Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So fair to say Bortles is the best QB in AFC South right now?

Quote:He was throwing it up for Arob. Which he did multiple times. Most of the time it worked. This time Arob was knocked to the ground. Not too much insanity going on in my opinion.
He didn't even look dude.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He didn't even look dude.
Was PI which refs made up for on winning drive

Quote:He was throwing it up for Arob. Which he did multiple times. Most of the time it worked. This time Arob was knocked to the ground. Not too much insanity going on in my opinion.

I definitely thought Robinson got held and at the very least illegal contact.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:He didn't even look dude.

I'm ok with that. He should know where he is without looking anyways.

Quote:I'm ok with that. He should know where he is without looking anyways.

I don't get it. We complain if he 'stares down reveivers' now we're going to complain because he threw it where he thought the receiver was supposed to be. You just can't win with some people.

While the arrow is pointing up, I don't want to get too comfortable with BB5. He still has A LOT of work to do. 

I did notice the hitch he has in his swing yesterday so hopefully he can fix that in the off season.

Naw, it was pretty insane...  The safety was waiting for the ball...  As a QB you gotta know where the safety is and then decide if you should risk the throw...  

Quote:I don't get it. We complain if he 'stares down reveivers' now we're going to complain because he threw it where he thought the receiver was supposed to be. You just can't win with some people.
Staring down receivers and then just turning and throwing without atleast looking are completely different things here.

Even if ARob was there, he was double covered. A jump ball to ARob one on one is totally fine. But one where he is double covered might not be the best throw, especially when you're not looking.

You think that was a good throw?

Quote:Staring down receivers and then just turning and throwing without atleast looking are completely different things here.

Even if ARob was there, he was double covered. A jump ball to ARob one on one is totally fine. But one where he is double covered might not be the best throw, especially when you're not looking.

You think that was a good throw?

It's pretty hard to say with Robinson laying on the ground.

Quote:I don't get it. We complain if he 'stares down reveivers' now we're going to complain because he threw it where he thought the receiver was supposed to be. You just can't win with some people.

I don't know man, you should at least know where the safety is...  He threw that one up for grabs, it was a crazy decision.  It should have been PI, but it was still a crazy decision...

I'm probably a top 10 BB5 apologist, but even I can see that it was a risk to throw that ball, at the very least.

Quote:If he can just get rid of the pick 6s...

This. Completely...

I think we all know he's going to throw pics. He's confident in his arm and ability to squeeze the ball into a tight window. That's why we took him at #3. But, his picks can't just hand the other team six points, either.

Quote:I don't know man, you should at least know where the safety is...  He threw that one up for grabs, it was a crazy decision.  It should have been PI, but it was still a crazy decision...

I'm probably a top 10 BB5 apologist, but even I can see that it was a risk to throw that ball, at the very least.

And I'm just saying in might not have looked as crazy if Robinson wasn't on the ground.  We'll never know.

Quote:It's pretty hard to say with Robinson laying on the ground.
No, it's actually very easy to say. The safety was sitting there just waiting for Blake to throw it. Of course Blake didn't see this because he just turned and threw it up for grabs with 2 defenders there.

I'm all for jump balls with ARob in one on one situations. That throw was really bad and one of his worst pick 6's.

Quote:No, it's actually very easy to say. The safety was sitting there just waiting for Blake to throw it. Of course Blake didn't see this because he just turned and threw it up for grabs with 2 defenders there.

I'm all for jump balls with ARob in one on one situations. That throw was really bad and one of his worst pick 6's.

It's all opinion, but I don't think he did throw it into double coverage.  I think Robinson is one-on-one with the safety if the CB hadn't pulled him down.  I may change my mind when I see the replay.  Did I think it was his smartest play?  No.  But I also don't think it was as bad as you are making it out to be.

Quote:It's all opinion, but I don't think he did throw it into double coverage.  I think Robinson is one-on-one with the safety if the CB hadn't pulled him down.  I may change my mind when I see the replay.  Did I think it was his smartest play?  No.  But I also don't think it was as bad as you are making it out to be.
It went for 6 the other way... no sure how it can be anything else.

Go to ESPN and watch the play. Yes, ARob gets thrown down but the safety was sitting right there and the CB was right on him.

Bortles is not at fault for 3 of his interceptions this season. 2 of them being Pick 6's. If Bortles improves his vision of the field, Gets better chemistry with his receivers, and gets a little bit of luck. Watch out. He could QB sneak into the pro bowl. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:It went for 6 the other way... no sure how it can be anything else.

Go to ESPN and watch the play. Yes, ARob gets thrown down but the safety was sitting right there and the CB was right on him.

The CB threw him down because he was going to go by him.  But all you can see is the pick-6.  That's fine.

Quote:The CB threw him down because he was going to go by him.  But all you can see is the pick-6.  That's fine.
Isn't the pick 6 all that matters?

It was a bad throw and a bad decision. Pretty easy to see. Go watch it.

Quote:Isn't the pick 6 all that matters?

It was a bad throw and a bad decision. Pretty easy to see. Go watch it.

Context matters if you are discussing Bortles' decision making and overall ability of what hes done. If you take it black and white, Then you are just failing yourself and making yourself look really dumb. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 09:49 AM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:Context matters if you are discussing Bortles' decision making and overall ability of what hes done. If you take it black and white, Then you are just failing yourself and making yourself look really dumb. 
So the throw was a good decision?

It was a bad decision, a bad throw and a horrible result.

He made a lot of good throws and decisions yesterday but that one, was bad on both accounts.

We won the game though so thats really all that matters.