he is.  You on the other hand...  He's had success but he's a check down QB that thrives in the spread offense.  How is that irrational hate?

I think you have really lost your mind if you think that this Message Board is doing mental gymnastics and you are the one that has the clarity of thought...

At the very least,. you'd have Marshal Faulk types that would see these 2 QBs as similar.  But I'm not sure that any real football fan would think that MM and BB5 are similar at all.  They are 2 completely different QBs, on is legit.  The other is a system QB similar to Vince Young or Colin Keapernick...  

Why are you concerned about what other forums I post on? I'm not going to give you my info out you stalker. You're probably the most out of touch poster here, he is not a check down QB nor is he a 'system QB' as you say. Those are both so factually wrong it makes me question whether or not you actually understand football or have watched him play.

Quote:1...Reddit???  So at s/titans your are u/baconator?

I doubt he's actually a titans fan, probably just a colt or texan fan that just likes to troll. We've had a lot of those over the years.

Quote:Why are you concerned about what other forums I post on? I'm not going to give you my info out you stalker. You're probably the most out of touch poster here, he is not a check down QB nor is he a 'system QB' as you say. Those are both so factually wrong it makes me question whether or not you actually understand football or have watched him play.

I'm the most out of touch poster?

I'm a fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars.  You are a troll.  Nobody in the Jungle came looking for you.  You decided to bring weak sauce here.

I'm just wondering where you actually discuss things with other folks that agree with you.  

So are you u/baconator on Reddit?

I'm just worried that after you realize that BB5 is legit and MM has washed out, you will ghost out of The Jungle.  

I just want to make sure I can troll you after you've realized how much of a fool you are.

Quote:Best place I've found for actual rational and informed discussion is Reddit.

<div>.
</div>

You're such an idiot.

There's not even a sub-reddit for football, much less the NFL, much less the Tennessee tacks.  

You're just a troll.  You seriously disgust me.  Where did you learn to be such a tool?  Like did your parents not give you enough attention?  Do you not know how to talk to girls?  Are you sexually frustrated?

You're just pathetic.  I'm really beginning to feel sorry for you.

Don't worry, I will be around. I have a hard time imagining Mariota washing out before Bortles, especially considering Mariota beats him out in nearly every major metric right now. Try to compare rookie seasons and its becomes a complete joke.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015, 04:38 PM by Baconator.)

Quote:You're such an idiot.

There's not even a sub-reddit for football, much less the NFL, much less the Tennessee tacks.  

You're just a troll.  You seriously disgust me.  Where did you learn to be such a tool?  Like did your parents not give you enough attention?  Do you not know how to talk to girls?  Are you sexually frustrated?

You're just pathetic.  I'm really beginning to feel sorry for you.

I'm the idiot? You can't even figure out how a forum works. Here you go:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/

Quote:Don't worry, I will be around. I have a hard time imagining Mariota washing out before Bortles, especially considering Mariota beats him out in nearly every major metric right now. Try to compare rookie seasons and its becomes a complete joke.

Reading your posts one would think Mariota was the guy that won head to head and actually threw a TD pass in the game.

Quote:Reading your posts one would think Mariota was the guy that won head to head and actually threw a TD pass in the game.

Nah, just the guy who has a higher completion percentage, a higher YPA, QB rating, TD%, a better INT %, better 3rd down performance, better redzone performance, all while being a rookie in his 8th game compared to a 24 game starter with a worse offensive line and worse supporting cast of offensive playmakers.

Quote:Don't worry, I will be around. I have a hard time imagining Mariota washing out before Bortles, especially considering Mariota beats him out in nearly every major metric right now. Try to compare rookie seasons and its becomes a complete joke.

You have a hard time imagining that because you are mentally weak.

I've actually thought about the possiblity of BB5 being worse that MM.  

You, on the other hand have a confirmation bias.  You consider the metrics you think are important as being the MAJOR METRICs...  Yet you don't actually consider the fact that maybe you are biased on your analysis.

I, on the other hand, am mentally superior to you.  I have realized that my confirmation bias may create a blind spot in my analysis.

I concede certain metrics.  I have concerns of play styles.  Yet I still see football as football,  I see that the Jaguars QB is better than the tack QB, not because I'm a Jaguar fan. 

It's OK, though.  But let's face it.  Next year, you won't be around after probably after November.   So where would you be after that?

I mean, it's easy for you to find us.

This is all anonymous.  So why don't you tell us where we can come talk to you?  Are you that scared?  Are you that mentally weak that you don't wish to tell us where you discuss tack football?

Quote:You have a hard time imagining that because you are mentally weak.

I've actually thought about the possiblity of BB5 being worse that MM.  

You, on the other hand have a confirmation bias.  You consider the metrics you think are important as being the MAJOR METRICs...  Yet you don't actually consider the fact that maybe you are biased on your analysis.

I, on the other hand, am mentally superior to you.  I have realized that my confirmation bias may create a blind spot in my analysis.

I concede certain metrics.  I have concerns of play styles.  Yet I still see football as football,  I see that the Jaguars QB is better than the tack QB, not because I'm a Jaguar fan. 

It's OK, though.  But let's face it.  Next year, you won't be around after probably after November.   So where would you be after that?

I mean, it's easy for you to find us.

This is all anonymous.  So why don't you tell us where we can come talk to you?  Are you that scared?  Are you that mentally weak that you don't wish to tell us where you discuss tack football?

You're so mentally superior that you can't even learn to type like a normal person? On the internet we call special snowflakes like you autistic. 

Quote:Nah, just the guy who has a higher completion percentage, a higher YPA, QB rating, TD%, a better INT %, better 3rd down performance, better redzone performance, all while being a rookie in his 8th game compared to a 24 game starter with a worse offensive line and worse supporting cast of offensive playmakers.

Like I said, reading your posts one would think it was Mariota that won, passed for more yards, more yards per attempt, a higher completion percentage, and had an actual passing TD on Thursday night head to head facing a top 5 defense, but, strangely enough, that was Bortles that did those things.

Mariota was less than Bortles in every way and was facing a mediocre at best defense with almost no ability to rush the passer. Until the final drive against a prevent style defense Mariota didn't even have 170 yards passing.

Quote:You're so mentally superior that you can't even learn to type like a normal person? On the internet we call special snowflakes like you autistic. 

Cute.

In reality, we'd call people like you "delusional"

LOL, so the tack reddit has no comments by our favorite troll.  But that's where you discuss stuff?

C'mon man.  Where do you really discuss football online?  I mean, seriously.  Are you just a sorry loser?  You don't try to actually find other people online that agree with you?

You just troll around?  

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015, 04:58 PM by The_Anchorman.)

C'mon Bacon...

Where you go?

We're the only 2 in this thread right now...