Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stephen King's Dark Tower, now a movie!

Giggity!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Stephen-K...70814.html

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2015, 08:55 AM by carlo.)

YES!!!! Time to read them again.

Whats your favourite book? Has to be Drawing of the Three for me.

The first one, easily. The "gunfight" in Tull is just an amazing scene in my head, plus I love Cort and any of the stories relating to him.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

About damn time. This idea for the movie has been kicked around for the last 10 years.. Nice to see them finally move forward.. Was a real shame though because back in the day when they were talking about the movie being made, there were rumors going around that Clint Eastwood would have had the Gunslinger role.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Some interesting news on this front. Specifically, Matthew McConaughey has been offered the role of Randall Flagg / The Man in Black and Aaron Paul has been offered the role of Eddie Dean. Also, a preliminary release date of Mid January 2017 for the first movie has been stated.

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2016, 04:13 PM by Minorcan.)

Quote:Some interesting news on this front. Specifically, Matthew McConaughey has been offered the role of Randall Flagg / The Man in Black and Aaron Paul has been offered the role of Eddie Dean. Also, a preliminary release date of Mid January 2017 for the first movie has been stated.
Wait......Randall Flagg was also a character in "The Stand" too? I've not read dark towers, I'm actually not a King fan, but I am a fan of "The Stand".

Edit: I googled it and apparently this character appears in a lot of his writings. Thanks Minorcan/Google. 

Quote:Wait......Randall Flagg was also a character in "The Stand" too? I've not read dark towers, I'm actually not a King fan, but I am a fan of "The Stand".

Edit: I googled it and apparently this character appears in a lot of his writings. Thanks Minorcan/Google. 

I'm not that huge of a King fan myself but the Dark Tower, and more specifically the first book The Gunslinger, are excellent reads by most any type of reader. And there are tons of cross-connections between characters and other King books from what I've been told. The Dark Tower kind of sums all of them up.

Quote:I'm not that huge of a King fan myself but the Dark Tower, and more specifically the first book The Gunslinger, are excellent reads by most any type of reader. And there are tons of cross-connections between characters and other King books from what I've been told. The Dark Tower kind of sums all of them up.
I know his books are usually set in Maine, but I didn't know he connected characters through different books. I'll be interested in the movie though, I am a horror/suspense/thriller movie lover, to put it lightly. Favorite genre. 

Quote:I know his books are usually set in Maine, but I didn't know he connected characters through different books. I'll be interested in the movie though, I am a horror/suspense/thriller movie lover, to put it lightly. Favorite genre. 

It's not as much of a horror story, but it is definitely a suspense and thriller type. It's just that the first parts of the story are essentially a Western. It'll be interesting to see how the movie shows King's vision.

Quote:It's not as much of a horror story, but it is definitely a suspense and thriller type. It's just that the first parts of the story are essentially a Western. It'll be interesting to see how the movie shows King's vision.
Oh.

Ew.

Quote:Oh.

Ew.

Hey, it's not titled "The Gunslinger" for nothin'.

Quote:Hey, it's not titled "The Gunslinger" for nothin'.
Yeahhh...

ew

Quote:I'm not that huge of a King fan myself but the Dark Tower, and more specifically the first book The Gunslinger, are excellent reads by most any type of reader. And there are tons of cross-connections between characters and other King books from what I've been told. The Dark Tower kind of sums all of them up.

Quote:I know his books are usually set in Maine, but I didn't know he connected characters through different books. I'll be interested in the movie though, I am a horror/suspense/thriller movie lover, to put it lightly. Favorite genre. 

Randall Flagg appears in about 9 King novels, sometimes with different names but the theme remains the same, he is the personification of evil.

I like the casting of Matthew McConaughey as Flagg, I hope he agrees to accept the role. As with many depictions of Satan, Flagg is described as an gregarious, initially attractive figure who uses his charm to manipulate others to do his bidding. I can totally buy into McConaughey pulling it off.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Dunno how they'd manage to stuff the whole epic in a single movie. Just The Gunslinger alone could fill two hours. I was personally hoping for a big budget HBO series along the lines of A Song of Ice and Fire (i.e. Game of Thrones).

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Dunno how they'd manage to stuff the whole epic in a single movie. Just The Gunslinger alone could fill two hours. I was personally hoping for a big budget HBO series along the lines of A Song of Ice and Fire (i.e. Game of Thrones).

From what I've read, this project focuses mainly on the first book of the series.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:From what I've read, this project focuses mainly on the first book of the series.

That would make sense although someone mentioned that Aaron Paul had been offered the part of Eddie Dean who doesn't show up until "The Drawing of the Three".

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Anyone else check out the Dark Tower graphic novels they put out?
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Some <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.darktowermovies.com/'>interesting news</a> on this front. Specifically, Matthew McConaughey has been offered the role of Randall Flagg / The Man in Black and Aaron Paul has been offered the role of Eddie Dean. Also, a preliminary release date of Mid January 2017 for the first movie has been stated.

Is he going to be riding around in a Lincoln and rolling a booger between his fingers in the movie too?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2016, 02:39 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:Dunno how they'd manage to stuff the whole epic in a single movie. Just The Gunslinger alone could fill two hours. I was personally hoping for a big budget HBO series along the lines of A Song of Ice and Fire (i.e. Game of Thrones).

Quote:From what I've read, this project focuses mainly on the first book of the series.

Quote:That would make sense although someone mentioned that Aaron Paul had been offered the part of Eddie Dean who doesn't show up until "The Drawing of the Three".

I've read that since there is so much material to cover, they will likely merge books, or parts of books, into a single movie. I can kinda sorta wrap my head around the idea, especially with The Gunslinger and the Drawing of the Three. This would fit with having Aaron Paul / Eddie Dean in the first movie.

Quote:Is he going to be riding around in a Lincoln and rolling a booger between his fingers in the movie too?

And with someone else's kids in the car!