Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
No Mid-Season Coaching Changes

As per Gus

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/10/13/...-this-year

Sorry for the misleading title Wink

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So Gus Bradley says that he won't be firing or reassigning any of his subordinates during the season.

Note how Caldwell and Khan have said no such thing about Bradley.

That article is misleading as well. He said yesterday that no changes were going to be made this week. And even that statement he backed off a bit and said that he hasn't talked to Dave or the rest of the staff yet anyway.

Might as well secure that 1st Overall pick.  I'm sure Dave will enjoy using that in the upcoming draft!

Personally, I'd rather they just cut Gus loose now.  It's basically undeniable that it's GOING to happen at some point, likely at the end of the season, so why wait?

I'm not normally in the "OMG FIRE THEM ALL" camp, but the product pretty much speaks for itself.  Plenty of raw talent on the field, poorly led.

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

It's not mid-season yet.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:So Gus Bradley says that he won't be firing or reassigning any of his subordinates during the season.

Yup, i usually don't agree with coaching changes this early in the season like the Philbin firing, but this team is by far the worst in the league. Its not even the lack of talent either, the Jags have good players.

Quote:So Gus Bradley says that he won't be firing or reassigning any of his subordinates during the season.

Who has asked them?  You?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Who has asked them?  You?
Would you like me to? I can tell you right now that they certainly wouldn't come out and say that they intend to fire Bradley after the London game.

Quote:Would you like me to? I can tell you right now that they certainly wouldn't come out and say that they intend to fire Bradley after the London game.
Maybe that's because they don't intend to?  Nah.  Couldn't possibly be that.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Doesn't matter. Gus will be fired by mid season.

Quote:Maybe that's because they don't intend to?  Nah.  Couldn't possibly be that.
Couldn't possibly be that they know better than to say, "Hey guys, we're firing our coach in two weeks, so hang in there." Could also be that they don't intend to, but silence on the topic does not automatically mean that FBT is right.

Quote:Couldn't possibly be that they know better than to say, "Hey guys, we're firing our coach in two weeks, so hang in there." Could also be that they don't intend to, but silence on the topic does not automatically mean that FBT is right.
We'll know in a few weeks.  It will really suck for you if they don't fire Gus before the season is over, I'm sure.  I just don't see that being likely.  Khan signed off on the plan that Caldwell and Bradley presented.  Nobody here knows what the expectations were for this year besides those three men.  Gus will be evaluated based on what happens by the end of this season, and at that point, if he's coming up short, he won't have a job. 

Quote:We'll know in a few weeks.  It will really suck for you if they don't fire Gus before the season is over, I'm sure.  I just don't see that being likely.  Khan signed off on the plan that Caldwell and Bradley presented.  Nobody here knows what the expectations were for this year besides those three men.  Gus will be evaluated based on what happens by the end of this season, and at that point, if he's coming up short, he won't have a job. 
Anyone that can't understand that and continuously argues on a MB screaming for changes to be made based off of their "expert" opinion, to me is dumb.  Paying customer or not, yes i pay, i'll let the men making the decisions and signing the contracts and checks evaluate what was agreed upon and if they feel after this season that there's no progress then we'll see changes.  If they see progress there will be no changes, how hard is that to figure out. 

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Quote:We'll know in a few weeks. It will really suck for you if they don't fire Gus before the season is over, I'm sure. I just don't see that being likely. Khan signed off on the plan that Caldwell and Bradley presented. Nobody here knows what the expectations were for this year besides those three men. Gus will be evaluated based on what happens by the end of this season, and at that point, if he's coming up short, he won't have a job.

In fairness they kind of set the expectations when they laid out the plan... Year 3 and "its built" were their statements.

We are right to be disappointed in the results.
PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Quick question.  Since we're talking about coaching changes, if Sean peyton cant win with Brees as his QB, and he has the same available players that we see and hasn't fixed their roster via trades,etc, what is he going to do with what we have to offer?  i would love to hear this insight.  Also, i think its a majority agreement that Marrone would just be interim if hired, not permanent, but please elaborate on Sean.

Season Tix, Section 409

Quote:In fairness they kind of set the expectations when they laid out the plan... Year 3 and "its built" were their statements.

We are right to be disappointed in the results.
They meant the roster is capable of competing and not getting blown out.  How many teams are "built" in this league right now and how many are average at best record wise starting this season.  I'll wait for your research to see the point im making about this, We have the right to be upset bs.

Season Tix, Section 409

Quote:We'll know in a few weeks.  It will really suck for you if they don't fire Gus before the season is over, I'm sure.
Not really. Marrone is the only real option as an interim head coach, and while I think that the team's situation justifies giving him a look, Khandwell may not. I just spend three hours a week crying into my cereal, then the next 48 hours or so on here raging about how a team with as much talent as ours can keep finding ways to lose. It wasn't like this until the Indy game. Up until the Indy game, I had hope. When the Colts spent three hours trying to give us the game and we kept politely refusing it, I snapped. Bradley is terrible. I'd love to see him fired, and I'd love to see what Marrone can do, because I actually think that Marrone could get more out of this team than Bradley can.

But, you know, at the end of the day, if Marrone limps this team up to 5-11 and is replaced anyway, what have we gained? Really, what would we have gained other than a spot or two on some meaningless ESPN power poll?

There are valid arguments for keeping Bradley through the end of the season. Unfortunately, none of those arguments are, "He's the guy to lead this team back to the playoffs." That, to me, is reason enough to consider letting him go before the season ends. Long before.