Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can we succeed with Yeldon and Ivory?

Quote:i wish people would stop saying that nonsense.

first of all, that can be said for every position.

secondly.. we have tried getting a RB.. two big time free agents in Toby and Ivory, 2nd round pick in Yeldon, as well as late round picks Denard Robinson and Storm Johnson.

It's clearly not as easy to find a RB as you think it is.

I love this response... It's like saying you can find sharks in the any ocean

DC has failed to find rea talent at the RB position and this has a lot to do with the over-emphasis on his analytics approach 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I love this response... It's like saying you can find sharks in the any ocean

DC has failed to find rea talent at the RB position and this has a lot to do with the over-emphasis on his analytics approach 
Umm, under relying on analytics is why we have bad RB. Yeldon would have been one of the very last players taken by an analytical driven organization.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2017, 02:08 AM by TheAll22.)

Quote:Remember when I said LSU called a hugely inordinate amount of sweeps and tosses to help Fournette get the momentum he needs cause he lacks explosion? 

Also, a lot of college RBs rip off dominant runs when the other team is demoralized like in a 24-7 second half game. The effort level wasn't quite there on that play. 

I don't have a problem with LSU's run scheme for Fournette, I mean it worked right? LSU has all those 5 star recruits that can do some advanced blocking schemes (for a college program) that LSU incorporates. I have confidence that Fournette would do just fine on some of the other traditional runs, draws

I'm not clamoring for him as a top ten pick, but you're kind of overthinking it .. regardless,  it it's a good catch and worth noting

Quote:Umm, under relying on analytics is why we have bad RB. Yeldon would have been one of the very last players taken by an analytical driven organization.

lol, maybe -- but I feel like Dave doesn't watch a single youtube video level of any players in regards to actually watching football. 

Quote:People are insane here! How we can we make excuses for Bortles with the o-line but completely dismiss our running backs? You think Ivory was the leading AFC rusher before he got here for no reason? These guys are being hit the second the ball is in their hands. smh

Bingo.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: I have confidence that Fournette would do just fine on some of the other traditional runs, draws

They did those too. He was virtually NCAA average in yards expected on runs between the tackles. He was also much worse in runs from shotgun (again makes perfect sense with his lack of explosion), which the Jags ran 73% of the time last year. 

If we take Fournette we are either seriously overhauling the offense and forcing Blake to make huge leaps forward while switching to a scheme he has never really used, or we are trying to shoehorn Fournette in to an offense scheme that he has proven to be subpar in. 

Quote:They did those too. He was virtually NCAA average in yards expected on runs between the tackles. He was also much worse in runs from shotgun (again makes perfect sense with his lack of explosion), which the Jags ran 73% of the time last year. 

If we take Fournette we are either seriously overhauling the offense and forcing Blake to make huge leaps forward while switching to a scheme he has never really used, or we are trying to shoehorn Fournette in to an offense scheme that he has proven to be subpar in. 

I don't think he fits the run game we have before you gave me this stat so it really only emphasizes why we can pass on him. 

Fournette is really a lot like Gerhardt who was really exposed albeit different offenses than what the Jags have now