Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Prisco doesn't think we should fire Bradley

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Prisco is wrong more than he's right.

This is just another one of them.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2015, 01:37 PM by borts the immorts.)

this was supposed to be the jags year

instead they are 1-5 and sitting on the bottom of the worst division in all of the nfl

Fire his A.S.S

Pretty bad article.

God he's stupid

Quote:this was supposed to be the jags year

instead they are 1-5 and sitting on the bottom of the worst division in all of the nfl

Fire his A.S.S

You just can't dew thet.

we are already accomplishing nothing [BLEEP]

What is honestly the negative in firing him now?  Does anyone think he's the right coach going forward?  If not, then keeping him around for the rest of the season hurts the team more than helps it.  Why not give Marrone a chance?  If he turns the team into a team that plays hard and smart and can actually *gasp* win some games, give him an interview for the full time job.  If we continue to suck, what's the harm?  You fire him and get a new coach in here.  I honestly don't see a negative in this scenario. 

One of these years.............

The only reason to fire Bradley now is a combo-reason, imo; You've already decided to move on at seasons end AND you want a look-see at Maronne as a HC before interviewing a few other candidates (at least one to fulfill Rooney rule).

It would be interesting to see IF Maronne would make any changes, a la the Phins

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2015, 02:03 PM by MalabarJag.)

Quote:What is honestly the negative in firing him now?  Does anyone think he's the right coach going forward?  If not, then keeping him around for the rest of the season hurts the team more than helps it.  Why not give Marrone a chance?  If he turns the team into a team that plays hard and smart and can actually *gasp* win some games, give him an interview for the full time job.  If we continue to suck, what's the harm?  You fire him and get a new coach in here.  I honestly don't see a negative in this scenario. 

He's not saying Bradley shouldn't be fired, just that he shouldn't be fired before the end of the season. Barring a miracle he's not going to be here in 2016.

There are three reasons to wait:

1) a better draft pick

2) we might be stuck with a mediocre interim coach if the Jags finish with (say) six wins

3) keeping Gus might look good in the eyes of the replacement candidates

Of course there are also several reasons to do it now, or before the BYE, not the least of which is that the team owes it to the fan base to try and improve the W-L record.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Not nearly as many people were calling for Tom Coughlin's head in 1996 after starting 4-7.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Not nearly as many people were calling for Tom Coughlin's head in 1996 after starting 4-7.

Yeah. Once you've lost Alfie, you've pretty much lost even the die hard "team can do no wrong" crowd.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Another positive for firing Gus now:

Can bring some new excitement to the fan base and sends the message that the front office and the fans are on the same page.

I think you really run the risk of alienating this fan base much more if we continue to trot Bradley out there.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Not nearly as many people were calling for Tom Coughlin's head in 1996 after starting 4-7.

And how is Coughlin starting 4-7 in the franchise's second year of existence comparable to Bradley starting 1-5?

I think the way this team has lost the last 3 weeks...

barring a miraculous showing in London (a win for sure), Gus doesn't make it off the plane before hearing the news.

Not that I agree with it... 

but... that's the biz.

Quote:And how is Coughlin starting 4-7 in the franchise's second year of existence comparable to Bradley starting 1-5?

it's not... it's actually way better.

Quote:I think the way this team has lost the last 3 weeks...

barring a miraculous showing in London (a win for sure), Gus doesn't make it off the plane before hearing the news.

Not that I agree with it... 

but... that's the biz.

They'd let him on the plane?

Clearly he's scared of Gus' friend and company man Boselli.

Quote:They'd let him on the plane?
Khan is a good person... I doubt he'd leave him in London to get his own ride...

If Gus can't prepare his team to play at home, how is he going to even remotely come close to doing it this week in that circus?