Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Looking at the rest of the season // Predictions

I predicted the Jags to lose yesterday. I was wrong. They got lucky and stole one.  I'll eat crow..... or Raven.  But they still played like tootsie rolls.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

<p class="" style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(164,164,164);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">From post after last weeks loss

<p class="" style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(164,164,164);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:30 AM

<div style="margin:0px;">Even though possible to win 6 if we stop turnovers, stick to blocking assignments, keep missed tacklesinimum, and make all reasonably makeable field goals and extra points will probably only win max of 4

@Ravens 2-6 Without Smith I believe we win possible but probably not unless our defense steps up and no turnovers
Looks like we won even with mistakes and turnovers

Titans 2-6 win here as the better team possible agree

Chargers 2-6 win. Chargers look horrible possible agree plus the travel across country issue

@Titans 2-6 close but another win possible agree

Colts 4-5 No Luck, we win disagree already lost with no Luck pun intended

Falcons 6-3 closer than u think, but lose agree

Saints 4-5 could win but I see Brees having a field day on our secondary loss

@Texans 3-5 we get our revenge, win possible agree

</div>

LOL@ everyone talking playoffs @3-6

Quote:LOL@ everyone talking playoffs @3-6
Is it possible? Honest question. Is it possible or even realistic that this team can win the division?

I hope your answer is yes. We play Titans, Chargers, Titans in the next 3 weeks.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2015, 10:37 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:LOL@ everyone talking playoffs @3-6

We are one game out of the lead, so why not? When is the last time we played a meaningful game at the end of November?

Do we suck? Yes

Are we lucky we play in AFCS? Yes

Is our dismal play and HC being hidden by the fact we play in a bad division? Yes

Is the future growth of this franchise stunted by the probability that we will keep Gus if we win a horrible division? Yes

Enjoy the ride and the meaningful game because they will likely be gone soon.

Quote:We are one game out of the lead, so why not? When is the last time we played a meaningful game at the end of November?

Do we suck? Yes

Are we lucky we play in AFCS? Yes

Is our dismal play and HC being hidden by the fact we play in a bad division? Yes

Is the future growth of this franchise stunted by the probability that we will keep Gus if we win a horrible division? Yes

Enjoy the ride and the meaningful game because they will likely be gone soon.
Thursday Night win... Long week to prepare for the Chargers. Let's go.

Quote:Thursday Night win... Long week to prepare for the Chargers. Let's go.

We win Thurs, but I don't see any way we beat the Chargers. Despite their record, Phil Rivers is good and finds the open man, and there are a lot of those against our defense. That game will rely solely on being able to answer every TD with a TD to keep it close.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2015, 10:45 AM by StitchJones.)

Quote:Here are predictions for the Jags during the second half of the season. I have us going 7-9.

Baltimore - Win. Jags manage to barely beat Flacco and his team. A-Rob has a big game.

Tennessee - Win. We take a big lead early, and manage to hold on to a win.

San Diego - Loss. Bortles throws 2 INTs in route to a loss after a two game winning streak.

Tennessee - Loss. Mularkey squeezes past the Jags at home.

Indianapolis - Win. Hasselbeck can't manage to do it twice as the team's season falls apart.

Atlanta - Loss. Passing defense is ugly in this game, giving up 350 yards and 3 TDs.

New Orleans - Win. Jags win the trap game. Bortles has 300 yard, 3 TD day.

Houston - Win. Telvin gets two sacks and a pick as the Jags build momentum and win the division.

What are your thoughts on the rest of the season?
Tennessee-win (maybe)

San Diego-loss (it's Rivers after all...)

Tennessee- loss (they've got the home advantage)

Indianapolis-win (lady luck owes us one)

Atlanta-loss (their a much better team. When we can compete with and beat teams like Atlanta, then we'll be 'legit').

New Orleans-loss (again, a much more experienced, upper tier quarterback makes the difference).

Houston-win (maybe)  It's all over with by this point, but Hoyer is playing much better ball right now. We'll see.

If we're lucky, things may bounce our way the second half of the season and we'll reach 6-10.

Quote:We win Thurs, but I don't see any way we beat the Chargers. Despite their record, Phil Rivers is good and finds the open man, and there are a lot of those against our defense. That game will rely solely on being able to answer every TD with a TD to keep it close.
Have you watched them play?

They lost to the Bears at home. Their 2 wins are against the Lions and Browns. We might honestly be favored in that game if we win Thursday. They are decimated by injuries this year. Their Oline is really really bad.

Not saying we are going to win by any means but to say "I don't see any way we beat the Chargers" just seems... well... Stupid.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2015, 10:52 AM by StitchJones.)

Quote:I predicted the Jags to lose yesterday. I was wrong. They got lucky and stole one.  I'll eat crow..... or Raven.  But they still played like tootsie rolls.
The most accurate assessment I've read on here. Congratulations! 

Quote:Have you watched them play?

They lost to the Bears at home. Their 2 wins are against the Lions and Browns. We might honestly be favored in that game if we win Thursday. They are decimated by injuries this year. Their Oline is really really bad.

Not saying we are going to win by any means but to say "I don't see any way we beat the Chargers" just seems... well... Stupid.

Yes, they have been decimated by injuries and are still capable of putting up big numbers as long as side-arm Phil is at the helm. It will take a high scoring game to beat them IMO. 

I hope I am wrong, but they aren't a team you can just look at on paper and mark down as a win.

Quote:Have you watched them play?

Uh... have you ever watched the Jaguars over the past, uh... seven years or so? Then you should know that we can lose to anybody at anytime! To suggest otherwise doesn't just seem stupid... it is!

Quote:Uh... have you ever watched the Jaguars over the past, uh... seven years or so? Then you should know that we can lose to anybody at anytime! To suggest otherwise doesn't just seem stupid... it is!

I know, right? 

Our three wins have unfolded like the following conversation:

Jags: You take it

Opponent: No, you take it

Jags: I don't want it. You take it

Opponent: I'm not taking it

Jags: Me neither

Opponent: Should we tie?

Jags: I don't know

Opponent: I'm still not taking it

Jags: OK, Fine, I'll take it.

Yet, people get this false illusion we are actually a decent team.

I stand by we beat Titans and get huge reality check from Phil the Thrill.

Quote:Uh... have you ever watched the Jaguars over the past, uh... seven years or so? Then you should know that we can lose to anybody at anytime! To suggest otherwise doesn't just seem stupid... it is!
I'm not denying any of the facts you bring up. However saying "I don't see any way we win this game" sounds ridiculous. I can see plenty of ways we win this game.

The Patriots game? Yea... No way we were gonna win that game. But the 2-7 Chargers? At home? You see no way we can win that game?

We should absolutely believe the Chargers game will be a W. They suck. We have a mini-bye. It's at home. They travel across the country. The jags are coming into their own. A win this Thursday and they will have the swagger on Sunday to push them across the finish line victorious.

This team is NOT a dumpster fire. You can change your pic anytime now.

Quote:We should absolutely believe the Chargers game will be a W. They suck. We have a mini-bye. It's at home. They travel across the country. The jags are coming into their own. A win this Thursday and they will have the swagger on Sunday to push them across the finish line victorious.

This team is NOT a dumpster fire. You can change your pic anytime now.

To something original and funny like yours maybe?

If they beat Tenn this week I might become optimistic about  the rest of the season, I just have a bad feeling that they won't only beat us this Thursday, but that it won't even be close. 

Quote:I'm not denying any of the facts you bring up. However saying "I don't see any way we win this game" sounds ridiculous. I can see plenty of ways we win this game.

The Patriots game? Yea... No way we were gonna win that game. But the 2-7 Chargers? At home? You see no way we can win that game?
Well yeah, there's always ways we 'could' win any given game. What I'm say'in is that the probability is that Rivers will dismantle our secondary. I'm sure you're aware of our lack of rush so consequently Rivers will have time to throw... which will lead to our being dismantled... even by a 2-7 team... at Everbank.

Quote:To something original and funny like yours maybe?

Yea

Quote:Here are predictions for the Jags during the second half of the season. I have us going 7-9.

Baltimore - Win. Jags manage to barely beat Flacco and his team. A-Rob has a big game.

Tennessee - Win. We take a big lead early, and manage to hold on to a win.

San Diego - Loss. Bortles throws 2 INTs in route to a loss after a two game winning streak.

Tennessee - Loss. Mularkey squeezes past the Jags at home.

Indianapolis - Win. Hasselbeck can't manage to do it twice as the team's season falls apart.

Atlanta - Loss. Passing defense is ugly in this game, giving up 350 yards and 3 TDs.

New Orleans - Win. Jags win the trap game. Bortles has 300 yard, 3 TD day.

Houston - Win. Telvin gets two sacks and a pick as the Jags build momentum and win the division.

What are your thoughts on the rest of the season?
2/2!

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock