Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Julius Thomas

Nonfactor

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Nonfactor
If you were expecting Julius Thomas to come out the gate and have even a 5 catch game, you were the wrong one.

In the end he's probably a big reason why Hurns and Robinson were virtually running around out there by themselves. Bortles has a 5 TD game if he doesn't stare Marcedes Lewis down.

Speaking of, it was a huge mistake resigning him.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:That's the way it works here.
1-4.  I mean, at this point if you are in 'panic' mode you must be a new fan/new to the board. This is the norm, has been the norm, since Del Rio left. Even at the end of the JDR era had some blowouts. Its been this way close to a decade now. Yes people overreact. I see it every week, but the fact is this team just can't get it right. Its a win-loss business and what is this? 8-29?

Quote:Dude cashed out to live the easy life here in Jax. You really think he want's to damage his career putting miles on his body out here in Jax? Do you think he wants to risk injury or not being able to land with another team because he played hard for a 4-12 team at best? Screw this guy, had he been in the first few games he could have really helped us. I hope we go ahead and cut ties soon. In before the storm of apologists/ posters that only insult the OP as opposed to contributing to the conversation show up.
FAIL

I am liking what I see out of Julius Thomas.   He's hard to cover with one guy, and if they put one guy on him, he just runs a slant, and if Blake throws the fastball, he'll catch it.   The man has great hands.  

I really don't see what's not to like.   He got injured and missed some games, and then when he got back, it was a process getting the chemistry with Blake, but I am starting to see that he and Blake are getting some bread and butter routes that are going to be hard for other teams to cover.  

He's playing better. Cool. I'm still not fully trusting him based on prior performances.

Quote:He's playing better. Cool. I'm still not fully trusting him based on prior performances.

I hope Julius doesn't lose too much sleep over this.

Quote:I hope Julius doesn't lose too much sleep over this.

I didn't expect him to

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2015, 01:37 PM by ukjag34.)

Not as good as I hoped on contested catches but get him in space and he is a weapon.

Hopefully a healthy offseason with bortles next year and we will see some real numbers

I think there's still just a chemistry issue there that will build. They mentioned something that when they're on the wrong page JT makes a big effort to try and get things right with each other.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I think if he plays a full season, we can expect a line of 500-700 yards and 10-12TDs next season. Maybe even more in the TD category.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:I think if he plays a full season, we can expect a line of 500-700 yards and 10-12TDs next season. Maybe even more in the TD category.

Agreed. He's at what 5 tds now? I expect him to finish the season at 7.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS