Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I can't believe what I'm reading.

Quote:Still, you can't go 12-4 in your 3rd year and not be a competent coach. Gus Bradley will have del Rio's 3rd year losses by next week. 1-4 here we come.

Yep, and JDR had to face Peyton Manning in his prime while Gus gets to face a 40 yr old Matt Hassleback who hasn't taken a meaningful snap in a while.

I believe that if JDR was the HC of the Jags in today's Sundays game, he would have found a way to get the Jags a win. It's just what i believe, but unfortunately we will never know.

He might not have beaten Luck, but I do think he could have found a way to beat Hassleback.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Pretty sure 5-11. Right now Gus could not sniff that.

So JDRs worst season as Jags HC was 5-11 and back then the AFCS wasn't the worst division in football, like it is today.

If Gus goes 5-11 he will probably get an extension, but it got JDR fired.

Times sure have changed haven't they?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Most of you are very disappointing. People are actually calling to have everyone fired??!! This is the year that we will see growth. It has only been 4 games. I'm positive the wins are coming. We just faced 3 playoff teams including the super bowl champs. Take a deep breath and relax. Gus is getting this young team in order. The game was close and we had multiple times to win. That in its self is proof of improvement. Go Jags!!
What will you say if and when we probably lose to Tampa???  Will you still say getting in order.

Quote:What will you say if and when we probably lose to Tampa??? Will you still say getting in order.

I understand that this is a learning opportunity and the young team will take advantage of it. Just look at how well Blake played in the first half. Color me optimistic and impressed! Now we just have to play 3 quarters then 4. It's coming.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 08:41 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:3 more winning seasons than the Gustler.

Quote:Maybe so, but Gus is averaging 3 wins a season for his 2 years and this year isn't looking any different yet, although there is still plenty of games for him to improve on that 3 win average, but can he really do it?

JDR actually had a 12 win season and made the playoffs a couple of times.

What was JDRs worst season, record-wise, while he was here?

You have both been around long enough to see my stance on both coaches. I would never pretend either of them are the answer at HC or that Gus is better than JDR.

I am also not saying that if Gus was given as long of a tenure as JDR was by an over loyal owner, he wouldn't become a better coach than he is now. Del Rio has the luxury of 9 years of failure and little success to lean on in his new job. I think that is pretty significant and why I am not surprised he is doing well so far.

Times have changed in the NFL. People expect to win now and aren't given 9 year runs like Del Rio was nor should they.

Edit: About the over loyal owner, it was a blessing and a curse because the team is still in Jacksonville because of that flaw.

We're bad mmkay

Quote:We're bad mmkay
Ugh. So sad that I have to agree, once again... for the 8th season in a row.

We did get through the toughest stretch of the season and still only 1 game behind the Colts.  They still have to come to Jax and they still have to play New England.  We blew a real chance to take control of the division but it's a long season.

Quote:We did get through the toughest stretch of the season and still only 1 game behind the Colts.  They still have to come to Jax and they still have to play New England.  We blew a real chance to take control of the division but it's a long season.

I'm sorry, but with the way this team is playing, the toughest stretch of the season is the first 16 games.

Quote:We did get through the toughest stretch of the season and still only 1 game behind the Colts.  They still have to come to Jax and they still have to play New England.  We blew a real chance to take control of the division but it's a long season.
We lost to Matt Hasselbeck... Yeah, it's going to be a loooong season alright. We aren't going to win more than 5.

At this point. I dont see how we can win any game besides tampa. so (maybe) 2-14 and "we saw some good things" is what we have to look forward too as it stands now

Quote:We did get through the toughest stretch of the season and still only 1 game behind the Colts. They still have to come to Jax and they still have to play New England. We blew a real chance to take control of the division but it's a long season.

Honestly, this is what makes me believe the NFL should seriously change the playoff format to at least a re-seeding after all teams have clinched.

A team from this pitiful division is going to get a playoff spot with around a .500 record (if not lower).

It'll happen this year. It happened last year. It happened out in the NFCW nor too long ago. This is becoming a consistent issue.

Look, I'm all for keeping a division winner into the playoffs. But, if that team wins a garbage division with 8-8 or lower, they should be going on the road vs a wildcard team that is 10-6 or better. That really is like punishing the wildcard team for having a much better season than the garbage division squad.

You're right. It's a long season, and this AFCS is total crap. If the Colts continue struggling, who knows what may happen. Whoever it is shouldn't be rewarded with any homefield advantage. They should be forced to go be playoff fodder to a team that was, you know, actually competitive throughout the season.

**Sry, this post isn't aimed at you. Just my vent/rant against the ridiculousness of this division.**

Quote:Most of you are very disappointing. People are actually calling to have everyone fired??!! This is the year that we will see growth. It has only been 4 games. I'm positive the wins are coming. We just faced 3 playoff teams including the super bowl champs. Take a deep breath and relax. Gus is getting this young team in order. The game was close and we had multiple times to win. That in its self is proof of improvement. Go Jags!!
I sincerely agree to the disappiontment statement to which you refer. We as fans must not wear our feelings on our sleves while making Knee Jerking comments. Yes this and the other two games are disapointing, but remember that we're the youngest NFL team and we are simply finding our way...

The Wins Will Come, and they will come soon. Be Patient Jaguar Fans...

NH3...

"AZANE"

Quote:Honestly, this is what makes me believe the NFL should seriously change the playoff format to at least a re-seeding after all teams have clinched.

A team from this pitiful division is going to get a playoff spot with around a .500 record (if not lower).

It'll happen this year. It happened last year. It happened out in the NFCW nor too long ago. This is becoming a consistent issue.

Look, I'm all for keeping a division winner into the playoffs. But, if that team wins a garbage division with 8-8 or lower, they should be going on the road vs a wildcard team that is 10-6 or better. That really is like punishing the wildcard team for having a much better season than the garbage division squad.

You're right. It's a long season, and this AFCS is total crap. If the Colts continue struggling, who knows what may happen. Whoever it is shouldn't be rewarded with any homefield advantage. They should be forced to go be playoff fodder to a team that was, you know, actually competitive throughout the season.

**Sry, this post isn't aimed at you. Just my vent/rant against the ridiculousness of this division.**

I disagree. You should be rewarded for winning your division. The minute that changes, they should just get rid of divisions and only use conferences.

You're right. We're playing playoff caliber teams and getting beat. Which says we're not ready for the playoffs which is unacceptable. Not to mention we got beat today without Luck on the field.

Quote:I sincerely agree to the disappiontment statement to which you refer. We as fans must not wear our feelings on our sleves while making Knee Jerking comments. Yes this and the other two games are disapointing, but remember that we're the youngest NFL team and we are simply finding our way...

The Wins Will Come, and they will come soon. Be Patient Jaguar Fans...

NH3...
To be fair, I've been patient long enough. I'm tired of the promises. This team, really is no better than Year 1 and you can't convince me otherwise. I've watched EVERY SINGLE DOWN and there are times of hope i'll agree, but there is no reason why we couldn't have went into the BYE week at 4-3 and 2-0 in the AFCS. We could've won this division at 7-9. With the way this team plays, now they will be lucky to win 4 games all year and that's being way to hopeful. I bought into the hype and the promises and the "Its Built' campaign. It is built all right.. built to suck for decades.

Also, we deserve more. I wear my emotions on my sleeve because I genuinely care WAYYYYY too much about this team. As I said in a previous thread, I have not enjoyed a football game in 6 years. At least most of you can coddle and complain with friends in person,in Jacksonville, who root for the same team. The only time I can express my emotions to anyone who remotely cares is on this board, because we all root for the Jaguars, but where I live, i'm LITERALLY the only one. 

• Ravens @ Steelers 2002 (PIT 34-31)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2009 (TEN 30-13)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2012 (TEN 38- 20)
  • Colts @ Jaguars 2013 (IND 37-3)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2014 (TEN 16-14)
  • Panthers @ Jaguars 2015 (CAR 20-9)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2015 (TEN 42-39)

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 09:52 PM by jagherd.)

Quote:I disagree. You should be rewarded for winning your division. The minute that changes, they should just get rid of divisions and only use conferences.
Keep division winners as playoff clinchers. It probably wouldn't affect anything but a wildcard round.

Example:

Division winners

Pats 13-3

Broncos 12-4

Bengals 11-5

clots 9-7

Wildcards

Steelers 11-5

Chargers 10-6

In this example,,

- Pats and Broncos still get byes and home games

-Chargers (last wild card) still goes to Cincy

-Pitt (11-5) hosts clots (9-7)

Wildcard round winners still go to play the bye week teams.

Really, I don't see how it changes much. Division winners still get in,, but scrub division winners go on the road wildcard weekend.

Let me just ask......

Can anybody predict the future and tell what would make this team better?

1.What does firing Gus Bradley do   

A. Eliminates 1 person to blame.

2. Who will you blame when Bradley is gone?

A. Caldwell. Then who?

3.. I thought the whole board said Blake Bortles was a bust and he needs to be replaced too.

A. I guess a player can have a bad game after all.

4. Its the end of the season and we havent improved. Whats the deal?

A. Wait, its only week 5. Yall bad.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Eventually the donkey realizes that its not even a real carrot at the end of the stick you keep dangling in front of him and simply gives up all hope.

I think that is where many Jaguar fans are after watching yet another horrible performance after the Colts did everything except run back into their own endzone trying to let the Jaguars win this game.

Quote:We lost to a 40 year old backup quarterback. Nothing is changing man.
I'm a Colts fan, and I hear ya. The Colts should have lost. However, the jags wanted to lose more...... entertaining if you're not a fan of either. Thank god there is no rankings in the NFL. A win is a win.

But Jags fans finally have a real QB. I was impressed with Bortles. He's gonna be real good. He made many impressive throws.