Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Whats with the Pass Rush?

I just dont get it. We continue to play with this vanilla scheme. The Colts have one of the worst olines in the league and we hardly got pressure. I know Marks is out but regardless we have to do better than this.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

#gusbradley

They blitzed some and did some line twists.   Get this, other teams adjust.  They ended up picking up the twist late in the game.  Call me crazy but teams can adjust their plays and strategies.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

we kept doing the same line game where Clemons would wrap around and come inside the guard

the same danggone one

Quote:we kept doing the same line game where Clemons would wrap around and come inside the guard

the same danggone one
I wonder how they ever figured out how to pick it up?

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:we kept doing the same line game where Clemons would wrap around and come inside the guard

the same danggone one

Yup, its embarrassing. Its like the coaches dont know what to do.

the same danggone one

Seriously, every 3rd down it was the exact same stunt move for Clemons.

I think the commentators even brought it up. And if they are picking up on it, what do you think the other team is doing...
60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

We haven't had one since Tony Brackens was here. That's where it is.

consistently, yes, with TBrack, but even guys like Bobby McCray provided more pass rush

Quote:Seriously, every 3rd down it was the exact same stunt move for Clemons.

I think the commentators even brought it up. And if they are picking up on it, what do you think the other team is doing...

They did and even showed it each time it'd happen. 

Seems like a recurring theme that even commentators point out coaches poor decisions over the last few games.

Not a single guy can consistently win 1v1 so the team starts running the stunts and blitzes a little more. The colts adjusted to the games and because the Jags dline can't win 1v1....Game Over.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

I mean we are missing two significant contributors to our pass rush. It's not as though DC has been blind to it, we just got unlucky with Fowler's injury

We have a pass rush? Those things exist?

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 12:01 PM by knarnn.)

There was a reason they drafted Fowler. You're seeing first hand what that reason is.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

If Fowler is what we thought he was, we could improve exponentially next year under the right coaching staff.

Hurts when your best pass rusher only plays 17 snaps...

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/651055297537019905' title="11:24 AM - 5 Oct 2015">46m46 minutes ago</a>
<p class="" style="font-size:26px;color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Ryan Davis -- 17 of 79 snaps against Colts (1 1/2 sacks). Behoove <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a> to get him on the field more, right?

Quote:Hurts when your best pass rusher only plays 17 snaps...

<span style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@
ryanohalloran
</a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/651055297537019905'>46m46 minutes ago</a></span></span><span style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">

Ryan Davis -- 17 of 79 snaps against Colts (1 1/2 sacks). Behoove <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'><span style="color:rgb(102,181,210);">#

Jaguars</a> to get him on the field more, right?
</span></span>

I'm guessing they think he's better as a situational or rotation guy but that number of snaps is not enough.

This coaching makes me sick.

Quote:If Fowler is what we thought he was, we could improve exponentially next year under the right coaching staff.

I agree.

This team could quite easily compete for and win this awful division with better coaching.

Hell, they could do that THIS year with better coaching.

Quote:There was a reason they drafted Fowler. You're seeing first hand what that reason is.
But we should have drafted Cooper /s

We have 2 WRs who are on pace for 100 yards, but no pass rush, Fowler was the right pick 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Babich is terrible. I would like to see what would happen if Gus took over calling defensive plays. He did great in Seattle, sometime teams need that little suddle change.

Our defense never seems to improve just stays at a flat line even with more talent. That's coaching and scheme if you ask me. Be a head coach and make the right choice. Call the defensive plays.