Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jacksonville Jaguars are the next great offense?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

When is the last time the national media said this about our team?

[Image: giphy.gif]

The arrow is pointing in that direction right now.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm very excited about our offense. Everything else well..lol

Our offense is finally better than FIRST COAST HS and RAINES HS.

I'll believe it when I see it. The colts game has me doubting the hype. Maybe after Houston they can restore my faith.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Good article.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

The line needs to be figured out, a game-breaking #1 wideout is needed, and the coaching has to improve. None of those are insurmountable, and the raw talent for that to be a spectacular offense is there.

Quote:When is the last time the national media said this about our team?
End of the '07 season.

And we all know what happened in '08 with the Derrick Harvey debacle.

Ugh, makes me sick to my stomach.

Just a good coach and a Joey Bosa/healthy Fowler away.

Quote:I'll believe it when I see it. The colts game has me doubting the hype. Maybe after Houston they can restore my faith.

Are you not watching the games? These guys are second year players producing numbers that are easily above average. That's a really good sign.

I have to see them against tougher competition to call them the next great offense, but I really like how it is turning out for the offense. Once we get our o-line fixed, I don't see why they couldn't be considered one of the best.

Quote:I have to see them against tougher competition to call them the next great offense, but I really like how it is turning out for the offense. Once we get our o-line fixed, I don't see why they couldn't be considered one of the best.

Question is how do you fix the offensive line?

I think next year you start Linder and Cann at the guard spots. I think that gives us a more physical offensive line.

What to do at LT is the most important issue.

After some inconsistent play earlier, Joeckel seems to be playing better. I don't THINK he gave up any sacks the past 2-3 weeks. Hopefully if true, it is a sign he is rounding into something closer to the guy we hoped we were drafting. But another question is how much replacement can you or should you have in an area that requires continuity? If you replace Joeckel, do you get a vet like Cordy Glenn if he is available, or do you draft a guy?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:End of the '07 season.

And we all know what happened in '08 with the Derrick Harvey debacle.

Ugh, makes me sick to my stomach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WcKRVHZAQ8

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WcKRVHZAQ8
This just sums up that season, and arguably every single one after that up until this point...

Quote:Question is how do you fix the offensive line?

I think next year you start Linder and Cann at the guard spots. I think that gives us a more physical offensive line.

What to do at LT is the most important issue.

After some inconsistent play earlier, Joeckel seems to be playing better. I don't THINK he gave up any sacks the past 2-3 weeks. Hopefully if true, it is a sign he is rounding into something closer to the guy we hoped we were drafting. But another question is how much replacement can you or should you have in an area that requires continuity? If you replace Joeckel, do you get a vet like Cordy Glenn if he is available, or do you draft a guy?
Either LJ plays better or we get someone who does. I wish I knew a 100% sound way of acquiring a legit LT, but Its pretty much a crap shoot nowadays. I personally would either trade for/ sign a FA in the upcoming offseason. I dont think we can wait around for another rookie.

Hopefully Cann can live up to his potential and Linder fully recovers from his injury. I havent watched much of Cordy Glenn, so Im not sure about him.

I dont think LJ is "solid" by any means of the word. I think "inconsistent" would be a more accurate description of his play.

So really, the only true replacement we would have to make would be at LT, unless LJ turns into a monster of course.

Glad to see something good. I do believe our Oline needs a bit of work still since Linder is out we saw our Oline fall apart this week it seemed.

Also hope our D can get some patch work in the offseason.

I'm thrilled with Bortles' play so far, but I'm not ready to crown them the heir apparent just yet. I need more consistency for that. But they HAVE shown that the potential and the talent is there.

Quote:Glad to see something good. I do believe our Oline needs a bit of work still since Linder is out we saw our Oline fall apart this week it seemed.

Also hope our D can get some patch work in the offseason.
Our offense is not far off, ESPECIALLY once Yeldon adjusts more to the pros. We really just need good LT play.

Our D is a complete different situation. We need a stud DE/ Dlineman, even if Marks comes back in his original form. LBs would be decent enough to be competitive, but we need some DBs DESPERATELY.

Derrick Harvey was so bad