Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MM vs BB

Someone's autism is flaring up. You're alternating between creepy pms and publoc temper tantrums. Get a hold of yourself. Why not go share your 'arguments' on reddit. I'm sure many will be happy to indulge you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The titans offensive line has graded even worse than the jags did that year, and was significantly worse than the jags this year. If you excuse bortles for poor line play, why hold mariota to a fault because of it?

I'd like to see where you're getting that from, because I've never seen offensive line play as bad as what the Jaguars did last season, and while I'd be hard pressed to believe any source that would claim the titans are worse this year it would at least show you're not just talking out of your rear end.

As for holding Mariota at fault, I watched the game Thursday, I saw a lot of plays where he probably could have thrown down the field but seemed hesitant to. I don't know if that's because he doesn't have confidence in his receivers, his arm, or has poor vision. It wasn't a case of him getting hit in 2.5 seconds as was quite often the case for Bortles last year.

Quote:Someone's autism is flaring up. You're alternating between creepy pms and publoc temper tantrums. Get a hold of yourself. Why not go share your 'arguments' on reddit. I'm sure many will be happy to indulge you.

Why not tell us where you discuss your team's wins and losses?

I mean, it's clear you hate BB5.  Why not tell us where we can come and discuss your point of view where you reside?

Unless you just troll here and don't really actually connect with other folks that are fans of your team.  And if so, how sick is that?  Like, are you not a real person?  Don't you want to actually connect with people that think similarly as you?

Oh and, what do you mean by me being autistic?  I'm not sure I understand that.

What I do understand is that you potentially have a very lonely life.  I'm sorry to say it,  but it's really sad that you think that my attempts to understand your lonliness is an indictment on me.  I'm just trying to understand a person that spends multiple hours a week arguing with a group of people that continuously point out your inability to understand the game of football...

Again,I'd like to know what your reddit or twitter account is once you leave The Jungle.  I know for a fact that once Blake Bortles is recognized as a pro-bowl QB and Merri-co-cheese is in the same category as RGIII you will no longer be here in The Jungle.  So please, tell us where we can follow you after you slink away from The Jungle with your tail between your legs.

I mean, I'm sure you have another message board you discuss tack football.  Just tell us where that is.  That way, you know where we are, and we know where you are.

That's really not too much to ask, is it?  Are you that scared?  If you really believe that Blake Bortles will be a bust, you should be OK with providing that type of information.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015, 08:02 PM by Baconator.)

Quote:I'd like to see where you're getting that from, because I've never seen offensive line play as bad as what the Jaguars did last season, and while I'd be hard pressed to believe any source that would claim the titans are worse this year it would at least show you're not just talking out of your rear end.

As for holding Mariota at fault, I watched the game Thursday, I saw a lot of plays where he probably could have thrown down the field but seemed hesitant to. I don't know if that's because he doesn't have confidence in his receivers, his arm, or has poor vision. It wasn't a case of him getting hit in 2.5 seconds as was quite often the case for Bortles last year.
Football outsiders and pro football focus. Jags were 30th in the nfl during bortles rookie season and had an adjusted sack rate of 9.8%. Titans are 31st in the nfl this year's and have a sack rate of over 10% (it was over 12% before Mularkey made adjustments to the starters).

To add, this year the jags are at 7.8%. Numbers were before the jags/titans game on Thursday.

Quote:Football outsiders and pro football focus. Jags were 30th in the nfl during bortles rookie season and had an adjusted sack rate of 9.8%. Titans are 31st in the nfl this year's and have a sack rate of over 10% (it was over 12% before Mularkey made adjustments to the starters).

Could you post the link? I don't care much for stats like "adjusted xxx rate," but it would be interesting to see where you're getting this stuff from.

To be fair, when you are use to drafting and watching guys like Vince young, jake Locker, and Zach Mettenberger every week considering Maryota an up and coming qb isn't quite so delusional.

Quote:Football outsiders and pro football focus. Jags were 30th in the nfl during bortles rookie season and had an adjusted sack rate of 9.8%. Titans are 31st in the nfl this year's and have a sack rate of over 10% (it was over 12% before Mularkey made adjustments to the starters).

MM has a higher completion % than BB5.  He's clearly the better QB. 

You don't really watch football.  Otherwise you'd know that the O-Line for the Jagaurs last year was horrible.  The fact the Jags were 30 in what ever you are comparing them to is based on BB5's pocket awareness.  

MM has no pocket awareness, he get's sacked because he sucks in the pocket.  

You are incapable of understanding O-line ability and QB pocket awareness.  I think it's because you are not really fully aware of how the game of football works...

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015, 08:08 PM by Baconator.)

Quote:Could you post the link? I don't care much for stats like "adjusted xxx rate," but it would be interesting to see where you're getting this stuff from.
I can't post the link on mobile but just Google football outsiders offensive line 2015. As of week 10, titans were at 10% and jags were at 7.8%.

You have to a bit of research to get pff analytics but they're available. Pff had the jags graded 15th in pass blocking.

Quote:I can't post the link on mobile but just Google football outsiders offensive line 2015. As of week 10, titans were at 10% and jags were at 7.8%.

Is this the ranking you're talking about? http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

It shows the titans offensive line this year as having a lower adjusted sack rate than the Jaguars THIS YEAR. (7.0% for the titans, 7.4% for the Jaguars)

Quote:Is this the ranking you're talking about? <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol'>http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol</a>

It shows the titans offensive line this year as having a lower adjusted sack rate than the Jaguars THIS YEAR. (7.0% for the titans, 7.4% for the Jaguars)

You're misreading look at the pass protection and the ranks there. Also Google 2014 pro football focus offensive line rankings, the jags were graded 15th best.

Quote:You're misreading look at the pass protection and the ranks there. Also Google 2014 pro football focus offensive line rankings, the jags were graded 15th best.

Yes, I did misread that somehow. It shows the Jaguars in 2014 as having an 11.3% sack rate, much higher than the titans this season.

Quote:Yes, I did misread that somehow. It shows the Jaguars in 2014 as having an 11.3% sack rate, much higher than the titans this season.

The titans were well over 12% before the switch in coaching. Splitting hairs here isn't the point, both units are terrible at times each graded worse than the other. No doubt that impacted bortles throughout his career. But the point is that if we're going to give bortles a pass based on poor line play, why does mariota not get the same benefit of the doubt?

Quote:The titans were well over 12% before the switch in coaching. Splitting hairs here isn't the point, both units are terrible at times each graded worse than the other. No doubt that impacted bortles throughout his career. But the point is that if we're going to give bortles a pass based on poor line play, why does mariota not get the same benefit of the doubt?

I didn't see poor line play Thursday night, what I saw was a guy that looked at the rush and got skittish whenever there was anyone close to him and caused sacks to happen. Doesn't really matter, though, the adjusted sack rate doesn't rate the offensive line's ability to block a pass rush, it just is a ratio of sacks and grounding penalties to dropbacks. My own qualitative analysis of the titans offensive line was that it wasn't good, but wasn't as bad as four sacks against a team that can't rush the passer would suggest.

Quote:The titans were well over 12% before the switch in coaching. Splitting hairs here isn't the point, both units are terrible at times each graded worse than the other. No doubt that impacted bortles throughout his career. But the point is that if we're going to give bortles a pass based on poor line play, why does mariota not get the same benefit of the doubt?

LOL...

If one takes a mirror and an Ipad, and flips the perspective one can make it appear that the sun rises from the West.

You are just that type of person aren't you?

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015, 08:37 PM by Vicbow Rules.)

Ok, maybe MM ends up good. Many people, not just on this board, think that might not happen. In the end, these are just opinions and there is no need to get upset about it. I read that somewhere....(16th one down)

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/15352-marshall-faulk-twitter-comment/page-2'>http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/15352-marshall-faulk-twitter-comment/page-2</a>
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:I didn't see poor line play Thursday night, what I saw was a guy that looked at the rush and got skittish whenever there was anyone close to him and caused sacks to happen. Doesn't really matter, though, the adjusted sack rate doesn't rate the offensive line's ability to block a pass rush, it just is a ratio of sacks and grounding penalties to dropbacks. My own qualitative analysis of the titans offensive line was that it wasn't good, but wasn't as bad as four sacks against a team that can't rush the passer would suggest.

Go look at pro football focus. Sounds like those are the metrics you'd be interested in.

They rated a couple guys high in pass protection, lewan and warmac were positives. So your intuition coincidences there for sure. And I agree they were good at times and mariota lost awareness.

But they were also absolutely miserable in the rest of the line. Especially the interior. Did you watch that two minute drill at the end of the game? Guys were literally walking back to get set, they had no urgency or desire at all. No offense but the jags pass rush is pretty poor and they gave up 4 sacks. On the last play they rushed 4 and 2 broke through nearly instantly.

Consider too his receivers for the game. Outside of walker, no one has been productive or able to get any separation. Give him some real weapons who can get open and I think he is more productive down the field. I think that has been one of the biggest differences for bortles this year. Look at the way Robinson made this incredible catches in traffic. Hopefully it gets better when Wright is back.

Quote:Ok, maybe MM ends up good. Many people, not just on this board, think that might not happen. In the end, these are just opinions and there is no need to get upset about it. I read that somewhere....(12th one down)

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/15352-marshall-faulk-twitter-comment/page-2'>http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/15352-marshall-faulk-twitter-comment/page-2</a>

No you're right.  MM might end up being good.

That's a big maybe.  BB5 has a better chance of being good then MM.  That's just the bottom line.

There were many mid-ranged throws that MM missed when he had a clean pocket.  The tack QB is not accurate and is a check down artist.  That's just the facts.  Maybe he'll figure it out...  But he probably won't.  At the end of the day, whether he makes it or not, all us Jaguar fans will still be here to discuss it.  tack trolls, on the other hand will slink away and never show there faces again after the end of next season.

Just pointing this out, because the bottom line is that there are certain posters that have no concept of objectivity, and are also providing no position of accountability.  I feel it's important to point that out to everyone.  Maybe I'm autistic like that. :geek:

Quote:No you're right. MM might end up being good.

That's a big maybe. BB5 has a better chance of being good then MM. That's just the bottom line.

There were many mid-ranged throws that MM missed when he had a clean pocket. The tack QB is not accurate and is a check down artist. That's just the facts. Maybe he'll figure it out... But he probably won't. At the end of the day, whether he makes it or not, all us Jaguar fans will still be here to discuss it. tack trolls, on the other hand will slink away and never show there faces again after the end of next season.

Just pointing this out, because the bottom line is that there are certain posters that have no concept of objectivity, and are also providing no position of accountability. I feel it's important to point that out to everyone. Maybe I'm autistic like that. :geek:

BB5 had proven himself capable in year 2. That means more than just about anything anyone does in year 1. Now the question is how high is his ceiling?
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:. Did you watch that two minute drill at the end of the game? Guys were literally walking back to get set, they had no urgency or desire at all. 

Sounds like a team has no leader at the QB position to me.  

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter.  What matters is the outcome.  MM is sloppy in the pocket.  He's also shakey on any pass over 7 yards  I recall at least 3 passes on critical downs that MM missed his WR either high or behind. 

You can cry a river about how much better BB5's WRs are, or you can acknowledge that BB5 makes his recievers better by giving them a chance.  When BB5 misses his recievers either high/underthrown/behind the the route, it's on the QB.

MM is not accurate.  He's just not.  No matter how many websites you provide, it doesn't change the facts as one sees when watching the game of football.  You may want to try and do that some time.  Just a suggestion.  

Quote:BB5 had proven himself capable in year 2. That means more than just about anything anyone does in year 1. Now the question is how high is his ceiling?

I think his ceiling is pro-bowl level.  I think he's right there at the Tony Romo level.  Meaning that we're gonna be play-off contenders year in and year out.

If we get a decent O-Line and a running game, we're SB contenders.  

The problem with Romo has always been his owner.  We don't have that problem.  We're gonna be legit for years, just like the cowboys had the chance to be.