Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Next 3 Games...

The next 3 games will tell a lot about this team. I don't want them to just barely win, i want real progress. Like 21 pts per game.

Results so far:

Panthers 20 Jaguars 9 defense did its job.
Jaguars 23 Dolphins 20 defense holds again, O scores and we win.
Patriots 51 Jaguars 17 I never thought they were on patriots level, game imo is an anomaly.
Colts 16 Jaguars 13 defense held again, O failed to score and kicker had a bad game.

If we average 21 pts over the next 3 games vs Buccaneers, Texans and Bills, the Jags will then show us the fans they belong. 21pts might win all 3 games. 21 pts is not asking much.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The next 3 games will tell a lot about this team. I don't want them to just barely win, i want real progress. Like 21 pts per game.

Results so far:

Patriots 51 Jaguars 17 I never thought they were on patriots level, game imo is an anomaly.
Colts 16 Jaguars 13 defense held again, O failed to score and kicker had a bad game.

If we average 21 pts over the next 3 games vs Buccaneers, Texans and Bills, the Jags will then show us the fans they belong. 21pts might win all 3 games. 21 pts is not asking much.

The Colts, with a healthy Andrew Luck, was only able to score 14 points on the Bills defense. There's no way with the way this team is playing offense we're going to get anywhere near 21 points.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:The Colts, with a healthy Andrew Luck, was only able to score 14 points on the Bills defense. There's no way with the way this team is playing offense we're going to get anywhere near 21 points.

Especially when our best OLineman goes on IR. Their front 4 are the best in football.

Quote:Especially when our best OLineman goes on IR. Their front 4 are the best in football.

Add to the fact that the game is in London. This one could get ugly.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:The next 3 games will tell a lot about this team. I don't want them to just barely win, i want real progress. Like 21 pts per game.

Results so far:

The Jaguars average 15 points a game among those four games and you expect them to now avg 6 points more... reasonable request but it probably wont happen unless Julius Thomas is back this week against the Colts.

Quote:The Jaguars average 15 points a game among those four games and you expect them to now avg 6 points more... reasonable request but it probably wont happen unless Julius Thomas is back this week against the Colts.
Expect? No. I just want. 1 more td per game doesn't change much, we'd be 2-2 still would lose to Panthers and patriots. But I would feel more comfortable that progress is being made.

Results so far:

IF THE JAGUARS CAN AVERAGE MORE POINTS OVER THESE THREE GAMES THAN THEY HAVE THROUGH THE PREVIOUS 36 GAMES COLLECTIVELY, WE SHOULD WIN GUYS

I MEAN, WHEN THE TEAM HAS AVERAGED 15.5 OVER A 3 YEAR SPAN, AN EXTRA TD A GAME ISN'T ASKING FOR MUCH, RIGHT?

Well, technically you're right, that's a pretty low bar. And yet, we haven't EVER exceeded expectations. It aint happenin'. The math isn't there.

Quote:Add to the fact that the game is in London. This one could get ugly.

Honestly being in London could be helpful because of jet lag and stuff. We've been over there a few times and know how to handle the whole experience but the bills are not experienced with it. Could give us a pseudo home field advantage. That being said I don't expect us to win. Just don't think it will make it worse being at wembley.

Quote:Honestly being in London could be helpful because of jet lag and stuff. We've been over there a few times and know how to handle the whole experience but the bills are not experienced with it. Could give us a pseudo home field advantage. That being said I don't expect us to win. Just don't think it will make it worse being at wembley.
We knew how to handle it last year.... we handled our way into a blowout loss

Quote:I MEAN, WHEN THE TEAM HAS AVERAGED 15.5 OVER A 3 YEAR SPAN, AN EXTRA TD A GAME ISN'T ASKING FOR MUCH, RIGHT?

Well, technically you're right, that's a pretty low bar. And yet, we haven't EVER exceeded expectations. It aint happenin'. The math isn't there.

I always wonder why you continue to go out of your way to post on the forums when you seem so upset about it all the time. Can't be enjoyable for you.

Quote:Honestly being in London could be helpful because of jet lag and stuff. We've been over there a few times and know how to handle the whole experience but the bills are not experienced with it. Could give us a pseudo home field advantage. That being said I don't expect us to win. Just don't think it will make it worse being at wembley.

The Cowboys had never played there before last year and it didn't stop them from smoking our heads. The teams arrive there early enough to get over the jet lag. I'm basing my opinion solely on how these 2 teams have played so far this year.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:The Cowboys had never played there before last year and it didn't stop them from smoking our heads. The teams arrive there early enough to get over the jet lag. I'm basing my opinion solely on how these 2 teams have played so far this year.

Yeah I get it. I never said we would win I'm just saying I don't think London is any disadvantage as you were alluding to. If anything it's a slight advantage.

Quote:Yeah I get it. I never said we would win I'm just saying I don't think London is any disadvantage as you were alluding to. If anything it's a slight advantage.

I respect your opinion, but we've been out scored 73-27 in London. I don't see playing there as an advantage for us whatsoever.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:The Jaguars average 15 points a game among those four games and you expect them to now avg 6 points more... reasonable request but it probably wont happen unless Julius Thomas is back this week against the Colts.

Do you mean "this week against the Buccaneers"? We played against the Colts last weekend.

I am not sure if he is expected to play in Tampa. What is his status?

Quote:IF THE JAGUARS CAN AVERAGE MORE POINTS OVER THESE THREE GAMES THAN THEY HAVE THROUGH THE PREVIOUS 36 GAMES COLLECTIVELY, WE SHOULD WIN GUYS

I didn't say they should win. They will probably lose even if.... big if they can increase PPG. I just want to see an adjustment from this staff to increase scoring. Not asking much.... right?

I'm sure all 3 teams are glad they are playing us.

Quote:I MEAN, WHEN THE TEAM HAS AVERAGED 15.5 OVER A 3 YEAR SPAN, AN EXTRA TD A GAME ISN'T ASKING FOR MUCH, RIGHT?

Well, technically you're right, that's a pretty low bar. And yet, we haven't EVER exceeded expectations. It isn't happening. The math isn't there.

Of course it depends on what your expectations are. If you set the bar high, of course we won't exceed expectations. For me, it depends on the player: higher for the wide receivers than the running backs, for example.

Jags will only get 2 out of the 3 hopefully