Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How do you honestly feel about this win today?

Quote:That roughing the passer was just dumb. To call, I mean.

Teams coaches should be able to challenge a bad penalty like that.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:ya they need to revisit that rule it is too much of a game-changer for a defense to do everything right and punished for it because a qb ducked his head into the hit... 3 times now Matt H, Cam N, and EJ have all gotten free game changing first downs from us getting what should be either a sack or near sack.

I think they should get field position yards but certainly not down and distance...

ex: roughing passer on 3rd n 15 at the 50 yard line.. 15 yard penalty enforced at 35 yard line 4th and 15.. or 4th and whatever the sack distance was
It's really a game changing penalty. It extends drives and makes defensive players even more timid about hitting a qb ever. Heck even if they have the ball still and get a sack they can still get that call. It's just horrible. Might as well trot them out in skirts and Pom poms
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 10:50 PM by realtorpat.)

Quote:It's really a game changing penalty. It extends drives and makes defensive players even more timid about hitting a qb ever. Heck even if they have the ball still and get a sack they can still get that call. It's just horrible. Might as well trot them out in skirts and Pom poms
ya we have had it happen a couple times here I remember someone getting a clean hit (possibly clint session) on a qb he fumbled and Knighton catching it for a td and it got called back for roughing the passer

this game specifically cost the 49ers a game on what should have been a walk off sack fumble

New Orleans would be rightfully 10-6 (same as AZ cardinals)  SF rightfully 13-3  same as Seahawks that year  Saints would still be the 6th seed despite 10-6 tie with AZ since they had a better conference record. but the 49ers would have had homefield advantage throughout the playoffs instead of the Seahawks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGbIXH20iXQ

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:ya we have had it happen a couple times here I remember someone getting a clean hit (possibly clint session) on a qb he fumbled and Knighton catching it for a td and it got called back for roughing the passer
Oh man I remember exactly the play you're talking about. I was pissed off when that happened too!
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:Teams coaches should be able to challenge a bad penalty like that.

You'd think they would. I mean, after all, they take a play going at 20 mph and slow it down in replay to the slowest millisecond to see the finest detail that should not even be considered most times, and use that technology to help dictate the outcomes of games, and half the time they still get it wrong.

So yeah, they should be able to review their own blown call as well.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

It's a win, but the team still has a lot of issues. After the Slowby debacle, I was sure the Bills would come back, and wasn't surprised in the least when it happened. I was surprised the Jags pulled it out.

I don't understand why you would want to complain about winnning though...

I mean the team went from last place in the AFC South to 3rd and winning before a bye week against a good team regardless of their injuries is still a positive (great thing) for the young guys to not have to answer to what went wrong

in interviews as they try to heal and prepare for week 9!

Quote:Oh man I remember exactly the play you're talking about. I was [BAD WORD REMOVED] off when that happened too!

ya thats the second most pissed I've ever been from a call

number one goes to a game vs Minnesota with Gabbert at qb If i recall correctly Jared Allen badly jumped offsides and flew in to absolutely crush Gabbert in the shotgun without the ball.  Then Uche comes in and pulls Allen off and pushes a tiny bit because of what he just illegally did.  So they get an offsides calls and we get an unsportsman like conduct and end up 3rd and long because the other team jumped offsides and crushed our qb before the snap.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

I always enjoy a win.

You have to play to win.

I'm excited about Bortles, Hurns, Robinson and Yeldon getting reps and developing together.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

I'm completely enjoying it.. besides.. we have 2 weeks to complain about everything that is wrong with the team.. seems only fair that we get one night - I'm enjoying my ice cream with sprinkles (that looks suspiciously like wine)

Quote:The amount of Jags fans compared to the San Fran game 2 years ago has increased a lot. Lots of shouts of "DUUUVALLL" leaving the stadium, spotted quite a lot of Jags fans. The crowd generally got behind the Jags too, even my Colts friend was cheering for us in the 4th quarter.

We're for sure becoming more popular here - Bortles had the most Jags jerseys so I'd imagine some newer fans.

I think there is good support but there were some different aspects to seeing a game there.  Fans of teams who are natural rivals in the US seem to pal around unself-consciously at this game.  After the game a group of (what sounded like) German fans with Bill jerseys gathered in a circle and danced happily while singing "Here we go Buffalo, here we go!!!" as if they thought they had won the game.  They seemed very happy.  I think US fans would find Wembley unnaturally quiet.  Me and a guy behind me (Austrian maybe) were about the only ones in our section making any noise when the Jags were on defense.  Another guy (Jag fans) in the section next to us about two rows down was obviously English, but seemed to understand the game very well and was cheering and making noise at the appropriate times.  He was even doing the "move the chains" chant.  While there was some noise at times (near the end of the game particularly), most fans there seemed content to sit quietly and watch the game.  They don't even talk to one another while the game is in progress.  It was a little weird.  They don't show replays and the refs don't communicate with the crowd as much as they do at Everbank.  Dunno why that is.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I feel great about the win.