Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shahid Khan's history with the dreaded vote of confidence

As I am sure alot of us know the Jacksonville Jaguars aren't the only sports team that Shahid Khan owns. He is also the owner of Fulham FC, an English football team. We also all know that a vote of confidence really only arises when there is plenty of speculation that a coach is not doing a good enough job to keep it.

This hasn't been the first time Shahid Khan has issued a vote of confidence for his head coach/manager. During the 2014/15 football season, Khan released a statement on 26th August saying that then current manager Felix Magath was "the ideal manager" to lead Fulham to success. On 18th September, a mere 23 days later, Magath was fired during a particularly bad streak of 11 games without a win.

History shows that a vote of confidence can more often than not be a sign that someone is on the hot seat and is on course to being fired. Here is an interesting article on the English premier league that shows a manager that is given a vote of confidence but is eventually fired only lasts another 48 days!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footbal...dence.html

However, given that Khan's other sports team may actually be in worse shape than the Jaguars gets me thinking that he may believe that stability will breed success. Therefore, it is quite possible that he will be willing to give Bradley until season's end to show that he is worth keeping. Otherwise, don't be surprised to see Khan pull the trigger.

If you want any sources for the information I have used, just ask!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: youtherealmvp.jpg]

I hope.so.

Hmmm....