Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is it you like about a particular Presidential candidate?

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2015, 01:15 PM by americus 2.0.)

Nevermind

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trump: Not Politically Correct

Carson: Not a Politician

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

That people like Carson and Trump are even allowed run for president is a huge reflection of your political system.What a joke.

Quote:That people like Carson and Trump are even allowed run for president is a huge reflection of your political system.What a joke.

Nobody should be excluded from elected office due to ideology or being outrageous. That's up to the electorate to say they don't want them.

Marco Rubio - I think that he's a smart man that is well spoken.  I especially like his vision for the future of this country, and how he talks about the American Dream.  He himself was raised in a lower class home, worked hard, earned a degree and became a lawyer; the essence of the American Dream.  He has since risen up to be the political leader that he is today, and contrary to those on the far right is willing to reach across the political aisle to solve problems.

The biggest knock on him is his immigration stance, and I'm one that actually agrees with him on this aspect.  His vision is actually a realistic, common-sense approach.  The whole "build a wall and deport them all" mantra is not realistic and will never happen.

Regarding his vision for economics, he is actually for giving those that need a "hand up" rather than a "hand out" the tools necessary to raise themselves and their families up.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2015, 06:12 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:Trump: Not Politically Correct

Carson: Not a Politician

Trump is quite often simply not correct, politically or otherwise.

As for the candidates, I am waiting for the field to be weeded out before I spend much time evaluating them.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Marco Rubio - I think that he's a smart man that is well spoken.  I especially like his vision for the future of this country, and how he talks about the American Dream.  He himself was raised in a lower class home, worked hard, earned a degree and became a lawyer; the essence of the American Dream.  He has since risen up to be the political leader that he is today, and contrary to those on the far right is willing to reach across the political aisle to solve problems.

The biggest knock on him is his immigration stance, and I'm one that actually agrees with him on this aspect.  His vision is actually a realistic, common-sense approach.  The whole "build a wall and deport them all" mantra is not realistic and will never happen.

Regarding his vision for economics, he is actually for giving those that need a "hand up" rather than a "hand out" the tools necessary to raise themselves and their families up.
His position on H1B visas is going to be an issue as well.  Still, I think he's a skilled enough politician to navigate through that one.  I agree that his immigration positions are common sense, but this is the primary season.  Common sense has to wait.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:His position on H1B visas is going to be an issue as well.  Still, I think he's a skilled enough politician to navigate through that one.  I agree that his immigration positions are common sense, but this is the primary season.  Common sense has to wait.

This is why I'm not paying attention.

Having said that, among the Republicans, Rubio impresses me the most. His mind is quick. His rebuke of Jeb during the last debate was pure genius.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Trump is entertaining, that's really all I care about

I just don't like any of them. For one, there are no Libertarian contenders. And two, I'm just not feeling it with any of them. I think part of my issue is I was completely taken in by Obama, though I will admit I was not really mentally stable enough to decide on such a thing back then. And the decline of this country since he's been in office along with the liar Clinton and other things has turned me off from the process. I literally don't care.

I've always been one to think every person in this country with a legal right to vote should do so because it's our civic duty and too much blood has been shed for the right and privilege. 

I guess I'm hoping to find a reason to care again in your replies. 

Quote:I just don't like any of them. For one, there are no Libertarian contenders. And two, I'm just not feeling it with any of them. I think part of my issue is I was completely taken in by Obama, though I will admit I was not really mentally stable enough to decide on such a thing back then. And the decline of this country since he's been in office along with the liar Clinton and other things has turned me off from the process. I literally don't care.

I've always been one to think every person in this country with a legal right to vote should do so because it's our civic duty and too much blood has been shed for the right and privilege. 

I guess I'm hoping to find a reason to care again in your replies. 

Well, one issue that should concern you is the fact that the next president will have the ability to nominate members to the Supreme Court. There may be a number of them (some are quite elderly.) I know it's not a sexy issue, but it has ramifications for every American and could be felt for generations.

Do some research as to who you think may best fit your views on the law and social justice. Then close your eyes, make a choice and hope for the best.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Well, one is, the issue that should concern you is the fact that the next president will have the ability to nominate members to the Supreme Court. There may be a number of them (some are quite elderly.) I know it's not a sexy issue, but it has ramifications for every American and could be felt for generations.

Do some research as to who you think may best fit your views on the law and social justice. Then close your eyes, make a choice and hope for the best.
Very true statement.

Thanks for the advice. In the past I have been diligent to look at the policies, the 'yays' and 'nays', bills supported or not supported, bills they brought to the table, etc., except during Obama's first campaign. That was just not a good time for me in life as already stated. And now I just can't find a reason to support anyone I am seeing because it seems no matter what, we the people are screwed, so what's the point. I will work on that though, because what you said is very true. It seems the Supreme Court has more impact on the American people than almost anyone else. 

Quote:Trump is quite often simply not correct, politically or otherwise.

About what?

The way Romney is sitting out the mudslinging just Biden his time until the R-money comes begging him to save them from the clown show.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:The way Romney is sitting out the mudslinging just Biden his time until the R-money comes begging him to save them from the clown show.
He didn't want to be POTUS last time. What would be different this time?

Quote:He didn't want to be POTUS last time. What would be different this time?

You're thinking of Jeb. Romney wants it but he wants to be the Savior.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:You're thinking of Jeb. Romney wants it but he wants to be the Savior.
Didn't Romney say after he lost in 2012 that he didn't really want it anyway? I could have sworn I heard that. Unless it was media spin which is entirely possible. 

Quote:Didn't Romney say after he lost in 2012 that he didn't really want it anyway? I could have sworn I heard that. Unless it was media spin which is entirely possible.

His son Tagg said it.

Bernie wants to legalize marijuana he gots my vote!!

Quote:Bernie wants to legalize marijuana he gots my vote!!

Because that's the most important issue? I'm all for legalizing pot but don't you think there's more important issues to consider? Like oh i don't know his economic policy?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]