Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why are we surprised by this team? (Valid points inside)

1. We draft guys who had injuries in college to play key positions and are shocked when injuries hold them out.

2. We bring in undrafted free agents to play key positions and get mad at them for drops.

3. We bring in kickers from the arena league and expect them to be clutch.

4. We bring in guys in FA with a history of nagging injuries and expect them to magically disappear when they sign the deal.

5. We bring in first time coaches.

Honestly, why is anybody surprised we are in the position we are in now? The evidence is right in front of us, but we choose to ignore it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It shouldn't even have come down to the kicker and OT. The Jaguars had the game won out right without all those penalties.

'02

They scored 13 pts

Quote:It shouldn't even have come down to the kicker and OT. The Jaguars had the game won out right without all those penalties.

Not talking about this game specifically. Just the mentality of the organization and FO.

im not surprised and that's what hurts

Quote:They scored 13 pts

It's actually pretty funny when you think about it that way...what a joke, we score 10 points last week before the Pats let us have the free TD so they could end the game quicker. 

I'm honestly not surprised at any of it. Year in and year out we are always hurting in several key areas that make it near impossible to win. We finally have a decent looking QB, and everything else is in shambles. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

I am actually slowly changing my mind on hiring a failed ex-coach. At least they know what they did wrong and can learn from it. A new coach does wrong before they ever have a chance to learn from it.

The whole first time head coach thing definitely hasn't been working for us, that's for sure.
60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Needed Amari. Our wideouts were shutdown

Quote:Needed Amari. Our wideouts were shutdown

I'm not even mad about the draft. I'm sure Fowler will end up being good, but you are right. We need a true #1 receiver. The good news is, it seems elite receivers grow on trees these days coming out of college, so we will get one eventually.

6. Sign other teams' backups and expect them to play at a high level as our starter.

7. Sign free agents to moderate level contracts that their original teams had the ability to pay, but chose not to.

Dude, our WRs did just fine.

What's wrong with you people???  

Amari would look just as lame with this stupid coaching staff as Hurns as AR15 look...  It's not the players, it's the coaches that are holding us back.

This coaching staff sucks.

Quote:I'm not even mad about the draft. I'm sure Fowler will end up being good, but you are right. We need a true #1 receiver. The good news is, it seems elite receivers grow on trees these days coming out of college, so we will get one eventually.
We drafted him and he decided to get suspended multiple times. I doubt we'll get a talent like Blackmon for a long time.

Quote:1. We draft guys who had injuries in college to play key positions and are shocked when injuries hold them out.

2. We bring in undrafted free agents to play key positions and get mad at them for drops.

3. We bring in kickers from the arena league and expect them to be clutch.

4. We bring in guys in FA with a history of nagging injuries and expect them to magically disappear when they sign the deal.

5. We bring in first time coaches.

Honestly, why is anybody surprised we are in the position we are in now? The evidence is right in front of us, but we choose to ignore it.
True...

Quote:Dude, our WRs did just fine.

Amari would look just as lame with this stupid coaching staff as Hurns as AR15 look...  It's not the players, it's the coaches that are holding us back.

Hurns looked amazing today and Robinson made some clutch catches as well. The only problem with the passing game today was Blake Bortles throwing for 50 attempts. For the win this game, it could be hung solely on the kicking game. For the season so far and for the forseeable future, it's clearly the running game.

Quote:It shouldn't even have come down to the kicker and OT. The Jaguars had the game won out right without all those penalties.
Also quite true...

Quote:Dude, our WRs did just fine.

Amari would look just as lame with this stupid coaching staff as Hurns as AR15 look... It's not the players, it's the coaches that are holding us back.

They were shutdown outside.

Quote:6. Sign other teams' backups and expect them to play at a high level as our starter.

7. Sign free agents to moderate level contracts that their original teams had the ability to pay, but chose not to.
Actually, the other teams backups that we sign do play about as well as most of our starters.

...oh wait... I just made myself sad.

Honestly, I'm not even sure if I'm going to watch next week's game, or any Jaguars games for that matter, until this team shows significant improvement, and we have a better HC. It's too depressing to sit here and monitor the Jags on my computer, or watch them on TV anymore. This team will always find some way to lose the game and break your heart, and most of us already know the result beforehand; and they have a vampire like nature of sucking away your mental and emotional energy.

These are not the Jags that I or anybody else grew up with, and it's literally a waste of everyone's time to continue to support this trashy product.