Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Horizon Zero Dawn

Just got this for PS4 yesterday and it's pretty good. Interesting mix of WoW with post-apocalyptic future.

The graphics are top notch. There is a LOT of running involved.

Just wanted to see what others thought of it.
"I'm gonna have to say NO to the reading of the Latin!"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm Redboxing tonight, I'll post a follow up after I get a couple hours in
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Well no local Redbox has it. [BLEEP] it, might just buy it. This is one I'm sure I'll like
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Been playing from last night and a little today. Just finished the Proving Grounds (not a spoiler, literally like the first mission of the game)

It's pretty great so far. My wife isn't a fan, but that's normal lol

I ended up finding a Redbox copy but I'll be buying it soon I'm sure. It's good
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I have plans on buying it. It is next on my list after completing Breath of the Wild on the Switch.
"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

Quote:I have plans on buying it. It is next on my list after completing Breath of the Wild on the Switch.

I hear ya. I have a huge backlog of games. Adult responsibility/kids doesn't let me game like I used to.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I plan to eventually buy it, gameplay looks fun and environments are beautiful. But I'll wait until later in the year. Currently busy with Yakuza 0, Final Fantasy XV, and Nier among other games. 

Quote:I plan to eventually buy it, gameplay looks fun and environments are beautiful. But I'll wait until later in the year. Currently busy with Yakuza 0, Final Fantasy XV, and Nier among other games.

I'm probably going to buy it when it inevitably goes on sale for $30 soon. No sense in spending full price when I won't get around to it for a while.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I plan to eventually buy it, gameplay looks fun and environments are beautiful. But I'll wait until later in the year. Currently busy with Yakuza 0, Final Fantasy XV, and Nier
among other games. 

Did you mean Nioh? Because that game has engulfed me and I'm really okay with it

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

It looks like a garbage game to be honest.

All I need is Jaguars football and my dogs

Quote:It looks like a garbage game to be honest.
Then don't play it?

Care to explain what is so "garbage" about it?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Did you mean Nioh? Because that game has engulfed me and I'm really okay with it
No I mean Nier: Automata. It released on the PS4 yesterday. I plan on buying Nioh later this year. 

Quote:No I mean Nier: Automata. It released on the PS4 yesterday. I plan on buying Nioh later this year. 

Not familiar with that one.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Not familiar with that one.
Action-rpg where you play as a bad [BAD WORD REMOVED] android that fights robots with melee weapons. Developed by studio that did the Bayonetta games. I'm enjoying it a lot so far. 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/06/n...iew?page=1

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/nier-aut...0-6416628/

Quote:Action-rpg where you play as a bad [BAD WORD REMOVED] android that fights robots with melee weapons. Developed by studio that did the Bayonetta games. I'm enjoying it a lot so far. 

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/06/n...iew?page=1

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/nier-aut...0-6416628/

Yeah. I spent probably too much time looking into this game. Looks like a ton of fun.

Quote:It looks like a garbage game to be honest.
If you are actually talking about Nioh then I agree, looks like a poor mans Dark Souls game. 

Late to the party on this one. I picked up the complete edition last Friday along with The Last Of Us Remastered for $20 a piece at Best Buy. Electric Storm fried my old PS4 so I just gave in and got the 1TB model. Love the game so far. Good mix of technology and nature. Kind of get that Final Fantasy X vibe with the spiritual overtones but it's Native American like in a way.

Might give Witcher III a whirl again at some point too. Just need to practice with the battle system a bit more on that game. It's a bit busy. But I think that's why I like Zero Horizon Dawn. The combat isn't overly complicated or complex yet but it's fun to set traps and what not. Taking down that Sawtooth was cool. Then finding the other tribe during the Proving was crazy with that heavy machine gun involved. It's like playing a damn movie though visually.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2018, 11:06 AM by Bullseye.)

You play The Last of Us yet?

As for Witcher 3, that is one of a few games in the queue for me to get back into, but with the new Madden, I suspect it will be a while longer before I do.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(07-06-2018, 10:58 AM)Bullseye Wrote: You play The Last of Us yet?

As for Witcher 3, that is one of a few games in the queue for me to get back into, but with the new Madden, I suspect it will be a while longer before I do.

Not yet. I know it'll be fun though. I still go back and forth with Skyrim a lot. Finally they announced the 6th installation of the main series at the recent ES3 I think. I liked where I was heading in Witcher III. I just lack patience. You can't go running into combat and start button smashing like you can most games.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(07-06-2018, 11:43 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(07-06-2018, 10:58 AM)Bullseye Wrote: You play The Last of Us yet?

Not yet. I know it'll be fun though. I still go back and forth with Skyrim a lot. Finally they announced the 6th installation of the main series at the recent ES3 I think. I liked where I was heading in Witcher III. I just lack patience. You can't go running into combat and start button smashing like you can most games.

Witcher 3 combat isnt too hard. Hold the parry button, then just light attack. That plus the "force push" sign are all you need for like 90% of the combat.

I want to play it again, but I don't have the time to get that deep into a game right now lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS