Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How many pick 6's does Bortles have?

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2015, 02:28 PM by Achilles.)

Quote:Another poster who doesn't know football. Olsen's playcalling has been fantastic outside of that 4-run fail special by slowby Failhart. His supporting cast in Hurns, Yeldon, and Robinson have been bailing him out. Hes had plenty of time to throw from the O-line. 

We just need a Z receiver, another TE, RT, and we are GOOD to go. 

ahhhhhh no. bortles has been screwed by his supporting cast with tons of drops, guys not running the right routes. we dont know who gets final call on plays, maybe olson has been calling the good ones, maybe not, but one way or the other there have been plenty of questionable play calls, the 4 straight gerhart was just the worst of the lot. 

edit: and again, thats not to say bortles isnt forcing things. he is, and with time and a better cast i believe he will cut down on that. hes never coming back, but i wish he had a talent like blackmon. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Another poster who doesn't know football. Olsen's playcalling has been fantastic outside of that 4-run fail special by slowby Failhart. His supporting cast in Hurns, Yeldon, and Robinson have been bailing him out. Hes had plenty of time to throw from the O-line. 

We just need a Z receiver, another TE, RT, and we are GOOD to go. 

RT?????

Parnell is probably our best OL.

'02

Quote:RT?????

Parnell is probably our best OL.
Maybe he meant LT?

Even still I think our O-line has improved pretty well in pass pro this year and not sure any sweeping changes should be made. 

I don't agree we need a Z receiver either.

I think our top 3 with Arob, Hurns, and Greene will be pretty good. (Lee to me is the new Blackmon, luxury, if we ever get him)

We should target a TE though... just in case JT80 doesn't work out....

Joker Cann Wiz Linder Parnell for the foreseeable future is what I'm thinking.

Wiz would likely sign a deal to stick around. Joker Cann and Linder all on rookie contracts for 3+ seasons and Parnell just signed his FA deal.

OK, putting on my BB5 apologist hat:

This pick 6 should not have even existed, as we know.  AR15 was basically assaulted by the CB.

Therefore, the last real pick 6 was against the tin horns.  And that pick 6 was also not on BB5.  He was throwing it to JT80, and JT80 ran the wrong route.  He was supposed to cut and head towards the sideline, but instead he just stopped and turned around.

BB5 threw the ball to where JT80 was supposed to be cutting to.  But it was JT80's first game back, it's expected that he make a few mistakes in terms of getting in sync with the offense.

So technically, the last 2 pick 6's don't really exist.  

So that means BB5 only has like 5 pick 6s for his career.  It's really not all that bad, you guys.  

I rest my case.   :thanks:

Quote:Maybe he meant LT?

Even still I think our O-line has improved pretty well in pass pro this year and not sure any sweeping changes should be made. 

I don't agree we need a Z receiver either.

I think our top 3 with Arob, Hurns, and Greene will be pretty good. (Lee to me is the new Blackmon, luxury, if we ever get him)

We should target a TE though... just in case JT80 doesn't work out....

Joker Cann Wiz Linder Parnell for the foreseeable future is what I'm thinking.

Wiz would likely sign a deal to stick around. Joker Cann and Linder all on rookie contracts for 3+ seasons and Parnell just signed his FA deal.

You like Greene better than Walters?  I like Walters...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You like Greene better than Walters?  I like Walters...
That's my bad for forgetting Mr. Reliable.

I don't know if he'll ever be a top 3 receiver for our team. But I think he is the perfect utility receiver.

But then again, I thought Hurns was going to be just a utility receiver....

We won't be able to keep all of them as the seasons go though lol.

Quote:That's my bad for forgetting Mr. Reliable.

I don't know if he'll ever be a top 3 receiver for our team. But I think he is the perfect utility receiver.

But then again, I thought Hurns was going to be just a utility receiver....

We won't be able to keep all of them as the seasons go though lol.

I know!  It's a tough situation for Greene and Walters...  I like the potential of Greene.  But the few games he played this year, he dropped more passes than I would have liked to see from him.

As you said, Walters is just Mr. Reliable.  He catches whatever is thrown his way.  He's a lunch pale type guy.  Just shows up and does exactly what's asked of him. What's not to like, right?