Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
On the bright side..

Quote:And what about if Belichick was the HC of the Jags in today's game against the clots? Do you think he loses to a Luckless clot team like Gus did today? Do you think he could have found a way for the Jags to score more then 13 points for an entire game? Well?

Yes he would, because he's one of the best coaches of all time. My point is if this team is as superior to the Colts as MANY here claim to be (especially without Luck), then this vastly superior team that we claim to have (that Dave Caldwell supposedly built) WOULD have done enough to overcome Gus. The fact that they couldn't, IMO, tells me that we aren't as good as we think we are.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:And what about if Belichick was the HC of the Jags in today's game against the clots? Do you think he loses to a Luckless clot team like Gus did today? Do you think he could have found a way for the Jags to score more then 13 points for an entire game? Well?
I think if Belichik was our coach then then Bortles still would have had only one good half...

Because he would have been resting the 2nd half. Belichik would have destroyed the Colts WITH the team/talent we currently have on offense. 

Quote:Judging by how flat the team looked the last 3 years, especially in the second half...the multiple double digit losses, the lack of adjustments, I am going to go coaching.

Are you calling the plays for the Pats? Are you making adjustments? The game plan? The substitutions? Hard to say the result you have me there. You may coach a victory you may not.

But if you coached the Jags that game whats the result then? 58 to 10? 51-17? The Patriots score every possession?  Results would probably be similar. Does that make you just as good or almost as good as Gus?

Guess we'll have to disagree. I think if we put the Jaguars roster up for trade with any fanbase, there will be very few if not handful who would be jumping up their seats to go "oooh I want them! Let's trade rosters"

If Gus tells his players to run around in circles with their arms in the air screaming it wont matter how much talent is on the team. There could be 53 hall of famers and they would still lose. Don't act like coaching and play calling isn't important.

Quote:But if you coached the Jags that game whats the result then? 58 to 10? 51-17? The Patriots score every possession?  Results would probably be similar. Does that make you just as good or almost as good as Gus?

That's funny because it's true. The patriots already scored every possession.

Quote:Guess we'll have to disagree. I think if we put the Jaguars roster up for trade with any fanbase, there will be very few if not handful who would be jumping up their seats to go "oooh I want them! Let's trade rosters"
So please explain what you like about Gus and why you think he is the guy for the job. I am genuinely curious.

Quote:So please explain what you like about Gus and why you think he is the guy for the job. I am genuinely curious.

I've already said I don't have a problem canning him. I just don't feel Caldwell should be safe. Bradley was his hire. The decision to get rid of just about every veterans and go young was Caldwell's. The entire roster consists of players that Caldwell drafted or signed, none of which have shown to be surefire cornerstone players. This is the team HE built. He's as much responsible for this mess as Gus.

Quote:We have scored 20 total points in 8 second half quarters.

Wow. Didn't realize the numbers. That's just...... I don't know.

Quote:Wow. Didn't realize the numbers. That's just...... I don't know.

Keep in mind 14 of those we're after being blown out by the Pats who were playing prevent D.

Quote:Keep in mind 14 of those we're after being blown out by the Pats who were playing prevent D.

Yeah, just terrible. I keep waiting for the game where they figure it out........ Waiting... Waiting

Quote:Yeah, just terrible. I keep waiting for the game where they figure it out........ Waiting... Waiting

Posted this in another thread, but seems relevant.

[Image: s1p1r.jpg]

Keep on swimming, swim, swim, swim...

The Jaguars are playing the Bucs and have won the last few matchups against them, & the Bucs stink again this year...

Should be an easy win, but then again so was this week's against the Colts....

2-3