Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Two 30+ point games in a season.

We generally have one 30+ point games a year, with the exception of last season.

We have 2 so far this year.

The last time we had a season with multiple 30+ point games was 2010. We had 5. And we also finished 8-8.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I have to say, this has been nice.  My complaint with the Jags for so many years was their complete inability to score points.  It was nice to see them score over 30 again. 

Quote:I have to say, this has been nice. My complaint with the Jags for so many years was their complete inability to score points. It was nice to see them score over 30 again.

Somehow, even a loss feels better when we score 30. Even though that means the defense is getting torched. Just something about putting up points
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

A long way from Gabbert years

Quote:A long way from Gabbert years

I had a couple bad flashbacks during that stretch of 3 and outs yesterday though
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I had a couple bad flashbacks during that stretch of 3 and outs yesterday though

Despite all that, they still scored 30!!! How about that?!?!

I blame Olsen.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

2 defensive TDs on consecutive plays helps a whole lot. The offense has to figure out how to play better in the 2nd half of games.

Quote:2 defensive TDs on consecutive plays helps a whole lot. The offense has to figure out how to play better in the 2nd half of games.
True.  I tuned in late in the second Q and when I first saw the score, I thought Bortles had a coming out party.  And then I realized it was rushing and defense that had gotten us there.  

The offense is only going to get better with experience. Get used to it.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

I can't be the only one that thinks Bortles is the real deal. Sure he's off to a slow start, but he has flashes of brilliance and a good play making ability. His decision making has improved in the off-season, if he makes more improvement throughout this year and going into next he'll be a top 10 QB.

Quote:We generally have one 30+ point games a year, with the exception of last season.

We have 2 so far this year.

The last time we had a season with multiple 30+ point games was 2010. We had 5. And we also finished 8-8.

Seems to be a growing trend among all the NFL teams due to all the new rules protecting QBs and receivers.. they rigged the game to give offense an advantage over Defense...

hard to be a great shutout type defense in the NFL.. .that is why so many liked Seattle & had hoped to see that here in Jacksonville for the last few years!