Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Philbin Fired

Our next win against Tampa will result in Lovie being fired

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I just saw this pop up from NFL.com.

Man, he just couldn't get things straight.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Our next win against Tampa will result in Lovie being fired
1. You presume we'll win.

2. Lovie's safe. He's in year two of a gut-job with a rookie QB to build upon.

Quote:1. You presume we'll win.

2. Lovie's safe. He's in year two of a gut-job with a rookie QB to build upon.
We don't have to win. The Bucs will beat themselves.

It's going to be surprising to see the quick turnaround for Miami while we stick with Gus Badley

They just fired their HC.  Where is the Jaguars announcement?

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 12:45 PM by JaguarsWoman.)

Here is the story on NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...oe-philbin

Quote:<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">The Dolphins have fired coach Joe Philbin, the team announced Monday. The Philbin era is over after 24 wins, 28 losses, no playoff appearances, and one improbable contract extension at the end of last season.

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);"> 

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">Tight ends coach Dan Campbell is the presumptive favorite to become the Dolphins' interim head coach, NFL Media's Rand Getlin reported, per a source. Getlin added that Dolphins players have a strong affinity for Campbell and that they would welcome the change.
<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);"> 

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">Basically the players were losing respect for their coach and turning against him. When that happens, it is time to move on to the next guy.

We'll announce it once all the good replacement candidates are taken

That's the franchise we should try to emulate right?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

They had incredibly different expectations of their team! I understand where you're coming from though both Philbin and Bradley have seemingly kept their respective teams in stalemate over the last couple years. I have a feeling that the Gus bus is backing out of Jacksonville soon. He has been amazingly ineffective.

I remember when people wanted Philbin here.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Philbin was in year 4, on a team that did not do a complete rebuild, a year in which many expected the Phins to "make some noise" in the AFCE and the D took a nosedive this year.

Gus is in year 3. and no one expected more than 6-8 wins.

There are plenty of games left for Gus to reach that 6-8 win zone.

Explain to me the benefit of firing a coach mid-season? If we are firing him it means we think the season is over anyway. What's the point? Is it just to get a quicker jump on the candidates? We can't talk to other coaches from other teams until the season/playoffs are over anyway.

I say let the season ride out. Who knows, maybe once we get some guys healthy his game plan will kick in and we'll be begging him to stay.

Joe philbin couldnt meet high expectations... Gus cant even meet the lowesr of expectations

Quote:They just fired their HC.  Where is the Jaguars announcement?
Dolphins were expected to be a Playoff team this year, we were not

Plus like I said in the other thread, we still only loss to 3 playoff teams from a year ago, and were expected to be 1-3 at this point

If we start lossing to Tampa bay, Tenn, Houston, somebody will be fired

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

And Gus would have to win 16 straight to match his record.

Quote:Joe philbin couldnt meet high expectations... Gus cant even meet the lowesr of expectations
so.... after 4 games you expected the Jags to be .500 or better?

Honestly?

It would benefit us because we could put a coach that has more wins in one year then Gus does in 2.25

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Quote:Explain to me the benefit of firing a coach mid-season? If we are firing him it means we think the season is over anyway. What's the point? Is it just to get a quicker jump on the candidates? We can't talk to other coaches from other teams until the season/playoffs are over anyway.

I say let the season ride out. Who knows, maybe once we get some guys healthy his game plan will kick in and we'll be begging him to stay.
Hell no, if you know you arent gonna keep him after the season, make an example of him

Quote:Dolphins were expected to be a Playoff team this year, we were not

Plus like I said in the other thread, we still only loss to 3 playoff teams from a year ago, and were expected to be 1-3 at this point

If we start lossing to Tampa bay, Tenn, Houston, somebody will be fired
We were expected to beat a team with a 40 year old backup qb tho.

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Hey guys, 8-28 is better than we expected -- Bradwell