Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacksonville Jaguars Report Cards at the Bye Week

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 08:38 PM by leopold332002.)

Quarterback: (B+) I have a true love, hate relationship with our franchise qb Blake Bortles and at the end of the day i'm glad we drafted him. He at times make bonehead decisions and his accuracy disappears during stretches of the game. However, his playmaking ability is fantastic and would take him over Carr, Bridgewater, Winston, Mariotta, and Wilson because of that ability alone which is going to make him elite one day. They always say a good or great qb makes his teammates better and that's exactly true with bortles because we all know this receiving corp wouldn't look this great if they was running routes for Chad Henne.

Running Backs: (B-) Yeldon when its all said and done is going to be in the Jaguars pantheon of running backs like Fred Taylor and MJD. He's also learning the nuisances of the NFL and the speed that comes with it but he has shown me enough to expect greatness from him very soon. Denard Robinson has been hurt so i can't say much about him and Toby has to go.

Wide Receivers: (A-) I think this is the best group of the whole team and is more productive than almost every wr group in Jags history besides Thunder and Lighting. Allen Hurn's you're my second favorite player on this team and so glad that at the time Jedd Fisch was our offensive coordinator because i believe he wouldn't been considered by this team without him. Allen Robinson you're a beast and how in the hell Caldwell picked lee before you but as a fan you make me proud of your progress as a #1 receiver. Brian Walters you're our Wes Welker and Julian Edelman so do us a favor and continue to catch balls that are thrown your way because you're now a vital piece to our offense as well.

Tight Ends: (C-) Julius Thomas you're a player maker for this team and it's only a matter of time before you and Bortles get on the same page so your talent as one of the best tight ends in the NFL will be notices and appreciated by this fan base. Mercedes Lewis you stink and is counting down the days when you're no longer being apart of this organization. In the case of Clay Harbor  he is playing his role to the best of his abilities and as a fan that's all i can ask for him

Offensive line: (C+)  All i can say about this group that you're improved from last year which isn't saying much and by next year this will be a good group overall. Zane Beadles join Mercedes Lewis on your way out as well and i hope you enjoyed your vacation while playing here in North Florida. Luke Joeckel keep improving your craft and love the Parnell signing by the game because he's our best right tackle since Leon Searcy. 

Defensive Line: (D+) My God i can pass rush better than most of these fools and how some of them still collecting a paycheck is beyond me. I can't wait until Fowler gets healthy so we can see what he can do and i sincerely hope Caldwell attack this group in Free Agency in order for this team to take the next step as a defense.

Linebackers  (B) Telvin Smith is a monster and will be a probowler for this team when his career is all said and done. This guy is all over the field and has a nose for the football like a bloodhound dog. Poz you been great for our franchise and is thank for your contribution to this team. Dan Skuta you're worth the money they're paying you so please continue to do big things for this team.

Secondary (C-) I constantly wonder if this defensive line was better would the secondary be much more of a bright spot. Colvin, I think you're overrated and still don't understand why you and others are starting over Mccray. However, they're moments when you as a cornerback had made big plays so all isn't lost with you. Cyprien, is our new Reggie Nelson and for that we as a fan base have to tolerate you. I just wish you as a strong safety would make more plays but maybe this is the best you can do as a player. The coaching staff benching house for gratz is an idiotic move but we'll see down the line who is right or wrong with that decision.

Coaching (D) Gus Bradley you're a nice man and a great inspirational speaker but your coaching decisions is something out of coaches for dummies handbook. Despite your limitations Gus we have to tolerate you too but who's complaining as long as everybody get free ice cream right and that's including you Shad Khan. Greg Olson, i was so against you as being hired as an offensive coordinator but Bortles development is night and day better from last year and i truly believe your tutelage as an offensive mind is big part of it. Bob Babich just like Mercedes, Toby, and Beadles you got to go and don't forget to bring your playbook.

GM: (A) Bortles, Allen Robinson, Hurns, Cann, Telvin, Linder, Walters, Marks, Thomas, Skuta, and Parnell. It's clear that you can draft well and recognize talent unlike our previous GM so i hope you're around for a long time. Good Job.         

[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Should be secondary a) CBs who are doing well like a B or B+ but b) safeties who get a big fat F.

Quote:Should be secondary a) CBs who are doing well like a B or B+ but B) safeties who get a big fat F.
I agree but i lump then together as a whole 

QB I'd give a solid B.

RB with current blocking I'm giving them an INC.  By them I mean Yeldon because nobody else matters.

WRs - A+ the bright spot of a dim season

TE - I agree on C-

OL - C

DL - D-

LB - this needs two grades.  Telvin Smith - B+ the guy has been all over the place.  He still makes mistakes and he has a lot of room for improvement but he's the best LB on the field and it showed today.  Everyone else - C-

CB - Colvin/House - B...everyone else C-

S - F

Special Teams - D- and that might be generous

Coaching - F

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2015, 06:26 AM by leopold332002.)

Quote:Quarterback: (B+) I have a true love, hate relationship with our franchise qb Blake Bortles and at the end of the day i'm glad we drafted him. He at times make bonehead decisions and his accuracy disappears during stretches of the game. However, his playmaking ability is fantastic and would take him over Carr, Bridgewater, Winston, Mariotta, and Wilson because of that ability alone which is going to make him elite one day. They always say a good or great qb makes his teammates better and that's exactly true with bortles because we all know this receiving corp wouldn't look this great if they was running routes for Chad Henne.

Running Backs: (B-) Yeldon when its all said and done is going to be in the Jaguars pantheon of running backs like Fred Taylor and MJD. He's also learning the nuisances of the NFL and the speed that comes with it but he has shown me enough to expect greatness from him very soon. Denard Robinson has been hurt so i can't say much about him and Toby has to go.

Wide Receivers: (A-) I think this is the best group of the whole team and is more productive than almost every wr group in Jags history besides Thunder and Lighting. Allen Hurn's you're my second favorite player on this team and so glad that at the time Jedd Fisch was our offensive coordinator because i believe he wouldn't been considered by this team without him. Allen Robinson you're a beast and how in the hell Caldwell picked lee before you but as a fan you make me proud of your progress as a #1 receiver. Brian Walters you're our Wes Welker and Julian Edelman so do us a favor and continue to catch balls that are thrown your way because you're now a vital piece to our offense as well.

Tight Ends: (C-) Julius Thomas you're a player maker for this team and it's only a matter of time before you and Bortles get on the same page so your talent as one of the best tight ends in the NFL will be notices and appreciated by this fan base. Mercedes Lewis you stink and is counting down the days when you're no longer being apart of this organization. In the case of Clay Harbor  he is playing his role to the best of his abilities and as a fan that's all i can ask for him

Offensive line: (C+)  All i can say about this group that you're improved from last year which isn't saying much and by next year this will be a good group overall. Zane Beadles join Mercedes Lewis on your way out as well and i hope you enjoyed your vacation while playing here in North Florida. Luke Joeckel keep improving your craft and love the Parnell signing by the game because he's our best right tackle since Leon Searcy. 

Defensive Line: (D+) My God i can pass rush better than most of these fools and how some of them still collecting a paycheck is beyond me. I can't wait until Fowler gets healthy so we can see what he can do and i sincerely hope Caldwell attack this group in Free Agency in order for this team to take the next step as a defense.

Linebackers  ( B) Telvin Smith is a monster and will be a probowler for this team when his career is all said and done. This guy is all over the field and has a nose for the football like a bloodhound dog. Poz you been great for our franchise and is thank for your contribution to this team. Dan Skuta you're worth the money they're paying you so please continue to do big things for this team.

Secondary (C-) I constantly wonder if this defensive line was better would the secondary be much more of a bright spot. Colvin, I think you're overrated and still don't understand why you and others are starting over Mccray. However, they're moments when you as a cornerback had made big plays so all isn't lost with you. Cyprien, is our new Reggie Nelson and for that we as a fan base have to tolerate you. I just wish you as a strong safety would make more plays but maybe this is the best you can do as a player. The coaching staff benching house for gratz is an idiotic move but we'll see down the line who is right or wrong with that decision.

Coaching (D) Gus Bradley you're a nice man and a great inspirational speaker but your coaching decisions is something out of coaches for dummies handbook. Despite your limitations Gus we have to tolerate you too but who's complaining as long as everybody get free ice cream right and that's including you Shad Khan. Greg Olson, i was so against you as being hired as an offensive coordinator but Bortles development is night and day better from last year and i truly believe your tutelage as an offensive mind is big part of it. Bob Babich just like Mercedes, Toby, and Beadles you got to go and don't forget to bring your playbook.

GM: (A) Bortles, Allen Robinson, Hurns, Cann, Telvin, Linder, Walters, Marks, Thomas, Skuta, and Parnell. It's clear that you can draft well and recognize talent unlike our previous GM so i hope you're around for a long time. Good Job.         
My linebacker grade as a group is an B. but for whatever reason it wont let me correct it. 

Quote:Secondary (C-) I constantly wonder if this defensive line was better would the secondary be much more of a bright spot.
IMO...yes

Tldr but sure we will go with that.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 10:36 PM by MalabarJag.)

Quote:My linebacker grade as a group is an B but for whatever reason it wont let me correct it. 

Put a period between the B and the ).

B.)

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

E. Manuel got thrown off by the zone (not sure how) but they seemed to correct it especially in the 2nd half while the Jaguars never make adjustments in the 2nd half of any game under HC Gus Bradley..

simply calling the same run play all four times with Slowby is worthy of a F for Coaching by itself...

Colvin did great on almost getting a sack and causing a fumble... did great towards the end of the game breaking up the pass but the DBs still havent had an INT and allow to many comp. passes....

I wouldnt give the DBs anything higher than a C after that performance... LBs only ones with INTs all year!  2 for Poz he's a beast!  Telvin Smith had a fantastic game too bad he dropped that one INT thrown to his chest wouldve been an even higher lead to start the game.. Skuta messed up a lot otherwise LB core would be A++++ but due to Skuta constant mistakes I would only say B+.... maybe A due to Poz & Telvin both getting an INT (telvin's pick 6 yeah I'll say A)

DLine - Chris Clemons caused a couple fumbles one wasnt recovered, one wasnt counted due to whistle being blown, and I think he didnt one due to a penalty on someone else... but Chris Clemons for not being in all the time and awarness to pick up the fumble for a TD would normally be an A+++ but the rest of the line was so bad that I will say a C+

Safeties - F

QB - C+

OL - C

WR - B+

RB - C

TE - D

DL - D-

LB - C

CB - C-

SS - D

FS - C

HC- Z-

OC - C

DC - D

What's a Z- hilarious!

Z- for Bradley is way too generous! I agree with an earlier post which said Khan may have had to reverse his "vote of confidence" and fire Bradley had they lost after having such a big lead.

Quote:QB - C+

OL - C

WR - B+

RB - C

TE - D

DL - D-

LB - C

CB - C-

SS - D

FS - C

HC- Z-

OC - C

DC - D

^This, since you got the Z in there, and it's spot on!

QB is top 3 in yards and TDs, one of three QBs ever to have x amount of TDs and yards before the age of 23......C+

Quote:Put a period between the B and the ).

B.)
Fixed 

QB - C, improvement from last year, but so many picks that hurt us in the worst way make his grade a mediocre C

OL - C, Don't get Bortles killed, showed they may be able to passably run block, still commit tons of penalties.

WR - A-, Hurns and Robinson are a dynamic duo, the brightest spots on the team.  Won't even include Lee in this since he never sees the field.

RB - B-, Yeldon will be very good, but there is literally no one else worth a hill of beans on the roster.  Gerhart weighs down this grade

TE - C, Could go higher if Thomas produces, but this is more based on potential

DL - D, Can't get pressure with just 4

LB - C+, Telvin Smith is the real deal and Poz is solid

CB - C, Gratz is terrible, Colvin may be the real deal

SS - D, Cyp...nuff said

FS - C, meh

HC- F, Finally made the adjustment to blitz more and forced turnovers and scored (go figure).  Rushing Gerhart 4 times from the 1 and Alualu on 3rd and 1 instead of Yeldon was just the worst.

OC - C, Some good, some bad, probably the best performer of any of the coaching staff....doesn't say much

DC - F, So blitzing will actually get pressure.  No way.

One of these years.............

We blitzed in the 2nd half too.

How'd that work out?
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:We blitzed in the 2nd half too.

How'd that work out?

Are there stats for that anywhere?  Because we definitely did not blitz like we had in the 1st half.

For the most part, we went lame prevent defense, soft-serve zone.

Quote:QB is top 3 in yards and TDs, one of three QBs ever to have x amount of TDs and yards before the age of 23......C+

The pick 6s hurt too much. He would have gotten an A had it not been for those terrible terrible throws and decisions.