Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If You Could Spend One Month in Another City

If you could spend one month in another city anywhere in the world, which city would you choose?  

Assume you don't have to work, and could rent an apartment anywhere in the world to spend one month just living there. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hong Kong or Singapore.

Wham bam, Amsterdam.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

If I'm allowed to travel regionally, Bangkok. If I'm locked into one city, Amsterdam.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Queenstown New Zealand.  I went there fora day and it wasn't enough.  Second play is Rome, but a month isn't enough.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:Hong Kong or Singapore.

I've been to both several times and enjoyed my time there thoroughly. Granted, that was 25 years ago when Hong Kong was still under British rule and Singapore hadn't grown to the density it is today.

Anchorage..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Paris.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:Hong Kong or Singapore.

I'd have thought you'd pick Seoul.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2017, 02:01 PM by JackCity.)

Valencia, went on a few Spanish exchanges to there in school and loved it.

Great women, cheap drink, legal weed, nice beaches and an easy life style.

No pasa nada!

May sound boring to some, but put me in a high-rise in the Chicago Loop all day long.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I'd have thought you'd pick Seoul.
Seoul would probably be in the Top 5 but from what I've seen and heard Hong Kong and Singapore are a lot more culturally diverse. Plus, the fact both cities have English as their main language helps. 

Lucerne, Switzerland.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

On a whim, I would go with Brisbane Australia.

Not to derail the thread (because it is awesome) ... Pick a city anywhere in the world to live out life, forever. Oh, and add a link via Google Earth (can that even be done?).

I would have to do a few days of research to make that bold of a decission ... I'm going to start dwindling down my list by scratching off Aleppo as a possibility.

Quote:On a whim, I would go with Brisbane Australia.

Not to derail the thread (because it is awesome) ... Pick a city anywhere in the world to live out life, forever. Oh, and add a link via Google Earth (can that even be done?).

I would have to do a few days of research to make that bold of a decission ... I'm going to start dwindling down my list by scratching off Aleppo as a possibility.
Forever? Man that's tough. I haven't traveled outside the US or Canada to really give a good answer for that one.

On a whim I'd say Seattle. Big city and mountains plus some cool weather
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Anchorage..
Meet you there? Pretty much anywhere in Alaska. Or somewhere in Nova Scotia.

Barcelona

Wyoming
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I don't like cities. Too many people. Send me to Bora Bora for a month and I'd be in heaven. 

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2017, 06:15 PM by JagsFanJay.)

Quote:Wyoming

Not a city.  :no: