Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags generated some Romo buzz at the combine

Quote:I think a top 10 QB on this team with a bit more of a run game would have us in the playoffs. Also should get a bump from Bradley leaving.

How can anyone assume a guy who was barely top ten, if that, is going to be the same player after not playing for a solid two years because of serious back injuries?

Signing Romo would be flat-out stupid for this team.  Romo is the kind of player that a team that feels they are a QB from competing for a championship, goes out and gets.  

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So you're saying we're gonna suck again...great.

Have you seen my baseball?

There's a large gap between competing for a championship and sucking.

Where do we fall within that gap?

Quote:Where do we fall within that gap?

I'll let you know in January.

buzz, buzz

[Image: 6ef6bf81e3743c69fae2f3a16d18f255.jpg]

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Romo either...I think he's too prone to injury, and like you said, he hasn't hardly played in two full seasons.

BUT, what if we miss the post season by 1 game?  Should we have signed him?  I don't know the right answer.

What if the tinhorns sign him and they win the superbowl.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

What if they sign him and he gets hurt the first game?

What if he doesn't get hurt, but he sucks because he hasn't played in two years?

This is fun.

Keep Buzzin<sup>TM</sup>

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Keep Buzzin<sup>TM</sup>

Sounds like a tagline for a very cheap beer.

Don't get the hype. Dude is just not that good, even when he was healthy. Hell, in the four games he did play in 2015 he had only 5 touchdowns to 7 picks. Of course one game in 2016. Stick a fork in him, he is done.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:How can anyone assume a guy who was barely top ten, if that, is going to be the same player after not playing for a solid two years because of serious back injuries?

Signing Romo would be flat-out stupid for this team. Romo is the kind of player that a team that feels they are a QB from competing for a championship, goes out and gets.

Well that's the point. If he isn't the same player Bortles will either beat him out and start anyway or Romo will be injured quickly and Bortles will play. If not we have a guy who was easily a top 10 QB his few years before injury. The only thing we stand to lose is money, which we have an abundance of.

Quote:What if they sign him and he gets hurt the first game?

Then Bortles plays , same as if we never signed Romo.

Quote:I agree but I don't think Romo would be that guy.

2016 - injured

2015 - through 4 games had 5 TDs and 8 turnovers.

2014 - they had a winning record. Also had the best running game in football and the defense was among tops in the league at forcing turnovers.

2013 & 2012 - played most if not all of the games in these years. He put up good stats but the team was 8 -8

Now I'm not faulting him for being injured but at 37 with history of back injuries and some throwing arm & shoulder injuries sprinkled in he's not a player I'd gamble on.

Look Romo is obviously a huge ? mark at this point. Not arguing that , my argument is that we lose nothing by signing him other than money. Where as we stand to gain a lot for a year or two if things go well.

Quote:There's a large gap between competing for a championship and sucking.

Quote:Where do we fall within that gap?

We're not in that gap.  We're actually part of the bar.

Quote:I agree but I don't think Romo would be that guy.

2016 - injured

2015 - through 4 games had 5 TDs and 8 turnovers.

2014 - they had a winning record. Also had the best running game in football and the defense was among tops in the league at forcing turnovers.

2013 & 2012 - played most if not all of the games in these years. He put up good stats but the team was 8 -8

Now I'm not faulting him for being injured but at 37 with history of back injuries and some throwing arm & shoulder injuries sprinkled in he's not a player I'd gamble on.

Yes, but with Henne mentoring Romo those numbers go up !!  Just look at what Henne has been able to do with Bortles.  Don't underestimate the value of having Henne in that locker room and on the sidelines.

Quote:Well that's the point. If he isn't the same player Bortles will either beat him out and start anyway or Romo will be injured quickly and Bortles will play. If not we have a guy who was easily a top 10 QB his few years before injury. The only thing we stand to lose is money, which we have an abundance of.

It's [BLEEP] to spend that kind of money using those parameters.