Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Do You approve of Gus Bradley's job as head coach?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

The Official Post Week 4 Approval Poll

have at it

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nah, it's already been beaten to death.

[Image: Rcq3mv1.jpg]

HE'S "CONFUSED WHY WE AREN'T WINNING CLOSE GAMES" and "PROUD TO BE PART OF" a bad loss.

HOW DOES THIS GUY HAVE ANY CREDIBILITY? ANY?

Anyone who voted Yes for approving of Gus as coach still. I got some timeshares I'd like to share with u...

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Hey, Gus says this was a better game to watch at home than last week's. Well, you heard it guys, that's the standard apparently. Just don't lose by 30+

I mean they may need to fire him just to stop him from saying more stupid stuff. These have to be two of the worst press conferences I've ever seen. "Well, you're right, we probably should hold guys accountable for the multiple penalties in-drive". "Great game to be a part of." "This game was certainly more watchable for the fans"." "I'm confused too."

The 2 yes' are kahhrn an JagsGooner

Quote:Nah, it's already been beaten to death.
Just like the jags...

ZING

Gus is a 25% guy. He can lose 3 ways and win 1 way.

1/4 lose with No Defense

1/4 lose with No Offense

1/4 lose with No Special Teams.

1/4 win by pure luck.

Adios Gus... your days are numbered on Shad's desk calendar.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Hey, Gus says this was a better game to watch at home than last week's. Well, you heard it guys, that's the standard apparently. Just don't lose by 30+
Well I do agree with that... Im very glad our D didnt let us get blown away, more so against a weaker team than the Pats. Would have been far worse if the colts had their way with us. Does suck we lost of course, but could have been far worse. But some people dont either care or even realize that aspect.

Quote:I mean they may need to fire him just to stop him from saying more stupid stuff. These have to be two of the worst press conferences I've ever seen. "Well, you're right, we probably should hold guys accountable for the multiple penalties in-drive". "Great game to be a part of." "This game was certainly more watchable for the fans"." "I'm confused too."
ha ha ha excellent point.  

It's not about whether we will win more games without Gus, but we're all winners if we don't have to listen to his bull crap comments after each humiliating loss. 

Quote:Well I do agree with that... Im very glad our D didnt let us get blown away, more so against a weaker team than the Pats. Would have been far worse if the colts had their way with us. Does suck we lost of course, but could have been far worse. But some people dont either care or even realize that aspect.

Some people think that we should go out and win every game by 40+ points every week.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Some people think that we should go out and win every game by 40+ points every week.
Hell, I'd be happy if they could score half of 40 points every week....

Wake up 

Quote:Hell, I'd be happy if they could score half of 40 points every week....

Wake up 

Your whining is actually putting me to sleep.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Your whining is actually putting me to sleep.
15.5 [BLEEP] points dude. 

Here's the thing too: The postgame stuff is bad enough. The other thing nobody is talking about is his demeanor with players. Marcedes Lewis was quoted at the start of his tenure as saying "he's so outgoing and hyped, it's almost hard to believe it's real". That, to me, was telling. These guys are adults, they aren't dumb. I'm quite sure there are plenty of guys who see it as over the top and insincere. 

i'm not saying it's fake, but if we are questioning it, and Marcedes is questioning it, you can bet there are a lot of other guys on that roster who are thinking it as well. 

Here's the main reason I could see Caldwell keeping Gus through the end of the year. If this doesn't improve, Gus is gone no matter what. But if he puts Marrone in place as interim HC, and he can't get more out of the roster, then what does Khan do with Dave?

Dave Caldwell about to go into save your own [BLEEP]-mode

Quote:Here's the main reason I could see Caldwell keeping Gus through the end of the year. If this doesn't improve, Gus is gone no matter what. But if he puts Marrone in place as interim HC, and he can't get more out of the roster, then what does Khan do with Dave?

Dave Caldwell about to go into save your own [BAD WORD REMOVED]-mode

That or Marrone actually starts winning games somehow and then Caldwell would have to make the decision on whether to keep a guy he didn't hire for the job or firing him and finding someone else who may or may not do a better job.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:That or Marrone actually starts winning games somehow and then Caldwell would have to make the decision on whether to keep a guy he didn't hire for the job or firing him and finding someone else who may or may not do a better job.
Yeah.... the risk is what will happen if this turns into another 3 win season. 

5-6 wins is still pretty bad..... 3 wins almost implies that it's more than just a coaching issue, and I'm not sure dave would survive that. Not after the "It's Built" press conference.