Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions from the Colts Game

Quote:I think I liked this one the best. Maybe in year 5 we'll be ready to line up correctly.

Lol I know right. When will this become commonplace for this team?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Will other teams follow suit and rest their starting QB vs the Jags

We are going to have a rookie quarterback on the other side this week.  I wonder if we will dial up some pressure or things to confuse him.  Hahahahahahhaahahha probably not.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 11:07 AM by MoJagFan.)

Thanks CBS Sports site.  This is a pretty good unbiased and unpained opinion

<p style="margin-left:40px;">The Jaguars got a gift on Sunday when the Colts announced thatAndrew Luck wouldn't be playing. The Jags then proceeded to waste that gift, kind of like when a kid breaks a Christmas present 12 minutes after he opens it. Rookie T.J. Yeldon was a bright spot for the Jaguars, rushing for 105 yards and averaging 4.8 yards per carry. Rookie kicker Jason Myers was not a bright spot, missing two potential game-winning field goals.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

Link
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foot...in-the-afc

EDIT:

Okay the comments sometimes are spot on hilarious

<b>sueb450</b>

Colts got an A? They only beat the Jaguars because the Jags can't make a freaking field goal!  Both teams sucked!

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I knew we were in trouble with him as soon as the camera crew zoomed in on his face and showed him deeply exhaling as if he had already soiled his britches. 10/10, yes I still mad

That's what my thought was well when they showed his face right before the Overtime FG. He was in panic mode and I was so much hoping he'd make it and put the previous mistakes behind his back. 

Sadly it turned out the other way...

Firing Bradley would have ZERO affect on Bortles.  The OC and other coaches are still under contract.

Quote:This was one of the most frustrating games in my 21 years as a season ticket holder. Un freaking real.

1. Once again, the offense completely disappears in the second half. It seems as if the first drive had potential to be a scoring drive, but two penalties against Parnell doomed the team. The low snap that went through Bortles' legs defies belief and ruined a potential game winning drive. In overtime Yeldon gives us his longest run as a professional, and inexplicably, he gets taken out for Gerhart (of all people).who promptly gets thrown for a two yard loss. Then Myers misses not one...not two...but three THREE GW FGs Shaking my head in dismay.

2. Bortles played well overall, but for some reason, the offense bogged down in the second half. He is 6'5 and kept getting passes batted down.

3. Most of my frustration belongs to the defense. When the Colts scored their first TD, they were aided by not one...not two...not three....not four...but FIVE (5) defensive penalties....four of which came on 3rd down, negating stops and continuing drives.

4. There was at least one OBVIOUS PI not called on Robinson over the middle that should have continued a drive late.

5. Screw it. Nothing else to say. This team had a golden opportunity today to bury the Colts, win a winnable game and seize first place and [BAD WORD REMOVED] it away with penalties, missed FGs, inexplicable play calling.

I respect your opinions and I can say this: if Bullseye is frustrated then you know there's issues.

I agree with the OP. After the game yesterday I was very upset but mostly at the how the game ended with Myers missing the two chances to be a real hero in Jacksonville.

I think the biggest issue we have is the injuries. How much of an impact would Fowler, J Thomas, Marks, Linder, Lee, D Rob make if they played?

I think we are 3-1 if we had those players on the field.

We still have some good young pieces. But we don't have PREMIER young pieces yet. Maybe the next gm can hit on this draft/fa cuz we arent 2-3 years away to be honest. But we need another WR. Draft a tight end so even if JT is hobbled we still have a threat. SIGN a big time LT and see if joeckel can work at a guard if not cut him.

Spend money on a LB or 2 and IDK what to do about safety.

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Quote:I am very nervous about the affect firing Gus & co would have on Bortles.
That's why I think it won't happen until the end of the year.

Quote:Firing Bradley would have ZERO affect on Bortles. The OC and other coaches are still under contract.

The problem there is does the new HC want his own staff? It still does no good to fire him mid season, but when the season is up and if they decide to go new, I think you have to make a stipulation that the current offensive staff stays, at least the OC.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS