Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How do you honestly feel about this win today?

I know that as a fan I should be happy and excited that we won, but I just don't feel anything after this win. This team really has to play better on both sides of the ball, as well as learning how to close games out. Even Bortles admitted that the offense played terribly today (including himself). That takes real character to admit that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They tried to blow it, but we still won, so I'm happy about the win.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I feel pretty good. I know we didn't play well, alot of the game, but sometimes, just winning a game can set a team on course to play better.

And remember, if Myers had hit just one of those two game winning field goals vs the Colts, we would be 3-4 and feeling pretty good about our prospects.

Happy about the win, unchanged about the direction.

Look at Houston, Indy and TN today. I feel ok now.

a win is a win!!!!!!!!!!

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I feel alright about it.

It was good to see both the offense and defense step up at the very end of the game after letting Buffalo back in it.

happy for players

mad about coaching staff

Numb.

I'm going to celebrate any win as they unfortunately don't come in bunches. This team has lacked a killer instinct for a decade.
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

I'm super happy.  Just what this team needed.  Currently one game behind the division leader Indy, and they travel to Carolina while the Jags are resting next week.  This was a big win, big for Shad and for the Jags fans in the UK.  Big for Bortles to bring the team back, big for Yeldon who showed all kinds of moves, smarts and toughness.  More big plays from AR15 and Hurns.  Telvin Smith showcasing his speed and tackling ability.  Marks with another solid game with no setbacks.  This team could be getting healthy and coming together at the right time. 

I'm always glad to get a win.  And hopefully this will be the start of something good but I'm not sure I'd put money on that.

I'm not sure I subscribe to the " a win is a win" theory.  I think thats great when you are playing for something like playoff positioning.  But realistically we are still just playing for improvement.  And I dont know that I came away from today thinking we looked like we're getting better.  

But again, hopefully this is the start of something.  And our division is pretty bad that if we somehow get on a roll, we could make things interesting.  We still make way too many stupid mistakes though.

I experienced all of the emotions today, I was stunned by our explosive start, devastated by our traditional 2nd half collapse, elated by the victory. Quite unforgivable not scoring when 1st and goal on the 1 yard line but then that's the Jags for you. Happy days.

Man, we're a missed field goal away from sole possession of first place. Hard to believe.

Especially happy seeing as we had some banter on the underground with some Bills fans who said that we wouldn't even score a point.

A win is a win.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

I'm always happy about a win, but let's be realistic: this game was perhaps the worst coaching job all season. If we were facing Tyrod Taylor (or even Matt Cassel) instead of E.J. Manuel, this one's a loss, and it all goes back to a few key coaching decisions:

1. Benching House in favor of Gratz, who rewarded that faith by giving up a game-leading TD and committing pass interference on the 2 pt. attempt.

2. Running Gerhart and Alualu instead of Yeldon (shades of the idiotic pitch to Grant)

3. Kind of related to 2, going for it on fourth and goal after Gerhart had been stuffed on the first three plays rather than taking the field goal

There were other coaching blunders, but man, those first two in particular were killers and should have cost us the game. I mean, what do they do at that corner spot next week? Let Gratz look like an idiot again? Plug House back in? Start McCray? Nah, I'm pretty sure Bradley would go to Marshall over McCray at this point. Why? Who knows!

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 05:34 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Sometimes I feel like people just don't watch other teams play football besides the jags. This is how typical games go. One team takes the lead, the other team battles back then in the end one team makes the plays to win. This is how it goes. The good teams learn how to win consistently. Teams like the pats and packers are anomalies. Teams don't just blow other teams out every week. This is how a normal game goes and I am proud of the win. I want to see this team learn to make plays when they have to.

Yeah a 50 point blowout every week would be great but that's not reality. They found a way to win and that how 99% of team in NFL history had to do it. We have to learn how to do it consistently. 

Apparently a loss is a loss but a win carries all these qualifies??? 

Let's enjoy the win. 

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 05:30 PM by Tuxedo.)

Quote:I'm super happy.  Just what this team needed.  Currently one game behind the division leader Indy, and they travel to Carolina while the Jags are resting next week.  This was a big win, big for Shad and for the Jags fans in the UK.  Big for Bortles to bring the team back, big for Yeldon who showed all kinds of moves, smarts and toughness.  More big plays from AR15 and Hurns.  Telvin Smith showcasing his speed and tackling ability.  Marks with another solid game with no setbacks.  This team could be getting healthy and coming together at the right time. 

I had to look that up to double check. Yeah, the AFC South is garbage.

They won, so I am happy. I think most of us are still realistic about the obvious concerns going forward. But a win is still a win.

;

;

Quote:Sometimes I feel like people just don't watch other teams play football besides the jags. This is how typical games go. One team takes the lead, the other team battles back then in the end on team makes the plays to win. This is how it goes. The god teams learn how to win consistently. Teams like the pats and packers are anomalies. Teams don't just blow other teams out every week. This is how a normal game goes and I am proud of the win. I want to see this team learn to make plays when they have to.

Yeah a 50 point blowout every week would be great but that's not reality. They found a way to win and that how 99% of team in NFL history had to do it. We have to learn how to do it consistently.

Apparently a loss is a loss but a win carries all these qualifies???

Let's enjoy the win.

This.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...