Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
First Democrat Debate on CNN

Quote:But he's gonna give us free whiskey!
If it's the good stuff, he's got my vote.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If it's the good stuff, he's got my vote.
No we've established he has to water it down so there's enough for everyone
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:And make the millionaires and billionaires pay for it!

Well we ain't millionaires bro so where's the beef?

Quote:Well we ain't millionaires bro so where's the beef?

My beef is that I'm close to the number.  I've worked hard to reach that number and I find it offensive when a crusty old guy thinks that I don't deserve it and should pay more.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:No we've established he has to water it down so there's enough for everyone
Damn dirty pinko commie.

So I'm catching up with pre-debate coverage on the DVR, and one of the somewhat-pretty faces on CNN just said that the candidates get "one minute for responses, thirty minutes for rebuttals". Don't say something like that with Bernie Sanders in the room. He'll start reading the phone book to keep anyone else from talking.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 07:16 PM by Kotite.)

Quote:[Image: YOC2xt9.jpg]
Not gonna lie. This made me laugh.

If there's one difference (there are many) between Bernie Sanders and most other old, rich white politicians is Bernie Sanders doesn't want to regulate women's reproductive parts or take away their right to birth control and abortions.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:I'm assuming you meant to say that I was "jealous" rather than "jelly".  When John McCain was running, many on the left talked about him being an "old white guy" and even went so far as to say that he might not even make it though a term.  Kind of "hurts" a bit when the tables are turned doesn't it?

Does this look like a guy to lead us into the next decade?

[Image: 635704919336245232-967016789_Hair.jpg]
I am not hurt in any way. Maybe you were hurt when people spoke poorly of McCain's age but not only did it not hurt me I also did't think the age issue was a relevant one to begin with. Do you?

Quote:Well we ain't millionaires bro so where's the beef?
He's just a couple of tax breaks for the rich away from being one. 

Quote:Not gonna lie. This made me laugh.

If there's one difference (there are many) between Bernie Sanders and most other old, rich white politicians is Bernie Sanders doesn't want to regulate women's reproductive parts or take away their right to birth control and abortions.
Bernie Sanders is also honest and consistent and speaks about issues rather than making attacks on others. Whether you agree or not, one thing that is certain is that he's genuine. The same cannot be said for the vast majority of other politicians. 

Quote:I'm assuming you meant to say that I was "jealous" rather than "jelly".  When John McCain was running, many on the left talked about him being an "old white guy" and even went so far as to say that he might not even make it though a term.  Kind of "hurts" a bit when the tables are turned doesn't it?
As I recall the talk about McCain not making it through a single term was less about his age and more about the big, fat melanoma on the side of his face.

I'm not going to bother trying to dig up political commentary from 2008, but there were plenty of right-wingers talking about Obama not surviving his first term, but for a very different, decidedly less "PC" reason. Of course, you had as much of a problem with speculation on someone's survivability based upon the color of his skin as you did with the speculation based upon someone having cancer, right?

McCain's age would have been much less of an issue if he had chosen a better running mate.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 07:56 PM by EricC85.)

Quote:My beef is that I'm close to the number. I've worked hard to reach that number and I find it offensive when a crusty old guy thinks that I don't deserve it and should pay more.
Really? I've never met a millionaire at least not that I'm aware. I was just joking but to me a millionaire was always the mythical unicorn no one every really becomes a millionaire it was something you had to be born into.

Now I know people that have businesses who have recieved millions but that's not all profit nor the same as being a millionaire, your a millionaire when you got 1,000,000 sitting in an account and nothing to spend it on, if that's you congrats man! Can I get 100 bucks? Lol just joking .....kinda....

Here we go. I've got my cheap whiskey out for this one.

Quote:Here we go. I've got my cheap whiskey out for this one.
Can I get some water with that?

Megyn Kelly > this lady

The only reason I even watched the Republican debate was because I knew it would be hilarious... which it was...not really a reason to watch this, but I'll see how long it can hold my interest. 

Quote:Can I get some water with that?
You damn dirty pinko commie monster.

Quote:Megyn Kelly > this lady
Megyn Kelly > most 40-somethings

Sheryl Crow sounds like she had some Lance Armstrong surgery with that falsetto, know what I'm saying?

I doubt I will even make it to the end of this "debate".

Bernie looks like a wild-looking Warren Buffett.

Quote:I doubt I will even make it to the end of this "debate".

Bernie looks like a wild-looking Warren Buffett.
Take a shot every time Bernie's hair flies around like he stuck his finger in an outlet.