Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFLPA Grievance Against Jags?

Quote:Wait til they start getting fined for not being 5 minutes early to a meeting.
Anything less than 15 minutes before the meeting is late.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:[Image: 11snwnm.jpg]

If that's actually AR15 he is really handling his day to day behavior like a child. He comes off as anti-jaguar and immature stuff like this is only going to hold him back in his career.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:If that's actually AR15 he is really handling his day to day behavior like a child. He comes off as anti-jaguar and immature stuff like this is only going to hold him back in his career.
Come on now, hes a player. He's on the same side of the dispute as the players. It makes total sense that he would side against the jaguars in this, I'd say most our players do.

And to be fair, Liking something on twitter isnt a purposeful broadcast. Not everything someone likes shows up on someone elses feed, not the same as a retweet which is an intentional action. So him liking the article doesnt have to really mean anything or be taken as some sort of shot.

All for discipline on the field and team functions but don't mess with the players association on stuff like this and get black balled by free agents.

Quote:Come on now, hes a player. He's on the same side of the dispute as the players. It makes total sense that he would side against the jaguars in this, I'd say most our players do.

Just seems really petty to me.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:If that's actually AR15 he is really handling his day to day behavior like a child. He comes off as anti-jaguar and immature stuff like this is only going to hold him back in his career.
Winning will fix all that with AR15. 

On the topic, why can't players rehab somewhere else? Seems dumb. 

Arob has had Gus his whole career. He's just used to eating fruit snacks and sleeping in team meetings.

Quote:[Image: 11snwnm.jpg]

His crybaby [BLEEP]!

Quote:Arob has had Gus his whole career. He's just used to eating fruit snacks and sleeping in team meetings.

Don't forget about the ice cream before and after games. LOL
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Just seems really petty to me.
I just thought it was funny. I wouldn't like it if my employer mandated where i had to be on my holidays either

Maybe it's mind games/politics going into FA and draft.

If our docs don't know your status, we can replace you.

Or not.

It's always a conspiracy until it isn't.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

He liked something on social media? What a diva. Cut him now, Tommy boy!

Quote:Winning will fix all that with AR15.

On the topic, why can't players rehab somewhere else? Seems dumb.

Tough to speculate. Maybe they just don't trust the players to do what they need to do. Maybe there has been some history of that. Maybe they're worried about other facilities not being up to par?

Who really knows.

I do agree that these guys are being paid a ton of money and if the team wants them to rehab at their facilities, I think that's fair.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2017, 10:23 PM by Achilles.)

Quote:I just thought it was funny. I wouldn't like it if my employer mandated where i had to be on my holidays either
I mean I get not liking it but same goes for my job. My boss tells me which holidays I can have off and which I can't. I can not like it all I want but that's policy. If I want to choose what days I work and what days I don't, then I'd need to find a different line of work.

Edit: also after combing through the article, it doesn't even mention holidays. Unless you are referring to the whole offseason as holiday, more akin to vacation, but that would likely come down to the language of individual contracts and that is out of my realm of knowledge.

Quote:I mean I get not liking it but same goes for my job. My boss tells me which holidays I can have off and which I can't. I can not like it all I want but that's policy. If I want to choose what days I work and what days I don't, then I'd need to find a different line of work.

Edit: also after combing through the article, it doesn't even mention holidays. Unless you are referring to the whole offseason as holiday, more akin to vacation, but that would likely come down to the language of individual contracts and that is out of my realm of knowledge.
Suppose its hard to compare it to a normal job. As far as I know they have a set amount of days in the offseason where a team can tell them that they have to be at the facilities but outside of that its completely up to the player whether they choose to go to team facilities or not, so they can tell the injured guys that they would encourage them to rehab here but they can't actually mandate it. Or it could be perfectly fine but the players just don't like it. 

They're just mad they no longer get S*P*R*I*N*K*L*E*S......... The culture created by Gus and Dave was so weak..... Luckily we still have Telvin, Ramsey and even Jackson to keep a little toughness.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Suppose its hard to compare it to a normal job. As far as I know they have a set amount of days in the offseason where a team can tell them that they have to be at the facilities but outside of that its completely up to the player whether they choose to go to team facilities or not, so they can tell the injured guys that they would encourage them to rehab here but they can't actually mandate it. Or it could be perfectly fine but the players just don't like it.

Yeah I mean if that's the case then I'd side with the players.

Whatever the rules stipulate really...

The team has an investment in the players, and if injured they have an interest that they receive the best care to get them back to playing in the fastest and best possible condition. If the injury happened on the job even more investment in the care the players receive. I side with the team office.

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2017, 11:20 PM by diamondjag28.)

If the players don't rehab with the team they get fined? If so, they can't do that