Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is the most shockingly drafted Jaguar player?

Surprised Eben Britton, or Quentin Groves names haven't been mention... In those year they was drafted we selected guys a round before them at the same position.. Smh poor Gene, he must thought one these fellas gonna be it! Lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Alualu and Anger are easily the most shocking Jags picks of all time. Bortles is close behind since no one expected him to be the first QB off the board.

AlooAloo. And bortles kinda too.

KYJaggy would've drafted Matt Jones in the top 5 with the kind of combine he had. Imagine his SPARQ scores
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I would agree taking Alualu. But didn't we trade up to pick him? I think that was the part that was shocking........ But also Hanger Anger
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2017, 12:03 PM by Caldrac.)

Quote:KYJaggy would've drafted Matt Jones in the top 5 with the kind of combine he had. Imagine his SPARQ scores

It was a stupid move when you consider that multiple reports questioned his desire and heart for football. And it was even more aggravating that year because if they wanted a big, physical and fast receiver they could have drafted Vincent Jackson instead who was already a receiver comfortable at this position. Not a project player.

12 years later we can clearly see that would have been the better decision at the time. Jackson had 20 pounds on Jones and ran a 4.4 Vs. Jones's 4.3. Not a huge difference. And, again, a natural receiver coming out of college. 4.4 speed is considered elite. Guys like Julio Jones & Odell Beckham Jr. run that. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2017, 12:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:KYJaggy would've drafted Matt Jones in the top 5 with the kind of combine he had. Imagine his SPARQ scores
It actually would of been a good pick if you was a hard worker and wasnt on dope.  He could of been a hell of a WR.  He showed flashes of what could have been

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2017, 12:20 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Alualu

[Image: Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif]

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:It actually would of been a good pick if you was a hard worker and wasnt on dope. He could of been a hell of a WR. He showed flashes of what could have been
Would of? I don't understand.

The point is - there is a whole lot more to a player than just athleticism. You have to study his tape, find out if he has a passion for the game, etc.

does he have good vision or "football smarts"? Running fast in a straight line or jumping straight up is fine but some people here put way too much stock into it.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Anger by far

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:It actually would of been a good pick if you was a hard worker and wasnt on dope. He could of been a hell of a WR. He showed flashes of what could have been

You think he was a good draft pick to go in the first round???? Really?

Punter. Drops mic
A good loser is a good loser

James Stewart.

Because of where he was drafted, Tyson Alualu. He was a decent player and I feel bad he got a lot of heat from the fans, but yes, he was way overdrafted. I remember clear as day in 2010 when he was drafted. He was graded a late first early second and we took him in the top 10. I remember the entire bar screaming out who? And lots of rumblings and complaining. 

That for me was the moment I stopped taking Gene Smith seriously. 

Derrick Harvey - I had him graded below Groves with an earl round 2 grade and I felt like we could have had him if we stayed put

Quote:I would agree taking Alualu. But didn't we trade up to pick him? I think that was the part that was shocking........ But also Hanger Anger
We didn't trade for the Alualu pick. 

Quote:Derrick Harvey - I had him graded below Groves with an earl round 2 grade and I felt like we could have had him if we stayed put

And we traded up for both Harvey AND Groves.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

All of them

I was pretty shocked Fowler was drafted, especially with Leonard Williams sitting there.

People keep saying Alualu but Alualu is still with the team and some of the more accepted picks have been out of the league for years. This amuses me.