Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We Should Cut Jeremy Parnell

Quote:Going into week 9 against the Chiefs, Parnell had only given up one sack and everyone was singing his praises. Then Dee Ford happened, and a couple more rough games. After that's it's been a reputation bloodbath for him despite his rebound late in the season as you mentioned. 

Dave and Doug have both gone to bat for him particularly multiple times this offseason, so I wouldn't count on anyone but him starting next year. 
True. 

That KC/Dee Ford debacle was Parnell's own version of Joeckel's 2015 week 16 vs Mercilus and Watt. 

It wasn't indicative of his overall play on the season nor the prior season however.  Here's hoping the injury had a lot to do with his drumming that day. 

He and Beachum led the team with 10 penalties each however and Parnell has got to get that number down.

I understand a hold here and there to protect your QB - but cut out the false starts and illegal formation stuff. 

By comparison - Brandon Albert had zero penalties in 12 starts in 2016. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Fluker was so bad, they kicked him inside to OG.

Even at RG,  DJ Fluker was far from an asset as a pass blocker.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2017/3/7/1484...ork-giants

Quote:It wasn't indicative of his overall play on the season nor the prior season however.  Here's hoping the injury had a lot to do with his drumming that day. 
Maybe some, but I think mostly it was just a physical mismatch between one of the biggest RTs in the league vs one of the smaller lightning quick pass rushers. That's why you're seeing a lot more of those types of pass rushers on that side lately.

When Parnell faces a Ford or Beasley or Von type like that again we need to give him some extra help instead of abandoning him on the island by himself all game. 

Quote:Maybe some, but I think mostly it was just a physical mismatch between one of the biggest RTs in the league vs one of the smaller lightning quick pass rushers. That's why you're seeing a lot more of those types of pass rushers on that side lately.

When Parnell faces a Ford or Beasley or Von type like that again we need to give him some extra help instead of abandoning him on the island by himself all game. 

He actually looked better against Von Miller than Dee Ford. But yes - those guys are a mismatch for most right tackles - Parnell included. 

And make another hole on the roster? You guys need to come up with better solutions to fixing the team. Parnell had a down year but was solid his first year, I think the team in general just was bad last year, the whole culture just was bad. Im willing to give him a pass and see what he can bring this season. We have many areas where we need to improve, lets not make another whole at a position. 

Did you even read the first post?  I proposed signing Ricky Wagner and cutting Parnell.  It just broke that Wagner will be signing with the Lions for $9 Million/year.  We could have signed him to that and cut Parnell, and it would only have cost $3 Million more a year.  Also cutting Parnell would have resulted in Zero dead money.  Read the posts for their entirety next time.

Quote:Did you even read the first post?  I proposed signing Ricky Wagner and cutting Parnell.  It just broke that Wagner will be signing with the Lions for $9 Million/year.  We could have signed him to that and cut Parnell, and it would only have cost $3 Million more a year.  Also cutting Parnell would have resulted in Zero dead money.  Read the posts for their entirety next time.
Madden is fun isnt it? Or maybe, the team doesnt think Parnell is as bad as you think he is. 

Quote:He actually looked better against Von Miller than Dee Ford. But yes - those guys are a mismatch for most right tackles - Parnell included.
it was shocking to see how well he played against Miller

Quote:Maybe some, but I think mostly it was just a physical mismatch between one of the biggest RTs in the league vs one of the smaller lightning quick pass rushers. That's why you're seeing a lot more of those types of pass rushers on that side lately.

Completely agreed. They asked Parnell to do something he just cannot do.

I see that more as a game plan fail than a Parnell fail. You have to know what your players can and cannot do.

Quote:Completely agreed. They asked Parnell to do something he just cannot do.

I see that more as a game plan fail than a Parnell fail. You have to know what your players can and cannot do.
that's when the head coach steps in and let's his staff know to help a bit on that side. Good to know Gus is gone

Everyone keeps wanting to keep replacing our linemen. Couldn't it just be the scheme and not finding the right pieces? Didn't we just hire an offensive line coach with a very good pedigree for rushing offense? 

Most of the best teams don't pay through the nose for a lot of their OL. They find ones with the right strengths and weakness to match their system. That has been one of Caldwell's shortcomings the past few years, but with some different philosophies and experience in that decision tree (Coughlin, Flaherty, etc), that can improve.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2017, 07:46 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Lets trade him to the patriots.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags