Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How do you honestly feel about this win today?

Quote:I'm at a loss for words that Gus thought all 3 phases of team played well. Our D gave up 300 passing yards to EJ Manuel.

All 3 phases stunk except for the defense going beast mode for about 5 minutes and a handful of nice plays on offense.

We have the talent to win games in this league, now we just need a HC that can lead.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Of all the games this was the one I got to follow the least, just basically saw a player here and there at work. I'm a little confused on the goalline stand that we couldn't pound it in why we kept going with Gerhart? Was Yeldon hurt?

I was impressed at first with the D when we went up 27-3 and then worried when we started letting them come back.

Overall I'm very happy we beat a team we should've beat, Now I'm just waiting to see when Rex Ryan gets fired, since losing to the Jags has gotten every coached for the last 3 years fired.
No Yeldon was just sitting bored on the sideline. Even the announcers were wondering why

I never have complained.  I am glad we won this game, but it's getting to be too much.

It is depressing knowing that when we were up 27-3, losing was still a very possible scenario.  I hate how we play with a lead.  I hate our play calling for the most part.  I hate our soft zone defense that we employ a lot of.  I hate seeing whomever we are playing in 3rd and long situations and expecting a dinky screen pass or someone to sit in an open spot in our soft zone coverage will end up being a first down for them.  

I am just a fan, so my football knowledge is not much more than that.  It was painful to see 4 inside runs in a row with Toby.  It was even MORE painful when we are behind on our last drive and we are running play action in our end of the field as if we were going to run the ball.  

I had more frustration with this game than previous games where we just get destroyed.  I had high hopes for this year and so far it has been very testing.  I still love this team and I don't expect anyone to read this and care, but my girlfriend sure as hell doesn't want to listen to my venting!

I can't wait for the day where I can go to a local gas station and not have some 17 year old kid working the register who can get away with taking shots at me being a Jags fan.

Quote:I never have complained.  I am glad we won this game, but it's getting to be too much.

It is depressing knowing that when we were up 27-3, losing was still a very possible scenario.  I hate how we play with a lead.  I hate our play calling for the most part.  I hate our soft zone defense that we employ a lot of.  I hate seeing whomever we are playing in 3rd and long situations and expecting a dinky screen pass or someone to sit in an open spot in our soft zone coverage will end up being a first down for them.  

I am just a fan, so my football knowledge is not much more than that.  It was painful to see 4 inside runs in a row with Toby.  It was even MORE painful when we are behind on our last drive and we are running play action in our end of the field as if we were going to run the ball.  

I had more frustration with this game than previous games where we just get destroyed.  I had high hopes for this year and so far it has been very testing.  I still love this team and I don't expect anyone to read this and care, but my girlfriend sure as hell doesn't want to listen to my venting

I can't wait for the day where I can go to a local gas station and not have some 17 year old kid working the register who can get away with taking shots at me being a Jags fan.
At least you dont have to hear Gus Bradley's voice everytime you pump gas

Quote:They tried to blow it, but we still won, so I'm happy about the win.

Did their best to give the game away. I was like DAMN!

As far as looking terrible offensively, it was a actually a pretty good outing for the run game (minus Gerhardt's touches)
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:The ugliest win in jaguars history
How old are you, if you don't mind my asking? The Jaguars beat the Ravens 6-3 in 1999 in a game that was far, far less pretty to watch.

Hurns saved Gus' job. There is a good chance Shad would have reneged on his comments if we lost.

They punch that 9 minute opening drive of the third quarter in for a td and it never sniffs close to this result. Slowby... Ugh.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:I know that as a fan I should be happy and excited that we won, but I just don't feel anything after this win. This team really has to play better on both sides of the ball, as well as learning how to close games out. Even Bortles admitted that the offense played terribly today (including himself). That takes real character to admit that.

A win, is a win no matter how it was acheived (as long as you dont cheat, <cough> Patriots <cough>!

Does it erase the fact that Gus Bradley got out coached, and the Jaguars simply got lucky?  No because it doesnt matter the Owner already said publicly regardless of the London game outcome it will not cause Gus to be fired.. that they are in it for the long haul...

so to me that means shut up about the HC whinning .. the owner isnt going to change at least not this season so why waste your time complaining about it?

Quote:A win, is a win no matter how it was acheived (as long as you dont cheat, <cough> Patriots <cough>!

Does it erase the fact that Gus Bradley got out coached, and the Jaguars simply got lucky?  No because it doesnt matter the Owner already said publicly regardless of the London game outcome it will not cause Gus to be fired.. that they are in it for the long haul...

so to me that means shut up about the HC whinning .. the owner isnt going to change at least not this season so why waste your time complaining about it?

How did they get lucky?

;

;

Quote:If you're not happy about this win you're not a Jaguar Fan. This win sends us into the Bi-week on a positive note while we continue to get healthy. Consider the morale of the team for the next two weeks. Hopefully that morale effects the message board as well...  :whistling:

NH3...

I've never heard the bye week referred to as "Bi Week". That is a new one on me. I always thought "Bi" meant something else entirely.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:How did they get lucky?

The bad pass interference call by the ref for one.

Quote:The bad pass interference call by the ref for one.

That was a make up call for the defensive interference call they didn't make involving AR15 on BB5 pick 6. Go back and watch that play, you can see it for yourself.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:That was a make up call for the defensive interference call they didn't make involving AR15 on BB5 pick 6. Go back and watch that play, you can see it for yourself.
Or how about the ugly roughing the passer call that wasn't even one on branch that extended their drive? That's another one.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:I'm at a loss for words that Gus thought all 3 phases of team played well. Our D gave up 300 passing yards to EJ Manuel.

This. They guy is a joke. Our special teams today was putrid.

Quote:That was a make up call for the defensive interference call they didn't make involving AR15 on BB5 pick 6. Go back and watch that play, you can see it for yourself.

The officiating has been an issue all season. That was a blatant miss on the pick six.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Or how about the ugly roughing the passer call that wasn't even one on branch that extended their drive? That's another one.

ya they need to revisit that rule it is too much of a game-changer for a defense to do everything right and punished for it because a qb ducked his head into the hit...  3 times now Matt H, Cam N, and EJ have all gotten free game changing first downs from us getting what should be either a sack or near sack.  

I think they should get field position yards but certainly not down and distance...  

ex:  roughing passer on 3rd n 15 at the 50 yard line..   15 yard penalty enforced at 35 yard line 4th and 15.. or 4th and whatever the sack distance was 

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

The refs didnt have their mic on this time (from the commercial)... lol

Quote:The officiating has been an issue all season. That was a blatant miss on the pick six.

That roughing the passer was just dumb. To call, I mean.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:The officiating has been an issue all season. That was a blatant miss on the pick six.

Agreed.  Not only too many flags in regards to previous seasons but bad calls at that.