Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
On the bright side..

Quote:400+ yards again

300 yard passer (pretty much, 298)

100 yard reciever (almost 2, ARob 80 yards)

100 yard rusher

+2 turnovers

Those numbers are great, I think we'd all take that every week. I just don't understand how you don't win with those numbers.

Trying to look at those positives and see the growth and potential this offense has, but this loss just crushed me.
simple; we moved the ball up and down the field, but we failed to put it in the end zone enough. 1 touchdown, an extra point, and 2 field goals will seldom beat the dolts, even without luck playing. And blowing not one, but three game winning field goals in overtime??? unforgivable. When the dolts called time out on that first attempt it was obvious that myers was going to blow it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My head is spinning. My heart is aching.

My head keeps telling me that this team is young but after this game, I no longer listen. It is true that the team is young but if the coaching staff gives them a chance to win, they would. 

NFL is "not for long". You just simply don't have any room to make mistakes. Gus certainly made too many mistakes in assembling his incompetent staff. He may learn from mistake and be successful somewhere else but it doesn't look like it is going to work here.

It is their chance to make a statement and they just blew it, big time.

Quote:Actually no. I just don't think he's the only one at fault. Both need to go.
I assume you mean Dave when you say both need to go?

It is hard for me to lay a lot of blame on Dave. It is up to the coach to develop the players and recognize what they excel at and put them in a position to succeed. Whether that be designing plays or coming up with certain schemes to get them involved. Every year we have seen first year players and have said "hes gonna be real good with a year under his belt" but they always seem to take a step back. I blame that on coaching and only coaching. I think there is a lot of talent on this team. 

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2015, 06:36 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:SpeedyG thinks Gus is the answer

Gus IS the answer if the question is: who is going to be the first person fired if this dumpster fired called the Jacksonville Jaguars continues to burn out of control?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:now, now. I know we all need a forum to vent our frustrations after blowing what (surprisingly) appeared to be a winnable game. Still... let's keep some perspective; the bucs game is probably a more winnable game than this one was. At this point I had us not winning our first game until we play the bucs. So as far as I'm concerned, we're actually a little ahead of my low, low, expectations.

This is not to say that the abomination that took place in Indy today is forgivable. The penalties. That was a mockery of a professional football team wearing Jaguar jerseys in our secondary today. But then, when you have a bunch of scrubs playing, that's what it turns into.

The problem is, you have to adjust your expectations. This is why "pre-season" rankings are often wrong. Yes, most of us had us going 1-3 at this point. But if we knew that Luck was going to be out for this game (like if he was suspended or injured), I think most of us would have changed our prediction to 2-2.

Also, we scored 13 points against this bad Colts defense. Looking at the first 4 games now, don't you think our pre-season expectations should also change regarding how we view the Jets/Bills game? I think most of us had those two games very winnable in the off-season as well. Now? Those two teams defense have legit shot at shutting this offense down...hard.

We need a coach that shows anger every now and then!

Quote:We have scored 20 total points in 8 second half quarters.

Thats just WOW!

Quote:Thats just WOW!

Keep in mind 14 of those we're against prevent defense against the Pats.

Terrible, terrible offense. Terrible.

Hurns played well today. But 13 points against a bad defense is not a bright side.

Quote:Also, we scored 13 points against this bad Colts defense. Looking at the first 4 games now, don't you think our pre-season expectations should also change regarding how we view the Jets/Bills game? I think most of us had those two games very winnable in the off-season as well. Now? Those two teams defense have legit shot at shutting this offense down...hard.

Yes, the Jets and Bills will likely both do unmentionable things to Blake.

Quote:I assume you mean Dave when you say both need to go?

It is hard for me to lay a lot of blame on Dave. It is up to the coach to develop the players and recognize what they excel at and put them in a position to succeed. Whether that be designing plays or coming up with certain schemes to get them involved. Every year we have seen first year players and have said "hes gonna be real good with a year under his belt" but they always seem to take a step back. I blame that on coaching and only coaching. I think there is a lot of talent on this team. 

Luke Joeckel - injured for most of his years and been very inconsistent. Is this Gus' fault?

Cyp - inconsistent, and has been hurt as well. Gus' fault?

Blake - inconsistent. Rookie year was a mess, when he played with three rookie WRs, two rookie OL, and a LT back from off-season rehab. Is this Gus' fault?

Lee - enough said

ARob - flashes potential. Maybe we can help him out some more. We'll know more when Julius comes back.

Fowler - injured

Yeldon - he's OK. Wouldn't say he's superstar, but good enough

Gerhart - our "bell cow" lol

Beadles - average

Marks - a bust in Tennessee, but excelled here. IMO, this is a "hit" for both Gus and Dave. Dave obviously took the chance, but Marks has been very open in crediting Gus (or at the very least, Gus' system) to allow Marks to play to his penetrating abilities as opposed to what he did in Tenn. Of course, he's also hurt this season.

Odrick - the new Alualu. Solid, but not spectacular.

House - he has been tested a bit. Sometimes he wins, sometimes he loses. Just Ok

Julius - injured

So these are the top players that Dave has brought in with his 1st/2nd rounders and big free-agents. These guys are supposed to be our cores, and instead you have an injured and inconsistent mess.

On the bright side I am positive I would like to see Gus as head coach for another team, preferrably in the AFCS.

How's that?

I will add that Dave has done a great job with his later picks. Linder, Colvin, Bowanko, Telvin, McCray. For where we got these guys? Great selections. But none of them are stars (perhaps exception of Linder, if you can count a RG a star). Unless Dave's early picks and really high prize free-agent just provides a spark when they get healthy or adjust to this team, Dave is as big a culprit for this mess as far as I'm concerned.

And while as a GM you can't foresee injury (with the exception of Lee, who already had an injury history in college) nonetheless...you can't have a 3 year rebuild and not come out with one legit playmaker.

Quote:Luke Joeckel - injured for most of his years and been very inconsistent. Is this Gus' fault?

Cyp - inconsistent, and has been hurt as well. Gus' fault?

Blake - inconsistent. Rookie year was a mess, when he played with three rookie WRs, two rookie OL, and a LT back from off-season rehab. Is this Gus' fault?

Lee - enough said

ARob - flashes potential. Maybe we can help him out some more. We'll know more when Julius comes back.

Fowler - injured

Yeldon - he's OK. Wouldn't say he's superstar, but good enough

Gerhart - our "bell cow" lol

Beadles - average

Marks - a bust in Tennessee, but excelled here. IMO, this is a "hit" for both Gus and Dave. Dave obviously took the chance, but Marks has been very open in crediting Gus (or at the very least, Gus' system) to allow Marks to play to his penetrating abilities as opposed to what he did in Tenn. Of course, he's also hurt this season.

Odrick - the new Alualu. Solid, but not spectacular.

House - he has been tested a bit. Sometimes he wins, sometimes he loses. Just Ok

Julius - injured

So these are the top players that Dave has brought in with his 1st/2nd rounders and big free-agents. These guys are supposed to be our cores, and instead you have an injured and inconsistent mess.
That word inconsistent is key. No development. I put that on the coach. Just my opinion, doesn't make me right, but I expect the coach to get the best out of his players and judging how everything tends to fall apart in the second half I blame...wait for it...coaching

Quote:I will add that Dave has done a great job with his later picks. Linder, Colvin, Bowanko, Telvin, McCray. For where we got these guys? Great selections. But none of them are stars (perhaps exception of Linder, if you can count a RG a star). Unless Dave's early picks and really high prize free-agent just provides a spark when they get healthy or adjust to this team, Dave is as big a culprit for this mess as far as I'm concerned.

And while as a GM you can't foresee injury (with the exception of Lee, who already had an injury history in college) nonetheless...you can't have a 3 year rebuild and not come out with one legit playmaker.
Once again, I cant say for sure that there aren't play makers on this team when they look unprepared much more often then not. You could be right. Dave may be a turd, but I personally am not there yet.

Quote:That word inconsistent is key. No development. I put that on the coach. Just my opinion, doesn't make me right, but I expect the coach to get the best out of his players and judging how everything tends to fall apart in the second half I blame...wait for it...coaching

There's things that coaching can help, of course. But the player also has to make a play. And when you build a team littered with young inexperienced players, is your expectation of these players the same of a four-year pro-bowler? Of course not. It doesn't help that the core foundation of this group has been either hurt a lot.

Quote:There's things that coaching can help, of course. But the player also has to make a play. And when you build a team littered with young inexperienced players, is your expectation of these players the same of a four-year pro-bowler? Of course not. It doesn't help that the core foundation of this group has been either hurt a lot.
I dont disagree, but since they are so young I would hope Bradley would come up with some things to help hide the youth and inexperience

Quote:Once again, I cant say for sure that there aren't play makers on this team when they look unprepared much more often then not. You could be right. Dave may be a turd, but I personally am not there yet.

The thing is, do they look unprepared because the coaching was bad? Or were they unprepared because...well, they are young and young players are bound to make mistakes? The New England game I put squarely on Gus. He got outcoached, flat out by one of the best in the game. But this game? I don't buy it.

The argument I hear often is that our roster is supposed to be so much better than the Colts without Luck. If that's the case, then shouldn't their talent have popped more than just 13 points?

If Belichick took last week off and I coached the Patriots vs. Bradley's Jaguars. You don't think the Patriots talent wins out in spite of my coaching? The fact that we couldn't overcome Gus perceived lack of coaching means we weren't that much better than the Colts...despite what some of us might like to believe.

Quote:The thing is, do they look unprepared because the coaching was bad? Or were they unprepared because...well, they are young and young players are bound to make mistakes? The New England game I put squarely on Gus. He got outcoached, flat out by one of the best in the game. But this game? I don't buy it.

The argument I hear often is that our roster is supposed to be so much better than the Colts without Luck. If that's the case, then shouldn't their talent have popped more than just 13 points?

If Belichick took last week off and I coached the Patriots vs. Bradley's Jaguars. You don't think the Patriots talent wins out in spite of my coaching? The fact that we couldn't overcome Gus perceived lack of coaching means we weren't that much better than the Colts...despite what some of us might like to believe.

And what about if Belichick was the HC of the Jags in today's game against the clots? Do you think he loses to a Luckless clot team like Gus did today? Do you think he could have found a way for the Jags to score more then 13 points for an entire game? Well?

Judging by how flat the team looked the last 3 years, especially in the second half...the multiple double digit losses, the lack of adjustments, I am going to go coaching.

Are you calling the plays for the Pats? Are you making adjustments? The game plan? The substitutions? Hard to say the result you have me there. You may coach a victory you may not.

But if you coached the Jags that game whats the result then? 58 to 10? 51-17? The Patriots score every possession?  Results would probably be similar. Does that make you just as good or almost as good as Gus?