Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yahoo Power Rankings

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...15893.html

Quote: 

32. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-4, Last week: 32)

If you score 31 points against the Buccaneers, you have to win, period.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...15893.html

All we had to do was win one winnable game against Indy without Luck or Tampa and we could have avoided this.

We lost both, and we earned this.

Yes, I know Detroit is still winless.

But can anyone say we'd beat Detroit?  Anyone?  Bueller...?  Bueller....?  Bueller...?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

we'll get the usual worthless couple wins that put us out of reach of the first pick but other than that, yeah. Another 3 or 4 win team. Maybe 5 if we overachieve.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 06:08 AM by BritishJag.)

Would having the first pick make any difference though?

Look at the picks before us in Caldwell's drafts

Eric Fisher - no better than Joeckel

Jadeveon Clowney, Greg Robinson - I'd much rather have Bortles than Clowney. We'd just taken Joeckel so Robinson was never going to happen.

Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota - We'd never take a QB here, we had the pick of the non-QB's. Maybe we could have traded down but the tacks tried to trade down from second overall and nobody bit on anything worthwhile.

You might be able to get an extra second and third if you do well trade down inside the top 10. You don't want to trade outside the top 10...

Quote:Would having the first pick make any difference though?

Look at the picks before us in Caldwell's drafts

Eric Fisher - no better than Joeckel

Jadeveon Clowney, Greg Robinson - I'd much rather have Bortles than Clowney. We'd just taken Joeckel so Robinson was never going to happen.

Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota - We'd never take a QB here, we had the pick of the non-QB's. Maybe we could have traded down but the tacks tried to trade down from second overall and nobody bit on anything worthwhile.

You might be able to get an extra second and third if you do well trade down inside the top 10. You don't want to trade outside the top 10...
Actually, the tacks had offers and chose to stay put and select their franchise QB.  The Jets were also rumored to be interested in moving up to our spot at 3 for Fowler. 

32nd place is still too generous. 

Well deserved ranking. Hopefully they can get it together and climb up by the end of the year.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 07:34 AM by BritishJag.)

Quote:Actually, the tacks had offers and chose to stay put and select their franchise QB.  The Jets were also rumored to be interested in moving up to our spot at 3 for Fowler. 
Nobody is giving up the farm these days, the RG3 thing has put an end to that, especially for Winston or Mariota - neither are "home run" players. People are obsessed with the "first pick" but really if you're picking in the top 10-15 the talent level is very similar. The 4 Pro Bowlers from the 2014 class came from picks 12-17. The 2013 class had none in the top 10 but 3 in range 13-20. I know Pro Bowls isn't a great stat but you get the idea.

A lot of people on here don't have a clue about the draft, they just follow the hype trains and cliches. I remember everyone freaking out about us picking Bortles because the analysts didn't have him going to the Jags - they calmed down on day 2 when we grabbed Lee because the analysts had him going in the first round. Which of those picks looks better right now?

Quote:All we had to do was win one winnable game against Indy without Luck or Tampa and we could have avoided this.

We lost both, and we earned this.

Yes, I know Detroit is still winless.

But can anyone say we'd beat Detroit?  Anyone?  Bueller...?  Bueller....?  Bueller...?

What kills me is that these last 2games were games we should have won. We should be 3-2 with the media saying how shocked they are that we are leading the division. But, alas. It was never meant to be.

Quote:Nobody is giving up the farm these days, the RG3 thing has put an end to that, especially for Winston or Mariota - neither are "home run" players. People are obsessed with the "first pick" but really if you're picking in the top 10-15 the talent level is very similar. The 4 Pro Bowlers from the 2014 class came from picks 12-17. The 2013 class had none in the top 10 but 3 in range 13-20. I know Pro Bowls isn't a great stat but you get the idea.

A lot of people on here don't have a clue about the draft, they just follow the hype trains and cliches. I remember everyone freaking out about us picking Bortles because the analysts didn't have him going to the Jags - they calmed down on day 2 when we grabbed Lee because the analysts had him going in the first round. Which of those picks looks better right now?

It is always better to have the top pick. Not just the first round, but it's also nice having pick 33, etc.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:What kills me is that these last 2games were games we should have won. We should be 3-2 with the media saying how shocked they are that we are leading the division. But, alas. It was never meant to be.
I agree completely.  I can see if these teams were flat out better.

If a healthy Luck was playing for Indy against us, I could easily see us losing that game. 

But he didn't play, and a 40 year old QB who hadn't played since 2012 beat us, in part because Myers couldn't make a kick and the defense couldn't resist committing penalties to extend drives.

The defense, and special teams, which had played decently for us this year, abandoned us against Tampa.

Right now, we should be 3-2 and in first place.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:we'll get the usual worthless couple wins that put us out of reach of the first pick but other than that, yeah. Another 3 or 4 win team. Maybe 5 if we overachieve.
too true. I've never witnessed a team do so much to totally make themselves irrelevant as this one has over the last ten years. To be certain, we may win another game or two toward the end of the season if our opponents also happen to be eliminated from the post season by that time; and yes, those pointless garbage wins will be enough to bump us from getting the first pick. That's become standard Jaguar philosophy. Those 'trash' wins do nothing but stoke up the stats for the players and coaches while hurting the teams chances of acquiring better talent to help in the long run. We've had this discussion on this forum many times and it seems pointless to flog that dead horse once again.

Kind'a sad that after all the hype from the franchise that after only five games it's obvious that the team is looking no better now than it has the last two years. Yes, some of the individual players are showing signs of improvement, (bortles, hurns, robinson, etc) but the team as a whole is looking to be on track to finish no better than 4-12 once again. 

You are what your record says you are.

Quote:32nd place is still too generous. 
Cue the "(NCAAF team) could beat Jax" talk.

Then again if you score 20 points let alone 38, you should be able to beat the jags who only average 19 a game

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 11:00 AM by J-Mizzal.)

I still dont think we are bad as our record, if we make a FG and the next game not spot TB a roll in TD on that fumble, we would be 3-2 right now, talk about a game of inches 

And before anybody says what ever we suck

Indy game we held them to 16 points, had a 100 yard rusher, 100 yard WR, 300 yard passer pretty much and out played them in every way outside of missed fg's and penilties, and TB game we had a  300 yard passer with 4 tds which were not garbage time, those stats say you win most of the time

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Cue the "(NCAAF team) could beat Jax" talk.

The worst team in the NFL vs. the college National Champion? That game would draw a huge amount of money. The NCAA and the NFL should work this out.

And while the 2015 Jags aren't bad enough to lose such a game, the 2012 through 2014 teams might have.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I still dont think we are bad as our record, if we make a FG and the next game not spot TB a roll in TD on that fumble, we would be 3-2 right now, talk about a game of inches

Indy game we held them to 16 points, had a 100 yard rusher, 100 yard WR, 300 yard passer pretty much and out played them in every way outside of missed fg's and penilties, and TB game we had a 300 yard passer with 4 tds which were not garbage time, those stats say you win most of the time

Our coaching staff is why we aren't 4-1 right now.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Our coaching staff is why we aren't 4-1 right now.
Now that I can prob agree on, its something holding us back 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:I still dont think we are bad as our record, if we make a FG and the next game not spot TB a roll in TD on that fumble, we would be 3-2 right now, talk about a game of inches 

Indy game we held them to 16 points, had a 100 yard rusher, 100 yard WR, 300 yard passer pretty much and out played them in every way outside of missed fg's and penilties, and TB game we had a  300 yard passer with 4 tds which were not garbage time, those stats say you win most of the time

I mean you can say we held them to 16 points, but alternatively they held us to 13...even with the field goal they held us to 16 which is bad enough to lose to most teams in the league, with only SF averaging less than 16 points per game.