Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags generated some Romo buzz at the combine

Joe Montanya
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He breaks his wrist during the introductory handshake to Khan.

Does Khan use the handshake as a power play as well?

Quote:great, this what we need another reason for the Bortles haters to criticize him for another quarterback who only went to the playoffs three times and his long career. I guess some of you need to revisit how many times Tony Romo came up short for his team during his career so let's please stop acting like he's the savior for this franchise.

Let's not pretend Romo was some kind of scrub. He was elite for several years and was often the sole reason Dallas got anywhere.

Exactly, they act like Romo is a baby and not tough.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

I'd love to see us finally Break Romo for good. Lord knows our D couldn't do it, but our offensive line is definitely up to the task.

Quote:Exactly, they act like Romo is a baby and not tough.

Toughness is irrelevant when your back is broken.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I generated a buzz last night.

Have you seen my baseball?

Quote:Let's not pretend Romo was some kind of scrub. He was elite for several years and was often the sole reason Dallas got anywhere.

His elite status was debatable, Dallas didn't get anywhere with him that's the funny part. Most Importantly, he is not Elite today and his best years are far behind him. 

Quote:His elite status was debatable, Dallas didn't get anywhere with him that's the funny part. Most Importantly, he is not Elite today and his best years are far behind him.

I think you can point to 4 or 5 years where Tony was #elite. I don't think his ability is a ? at the moment seeing as how we havn't really seen him play much, its just the injuries that are the issue, albeit a huge once

Quote:Its not gonna happen but i wish it did

So sign an injury prone quarterback who even if he doesn't go down maybe has two years left in the tank? Remember last time we swung for the fences in 1999? 2008? No thanks.

I maintain that Romo would be an ideal fit here. Blake would be given the ultimate training by learning behind Troy, and when Troy goes down with his various injuries, we'll get see just how well Blake in advancing. It's would create a perfect situation where we have one of the best arms in the game in the meantime with a potentially blockbuster qb emerging down the road. It also helps that Blake is a qb very much in the mold of Romo with his ability to run around and make plays.

'02

Quote:So sign an injury prone quarterback who even if he doesn't go down maybe has two years left in the tank? Remember last time we swung for the fences in 1999? 2008? No thanks.
If he doesnt go down we win games and probably have a positive record for the first time in forever.

Quote:If he doesnt go down we win games and probably have a positive record for the first time in forever.

Bingo. Which he wont. He is not soft.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Yeah there's a pretty good chance he would get hurt, but 100 passing attempts with Romo and 500 passing attempts with Blake would help our team a lot more than 600 passing attempts from Blake.

Quote:Bingo. Which he wont. He is not soft.

And you'll be trading two winning years for mortgaging your future. No thanks

What will happen if we sign Romo

-Romo stays healthy and plays like the franchise QB he is leading us to the playoffs.

- Bortles ups his game so much they have no choice to play him over Romo

- Romo starts but gets injured so Bortles starts instead and plays well

- Bortles starts , gets injured or is so bad than he has to be benched, Romo comes in and plays instead of him.

- Romo gets injured, Bortles comes in and stinks the same as last year.

I don't see any negative to signing Romo. Either he plays well and we win or he sucks/gets injured and we have to play Bortles anyway.

Quote:What will happen if we sign Romo

-Romo stays healthy and plays like the franchise QB he is leading us to the playoffs.

- Bortles ups his game so much they have no choice to play him over Romo

- Romo starts but gets injured so Bortles starts instead and plays well

- Bortles starts , gets injured or is so bad than he has to be benched, Romo comes in and plays instead of him.

- Romo gets injured, Bortles comes in and stinks the same as last year.

I don't see any negative to signing Romo. Either he plays well and we win or he sucks/gets injured and we have to play Bortles anyway.

I think you're overestimating Romos ability to take a team to the next level.

Quote:I think you're overestimating Romos ability to take a team to the next level.

I think a top 10 QB on this team with a bit more of a run game would have us in the playoffs. Also should get a bump from Bradley leaving.

Quote:Bingo. Which he wont. He is not soft.

His injury history shows that his will isn't but his back is made of rubber bands and duct tape.

Quote:I think a top 10 QB on this team with a bit more of a run game would have us in the playoffs. Also should get a bump from Bradley leaving.

I agree but I don't think Romo would be that guy.

2016 - injured

2015 - through 4 games had 5 TDs and 8 turnovers.

2014 - they had a winning record. Also had the best running game in football and the defense was among tops in the league at forcing turnovers.

2013 & 2012 - played most if not all of the games in these years. He put up good stats but the team was 8 -8

Now I'm not faulting him for being injured but at 37 with history of back injuries and some throwing arm & shoulder injuries sprinkled in he's not a player I'd gamble on.