Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags generated some Romo buzz at the combine

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2017, 11:08 AM by RicoTx.)

Quote:Then Bortles plays , same as if we never signed Romo.

a. that wasn't directed at you.

b. that wasn't even directed at a Bortles question

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

You do not pay starter QB money to someone who might not be a starter any more.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:It's [BLEEP] to spend that kind of money using those parameters.

Why? Its not like we're going to use all our cap space this year.

Quote:a. that wasn't directed at you.

b. that wasn't even directed at a Bortles question

Sorry hand slipped, was rubbing one out to old Romo highlights.

Quote:You do not pay starter QB money to someone who might not be a starter any more.

Bingo.  

It's pretty simple.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Why? Its not like we're going to use all our cap space this year.

Then we roll over that money and spend it next year. Just because we have The money to spend, doesn't mean we should just because. Roll it over and use it to re-sign players or sign other free agents. Let's stay as far from salary cap hell as we can for as long as we can.

Quote:Then we roll over that money and spend it next year. Just because we have The money to spend, doesn't mean we should just because. Roll it over and use it to re-sign players or sign other free agents. Let's stay as far from salary cap hell as we can for as long as we can.

Signing Romo for two years won't put as anywhere near salary cap hell. Especially with the way we do contracts these days.

Quote:Signing Romo for two years won't put as anywhere near salary cap hell. Especially with the way we do contracts these days.

I'm not saying he alone will, but we've got players to re-sign and hopefully at some point we find a franchise qb. That'll be a lot of money and that's not counting any other free agents. It just doesn't make sense when the best possible likely outcome is he plays enough games to put us in playoff contention.

Quote:I'm not saying he alone will, but we've got players to re-sign and hopefully at some point we find a franchise qb. That'll be a lot of money and that's not counting any other free agents. It just doesn't make sense when the best possible likely outcome is he plays enough games to put us in playoff contention.
we wont have players to re sign if we continue to be at the bottom of the league.

Quote:You do not pay starter QB money to someone who might not be a starter any more.

Well this throws DC's philosophy completely out the window

[Image: 1669cg.jpg]

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:we wont have players to re sign if we continue to be at the bottom of the league.

Khan's secret profit plan

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I'm not saying he alone will, but we've got players to re-sign and hopefully at some point we find a franchise qb. That'll be a lot of money and that's not counting any other free agents. It just doesn't make sense when the best possible likely outcome is he plays enough games to put us in playoff contention.
With the way the cap is these days we should be perfectly fine even if we did sign Romo in that scenario. I'd say theres around a 5% chance we actually sign him so at the end of the day I'm not too bothered about it. Just an interesting option thats out there for Tom/Dave

more like a slight hum

If we can get Romo at a decent price, I think it would be worth it if for no other reason than he would teach Bortles, and we've already seen with Dak Prescott that having a guy like Romo to lean on can be significant. If he starts, great because we will probably win more games, if he doesn't then at least we've got Bortles with Romo teaching him on the side.

This all, of course, banks on "a decent price". I'm not an expert so I don't know what that would be, but I definately echo others thoughts in this thread that overspending for him is not a wise decision.

I can tell you the major benefactor of Romo coming here and it ain't the fans. Southeast Orthopedic Institute would make a fortune off his busted up [BLEEP].

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-tony-romo

This is all you need to know

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/tony-romo-player-injuries