Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Free Agency Wish List

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2017, 03:22 PM by Etdavis2006.)

It's that time of the year again. I'm sure we all have learned who the potential upgrades are and I want to see who everyone has in mind.

My list (taken from NFL.com top 101 FAs):

Must Haves:

5) A.J. Bouye, Houston Texans cornerback: No NFL player raised his value more in 2016 than Bouye, who started the season as Houston's fourth cornerback and finished as a Pro Bowl-caliber starter on the league's stingiest total defense. He will emerge from the shadows to become a household name once he gets a mega contract.

7) Kevin Zeitler, Cincinnati Bengals guard: A nasty-tempered blocker who wins with strength, Zeitler is a great fit for a power-based ground attack.

13) Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety: One of the league's unsung stars, Jefferson outplayed the more ballyhooed Tyrann Mathieu last season, consistently making impact plays at the line of scrimmage as well as in

Suitable substitutions:

6) Stephon Gilmore, Buffalo Bills cornerback: Gilmore has the reputation of a shutdown cornerback but was too often exploited in coverage last season. He boasts the starting experience and physical gifts to break the bank on the open market.

21) Larry Warford, Detroit Lions guard: Teams pay for pass protection first, but Warford can be a huge asset to any offense's running game at right guard.

I would definitely want G and CB taken care of at all cost. SS would be next. I'm also intrigued in added Brandon Willams (Baltimore) on the DL but not sure we would be willing to pay 40-50 mil for a run stuffer. Micah Hyde would be a nice 2nd tier safety if Jefferson was gone.

Noticeable 3rd tier players:

Terrell McClain DT Dallas

JC Tretter C Green Bay

Chance Warmack G Tennessee

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They'll get what they can.

But you can bet your butt they are talking to agents of the top guards, safeties and corners.

Land one of the better available players from two of those three spots and I'm happy.

Larry Warfrod

Kayvon Webster

Dwight Freeney 

Offense:

Kevin Zeitler - G (Starter)

T.J Lang - G (Starter)

Riley Reiff - RT (Starter)

Brian Hoyer - QB (Push Henne for back-up role)

Patrick DiMarco - FB (Starter)

Luke Wilson - TE (Back-up / Potential Starter)

Defense:

A.J Bouye - CB (Starter)

Stephon Gilmore - CB (Rotational Starter between Ramsey, Bouye & Colvin)

Brandon Williams - DT (Starter)

Charles Johnson - DE (Rotational Starter between Ngakoue, Fowler, Jr.)

Micah Hyde - S (Starter)

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I'd rather see Jamal Adams at S.

'02

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2017, 05:03 PM by Caldrac.)

Quote:I'd rather see Jamal Adams at S.

I think most on here would agree with that. Depending on what happens with the first three teams on the clock. I think it's safe to assume though that the top talent in this draft is on the defensive side of the football around where we'll be selecting.

Offensively I think they'll be spending heavy in free agency since most scouts are saying the lineman in this class aren't really all that great. Since they've brought up wanting to get better at being tougher, and wanting to help Blake. That all starts with the trenches.

Getting Zeitler, Lang & Reiff can go a long way. DiMarco at FB helps out. So does Wilson at TE. SInce they're both coming from heavy run offenses. 

On defense though. If we walk out of free agency with Bouye at CB & Williams at DT i'll be perfectly fine with Adams' name being called in April when we're on the clock. 

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Offense:

Kevin Zeitler - G (Starter)

T.J Lang - G (Starter)

Riley Reiff - RT (Starter)

Brian Hoyer - QB (Push Henne for back-up role)

Patrick DiMarco - FB (Starter)

Luke Wilson - TE (Back-up / Potential Starter)

Defense:

A.J Bouye - CB (Starter)

Stephon Gilmore - CB (Rotational Starter between Ramsey, Bouye & Colvin)

Brandon Williams - DT (Starter)

Charles Johnson - DE (Rotational Starter between Ngakoue, Fowler, Jr.)

Micah Hyde - S (Starter)
brandon williams makes no sense, he plays the same position as abry

Quote:brandon williams makes no sense, he plays the same position as abry

You're right. Forgot we resigned him. Maybe a cheap insurance policy though in the event Marks or Jones goes down. We still need depth at the position as well. Bennett hasn't really made it out onto the field. We didn't see Day much at all last year. Miller is more than likely gone too.

Just seems like a pretty weak, unproven and untested position on this team honestly outside of Jackson. 

I'm personally not sold on Abry Jones but I guess we will see him in full time snaps this year

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2017, 05:44 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:You're right. Forgot we resigned him. Maybe a cheap insurance policy though in the event Marks or Jones goes down. We still need depth at the position as well. Bennett hasn't really made it out onto the field. We didn't see Day much at all last year. Miller is more than likely gone too.

Just seems like a pretty weak, unproven and untested position on this team honestly outside of Jackson.
brandon isnt going to be cheap and hes not depth. Hes the second best nose tackle in football.

If we didnt resign Abry then yeah im all for it, and Bwill is far better than abry, but the indication is Abry is going to start unless miller comes back lights out.

For the strong end spot, especially with all the franchise tags now placed, I would put Calais Campbell on the wish list for the strong end spot, opposite Ngakoue and Fowler.  

RG- Warford. (Slide Cann to LG)

CB- Gilmore. (Very good CB2. Could be CB1 in many places) (Pay Gilmore CB1 money, length until Ramsey needs extension)

SS - Jefferson (I doubt this as a signing. Don't think he is a really good playmaker) (Is 1 /12 years younger than Cyp, same experience, so this is a positive I guess) 

Quote:It's that time of the year again. I'm sure we all have learned who the potential upgrades are and I want to see who everyone has in mind.

My list (taken from NFL.com top 101 FAs):

Must Haves:

5) A.J. Bouye, Houston Texans cornerback: No NFL player raised his value more in 2016 than Bouye, who started the season as Houston's fourth cornerback and finished as a Pro Bowl-caliber starter on the league's stingiest total defense. He will emerge from the shadows to become a household name once he gets a mega contract.

7) Kevin Zeitler, Cincinnati Bengals guard: A nasty-tempered blocker who wins with strength, Zeitler is a great fit for a power-based ground attack.

13) Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety: One of the league's unsung stars, Jefferson outplayed the more ballyhooed Tyrann Mathieu last season, consistently making impact plays at the line of scrimmage as well as in

Suitable substitutions:

6) Stephon Gilmore, Buffalo Bills cornerback: Gilmore has the reputation of a shutdown cornerback but was too often exploited in coverage last season. He boasts the starting experience and physical gifts to break the bank on the open market.

21) Larry Warford, Detroit Lions guard: Teams pay for pass protection first, but Warford can be a huge asset to any offense's running game at right guard.

I would definitely want G and CB taken care of at all cost. SS would be next. I'm also intrigued in added Brandon Willams (Baltimore) on the DL but not sure we would be willing to pay 40-50 mil for a run stuffer. Micah Hyde would be a nice 2nd tier safety if Jefferson was gone.

Noticeable 3rd tier players:

Terrell McClain DT Dallas

JC Tretter C Green Bay

Chance Warmack G Tennessee
I believe your top 3 of Bouye, Zeitler and Jefferson are right on target. Gilmore, Warford and Hyde would be suitable alternatives.By addressing cornerback, safety and guard in free agency, the Jags could then use the draft as follows:

Rd. 1:  Pass rusher (either Thomas or Allen). 

Rd. 2:  BAP at running back or offensive line. McCaffrey will likely be gone, but he'd be my top choice followed by one of the offensive linemen. Dawkins from Temple would be

a good fit since he could play guard or right tackle. No way Lamp gets out of the 1st like McCaffrey.

Get Jefferson Hightower Warford jack Doyle an depending on price Matt Khalil an warmack as depth an a Lil piece of me wants Latavious Murray but I'll settle for akumara an dontari poe lol

Gimme Warford, a mid tier CB, Sheard , and another pass rusher and I'll be happy

The Calais Campbell rumors are very intriguing to me.  I like the idea of adding a few vets to the defense in order to help change the culture.  Especially when that veteran is 6'8" and weighs 300lbs. 

Chance Warmack would be an interesting add if the price is right.  Would like to add Zeitler as well and have Warmack for depth/development. 

I'll take 5 new top tier offensive linemen

Zeitler, Zeitler, Zeitler!!!!!!!!!!! We're gonna have to overpay to get him, but the dude is young, dependable and is just a total bully in the trenches. This guy was made to play for a Coughlin team

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2017, 12:06 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Dreamland on the top tiers. Even when the Jags manage to sign them, they just take a vacation.

Problem is the Jaguars don't have that football player to push the other players who come on board to be great. We don't have a Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Michael Jordan, Lebron James and other great leaders on their team to push these players. Instead, the Jags got Bortles as their leader that can't even win and has a unnatural throwing motion and has a crybaby body language. So what happens, players just come here to get paid.