Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Defense

Okay, so enough about the offense and play-calling. Let's talk about this sorry excuse for a defense.

1. Colts O-Line may be the worst in the league, but not against the Jags. 

2. Soft Zone Defense allowed Hasselbeck to throw for almost 300 yards and a TD.

3. Still can't cover TE's and Coby Fleener burned Telvin Smith... Wow, kill me.

4. Penalties, penalties, penalties, penalties... Can we play smart and not play like morons? Talking to you, Sample...

5. Can we wrap up the QB instead of trying to grab the ball? No, lets let him dump it off before we do that.

What can we do about this pass rush? It's not even getting past the LOS most of the time!!!

Players that showed up to play on defense: 

Josh Evans

Davon House

Dan Skuta

Aaron Colvin

Jonathan Cyprien (Thought he played really solid. Gets a lot of flack usually, give him some credit.)

Only 5/11+ players showing up? Gus Bradley known for superior defenses? HA! What a joke...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Meh, defense hasn't been too bad in my opinion. When they blitzed that had success. Minus the Pats they have held their competition to modest scores and allowed the offense to win games. 

It's bad when the offense scores 3 points in the second half...AGAIN

The penalties on defense though...WOW.  Undisciplined 

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

The defense only surrendered 16 points. If someone told me they could keep a team to that every game I'd take it. 

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 07:19 PM by Sosa.)

Quote:Meh, defense hasn't been too bad in my opinion. When they blitzed that had success. Minus the Pats they have held their competition to modest scores and allowed the offense to win games. 
They gave our offense multiple opportoony's late in the game, but those penalties gave them a free TD. They should be crushing that offensive line and making Hasselbeck scared to hold the ball for more than 3 seconds. I guess we aren't good enough to do that though... We don't have the Bills defense.

Also, Telvin getting burned by Fleener just put icing on the cake.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They gave our offense multiple opportoony's late in the game, but those penalties gave them a free TD. They should be crushing that offensive line and making Hasselbeck scared to hold the ball for more than 3 seconds. I guess we aren't good enough to do that though... We don't have the Bills defense.

But even if they held the Colts to 9 and won 13-9, the Colts are a bad defense and are missing multiple starters. Why can our offense not rack up the points against that while other teams like the Bills and Titans can? This team is failed because of the offense and it isn't going to get better.

Quote:But even if they held the Colts to 9 and won 13-9, the Colts are a bad defense and are missing multiple starters. Why can our offense not rack up the points against that while other teams like the Bills and Titans can? This team is failed because of the offense and it isn't going to get better.
Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm just upset about the pass-rush and giving them too much time. It just seems like every snap, the offense has 8 seconds to throw and just dots us up over the middle for a gain of 20+...

Bring back Del Rio. He is a defensive minded coach and it showed. He just had a bad GM to work with. Under Dave he would do great here.

Problem with gus is that he had play makers on his defensive line in Seattle. But when he left the Seahawks hmm they didn't lose a step that year. So iam wondering was it Gus's defense or did Pete ran the whole team and Gus was nothing but a figure head. Why would Pete get rid of gus of he was a defense guru?

This can drive u nuts.