Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is the most shockingly drafted Jaguar player?

Matt Jones, came to my mind the other day.I totally forgot this guy was drafted in the FIRST round of the draft! Which is crazy in itself.. Draft a QB to play Wr in the first round!Smh... Anyway it led me to ask, who is the most shockingly drafted Jaguar player?

It's some good ones out here.. take your time...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tysons alualu
[Image: giphy.gif]

Drafting Gabbert changed me

I still throw my hat at the TV every time I think about drafting Bryan F Anger in the 3rd round.

Definitely Alualu or Anger.

Quote:Tysons alualu

Lol yeah he is up there! It's like the Jags were running out of time and at the last second someone said Alualu.. And he became our pick.. lol

Alu

Quote:Matt Jones, came to my mind the other day.I totally forgot this guy was drafted in the FIRST round of the draft! Which is crazy in itself.. Draft a QB to play Wr in the first round!Smh... Anyway it led me to ask, who is the most shockingly drafted Jaguar player?

It's some good ones out here.. take your time...

Philly offered a trade with the Jags so they could pick Matt Jones, and he was mentioned as a first round pick in several articles that year. That pick was not as shocking as the Alualu pick.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Alualu, he's been a solid rotational player with a better career than Blackmon and Gabbert but he should never have been a top 10 pick.

Bortles, shocked me I thought mack or Watkins was a lock

Agree with the OP, one fabulous 40-time and Matt Jones rises into the first-round at a position he's never played.

I've only shouted at the TV twice for the Jag's first round pick. And I have watched all of them live since 1996. The first time I shouted was when we drafted Gabbert; I was mad. Any guy who closes out his senior year bowl game by throwing a pick six is a loser. Absolutely no moxie on his game tape. The second time I shouted was drafting Bottles. I was ecstatic. And Bottles met my expectations the first two years. Don't know what happened last year.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Alualu for me. Especially with Thomas on the board and a big need.

Honestly though, I was relieved about the pick at the time because it wasn't Tebow.

Probably getting Myles Jack in round two. That was really shocking.

'02

Quote:Probably getting Myles Jack in round two. That was really shocking.
on a positive side I agree

Quote:Philly offered a trade with the Jags so they could pick Matt Jones, and he was mentioned as a first round pick in several articles that year. That pick was not as shocking as the Alualu pick.

I don't know about that.. It was a shocker he went in the first as I remember..

Derrick Harvey actually. I remember thinking he was a slouch bum loser even a year before we drafted him.

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Its Matt Jones and it isnt even close.

Quote:Derrick Harvey actually. I remember thinking he was a slouch bum loser even a year before we drafted him.

Damn!

Ace Sanders with a fourth rounder?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."