Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions from the Colts Game

This was one of the most frustrating games in my 21 years as a season ticket holder.  Un freaking real.

1.  Once again, the offense completely disappears in the second half.  It seems as if the first drive had potential to be a scoring drive, but two penalties against Parnell doomed the team.  The low snap that went through Bortles' legs defies belief and ruined a potential game winning drive.  In overtime Yeldon gives us his longest run as a professional, and inexplicably, he gets taken out for Gerhart (of all people).who promptly gets thrown for a two yard loss.  Then Myers misses not one...not two...but three THREE GW FGs  Shaking my head in dismay.

2.  Bortles played well overall, but for some reason, the offense bogged down in the second half.  He is 6'5 and kept getting passes batted down.

3.  Most of my frustration belongs to the defense.  When the Colts scored their first TD, they were aided by not one...not two...not three....not four...but FIVE (5) defensive penalties....four of which came on 3rd down, negating stops and continuing drives.

4.  There was at least one OBVIOUS PI not called on Robinson over the middle that should have continued a drive late.

5.  Screw it.  Nothing else to say.  This team had a golden opportunity today to bury the Colts, win a winnable game and seize first place and pissed it away with penalties, missed FGs, inexplicable play calling.  

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This team doesn't know how to win

I liked Gus, but this loss really has me disgusted. If you can't get up to play your biggest rival and their back up, you don't deserve to lead a team. Disgraceful loss. Kicking aside, [BLEEP] happened to halftime adjustments. Or just adjustments in general.
I'm back been two years.

;

;

;

This was our game to win.  We don't win games, because we are a bad football team. Again. 

Fire Gus and Dave and start all over again...   :yucky:

Gene's Myth

just think of what this team could do with a coach like bruce arians. The team has talent. What a waste

I second all points. I don't know how we lost this. Speechless.

I am with u bullseye, so frustrated in our inability to put a team away when given the opportunity. This has plagued this team for 12 years.

Their only Td drive was an exercise in complete disbelief with the penalties.

Why cant we still stop a team that has third and long. My worst frustration.

The thing is, going into the season, if you said we'd be 1-3 after four games, most here wouldn't be surprised.  I wouldn't have been, and I could conceivably find reason for hope.  I certainly wouldn't anticipate being too hard on Bradley.

But looking back over the first four games, I see a TON of blown opportunity, and two winnable games LOST.

Like many, I am angry and frustrated.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Neither team deserved to win, they both played like [BLEEP], I just assumed 3 years into the process we could win games like this, where the starting qb is replaced with a 90 year old 

Change the title of the thread to "Depression from the colts game"

This one doesn't bother me.  The team showed some progress.  The way they played, a coach with a good plan will win.  My real concern was we would continue to flat line and look like there is no talent or room to improve.  We have enough going for us to be 10 points better on offense.  We have the wrong game plan and the wrong coach.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Neither team deserved to win, they both played like [BAD WORD REMOVED], I just assumed 3 years into the process we could win games like this, where the starting qb is replaced with a 90 year old 

Colts had an excuse to lose. They were running with a backup QB. What was our excuse?

The Jags are not a good football team guys.

We all know the Colts are a pretty bad team without Luck.

We all know the Dolphins are a bad team too.

The Jags played both of those bad teams just about as even as you can get. The Jags are on par with these bottom-level teams.

What talent there is on the Jags roster is still fairly inexperienced, and they're not accustomed how to win. That's just where they're at right now.

Thankfully, the AFCS is nothing but trash. As long as the Colts keep struggling,, who knows what will happen in this garbage division?

Quote:Their only Td drive was an exercise in complete disbelief with the penalties.

that was a ridiculous 

they need to find a new way to penalize personal fouls on QBs.. when its third and long and you sack the qb but the qb lowers his head they should not get a free first down.  It should be 15 yards for the offense but remain 4th down.  Defense should not be penalized for getting a sack.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:The thing is, going into the season, if you said we'd be 1-3 after four games, most here wouldn't be surprised.  I wouldn't have been, and I could conceivably find reason for hope.  I certainly wouldn't anticipate being too hard on Bradley.

But looking back over the first four games, I see a TON of blown opportunity, and two winnable games LOST.

Like many, I am angry and frustrated.
 A lot of us looked at 1-3 as realistic. But that was also was under the impression that we were facing a Luck-led offense. Without Luck, we SHOULD be better than the Colts.

Also looking back at early predictions..I think a lot of us looked at the Jets and Bills game as favorable. If we can't score more than 13 points against this bad Colts defense, what in the world are we going to do against those two defenses?

I'm struggling to understand why anyone would be defending Gus at this point. He came into the job as the hot coordinator prospect that was riding the coattails of a defense studded with pro bowlers and was getting interviews but not hires around the league. Should have been Dave's first clue about the guy.

It seems like Dave probably hired him purely based on how much he personally liked him, and thought he'd be a guy that wouldn't try to get into his way when it came to personnel moves. I hope Dave learned a good lesson about what criteria should be used to select a head coach.

In three years Gus has talked about getting better, but he himself doesn't seem to have done so, I don't know how he's supposed to get the team better when he himself doesn't seem to be improving in his ability to coach a team or manage a game.

Quote:Colts had an excuse to lose. They were running with a backup QB. What was our excuse?
Look, we will be better once Bradley finishes reading the yellow Football for dummies book...Until then just be patient.

[Image: 27242498.jpg]

One of only two teams worse than us last year, with a rookie qb, lit that defense up for 30+. We did 13 again, with zero in the second half. The Hoyer led Texans even got 21 on the Falcons.

I feel confident in saying we're the worst team in the worst division in football. I stand in awe of this monster they've built for us.

The is the results you get from athletes being in a "comfortable environment ".
Jaguars Fundamentalist